Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2003, 09:50 PM   #1
Easy Mac

For you Simpsons lovers

The Simpsons - The Complete Third Season (1989) DVD Pre-Order, $32.49 SHIPPED FREE! _POSTED TODAY

DVD/CD & Related : Amazon : Comments?

List price: $49.98. Calling all Simpsons fans! Pick up the entire 3rd season on DVD for just $32.49!
Pre-order the Complete Third Season DVD of the Simpsons at Amazon for only $32.49!

This DVD set will ship for free with Super Saver Shipping!

Found this while looking for cheap computers... Man, I'm going to waste like $600 on Simpsons episodes once their all out on DVD... oh well, who cares.

Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 05:30 AM   #2
Mega
n00b

I bought the first season, then realised that the Simpsons is still on something like 3 times a day. Not to mention that I've seen most episodes 5+ times. Now I am waiting for the Red Dwarf DVD's to either come down in price, be collected, or both.
Mega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 07:19 AM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, I feel the same way. My main reason for getting The Family Guy DVD was because there are some episodes I've never even seen, or have just seen parts of once. I usually don't buy VHS/DVD collections, but Family Guy is a different matter. The Simpsons has been insyndication for so long, I've seen every one of them 5-10 times each.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 07:21 AM   #4
Easy Mac

Strangely, I buy them because the stations around here don't show episodes from earlier than 1998, and those just aren't as fun. It's probably been three years since I've seen the episode where Bleeding Gums died, or the white Michael Jackson episode.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 09:04 AM   #5
Malificent
High School JV

Plus, the syndicated episodes are chopped up, and many good bits are removed. Also, the commentaries on the DVDs are highly entertaining, and I don't listen to commentaries all that often.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:18 PM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

Has anyone noticed that recent new Simpsons episodes seem to be improving somewhat? Less gimmicks, more actual storylines... It gives me hope.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 01:52 PM   #7
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
Has anyone noticed that recent new Simpsons episodes seem to be improving somewhat? Less gimmicks, more actual storylines... It gives me hope.

The past couple Sundays I've caught myself laughing very hard and was thinking the same exact thing Kodos. Maybe it's just one last hurrah for the franchise, but atleast recently things have been going great. (Although I'm one of the few that didn't feel the recent episodes were all that bad, just not as good as the earlier ones.)
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote