Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2003, 10:28 AM   #1
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Question OT: OOTP 5 help regarding foreign league

Well I broke down and grabbed it when it was on sale on taxday (I had to get it anyway for the one online league I am in). Anyways, I decided to try a new route for me to help with immersion and that is making a custom fiction league. In this case I am making a 24-team Japan/S. Korea league.

A couple of questions:

I plan on simming about 10 years from 1950 with the normal names. One question is are there any name files out there with Asian first and last names? More specifically is there a file with a mix of a large amount of Asian names with a smaller amount of English names? I don't really want too many Masahira Johnsons. If so, how do I go about doing it?

The other question is I wanted to "sim X seasons". Well every season that ends it prompts me if I want to add historical rookies. Is there any way to automatically choose no? It sort of defeats the purpose if I wanted to sim 50 years while I went to bed and it stays stuck on season 2.

Thanks for any help.

HornedFrog Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 11:05 AM   #2
KWhit
Coordinator

Re: OT: OOTP 5 help regarding foreign league

Quote:
Originally posted by HornedFrog Purple
Well I broke down and grabbed it when it was on sale on taxday (I had to get it anyway for the one online league I am in). Anyways, I decided to try a new route for me to help with immersion and that is making a custom fiction league. In this case I am making a 24-team Japan/S. Korea league.

A couple of questions:

I plan on simming about 10 years from 1950 with the normal names. One question is are there any name files out there with Asian first and last names? More specifically is there a file with a mix of a large amount of Asian names with a smaller amount of English names? I don't really want too many Masahira Johnsons. If so, how do I go about doing it?

The other question is I wanted to "sim X seasons". Well every season that ends it prompts me if I want to add historical rookies. Is there any way to automatically choose no? It sort of defeats the purpose if I wanted to sim 50 years while I went to bed and it stays stuck on season 2.

Thanks for any help.

Because it's a historical sim (starting before 2003), it will always ask if you want to import rookies. No getting around that.

As far as the names go, you already have it. It is the afnames.dat and the ANames.dat files. First, back up your other names files or put them in a different directory. Then copy afnames (Asian first names) to fnames.dat and lafnames.dat. Then copy Anames to Names.dat and lanames.dat. This should give you a league with nothing but asian names.

If you want asian nicknames or asian women names (for a manager career) you'll have to edit those by hand.

Hope this makes sense.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 11:13 AM   #3
Hammer755
High School Varsity

I believe someone from this board, I think it was devaneyfan but don't hold me to it, created a more extensive asian names database that can be used with OOTP.

Edit - Link to file and explanation of file from dfan

Last edited by Hammer755 : 04-17-2003 at 11:14 AM.
Hammer755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 11:30 AM   #4
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Thank you both, it worked great in a test league!