Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2003, 02:49 PM   #1
korme
Go Reds

Quote of the Moment - Good Times

looking through the recent list.. man there are some funny things in there.. it's hard to find what I would consider my favorite, but I'd have to say right now, I like-

"You can always transfer this dynasty from OOTP$ to version 5, Cam." - from Marmel

and

"A real man would pull them out one at a time." - from Bee, a classic thread thats probably only funny after reading all of the posts..

and

"Uhh...if i told you guys i spontaneously ejaculated when i saw these screen shots....would you think less of me?" from bbor

But that is just a few, I could go on. Anyone else got any favorites? Also, I am starting to see less of Easy's kleenex one.

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 02:54 PM   #2
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

My favorite is a Swaggs quote:

"Bucc had traveled all the states before the last 18 were added..."

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 02:58 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

How do you view the QOTM list?

I always read about this, but every time I click on the link at the top, all I get is a blank "Done" page. Is there some other way to get there? Very frustrating.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 02:59 PM   #4
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

TRY THIS BLIND CHIEF

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 04-16-2003, 03:05 PM   #5
korme
Go Reds

Chief, I made a thread about a month ago when I was updating the forum skins.

I found that for some crazy assed reason, you cannot view the Quote List unless your style is set to FOFC Yellow. So make a quick switch, and view all of the glory that is Quote of the Moment.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:06 PM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Nope, still blank.

I'm not behind some huge firewall here. I have no idea why this would come up blank for me, but it always has.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:06 PM   #7
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I do not uses FOFC yellow. I use the Green Sidelines with the highlighted links and I can see the Quotes just fine. You lie, shorty.

Old 04-16-2003, 03:07 PM   #8
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am in FOFC Yellow. That's the one that looks like the old forum, right?

Chief Rum

Old 04-16-2003, 03:08 PM   #9
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Try the green sideline with highlighted links. I tworks for me. also, try refreshing the blank page when you get there. That link I posted is working for me (obviously).

Old 04-16-2003, 03:09 PM   #10
korme
Go Reds

Well, that's what happens for me. If I switch to any other style, I can't see.

That is odd..

Disregard my bold line.

I suggest trying all styles Chief, one will probably work.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:09 PM   #11
Craptacular
College Starter

Re: Quote of the Moment - Good Times

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty3281

"A real man would pull them out one at a time." - from Bee, a classic thread thats probably only funny after reading all of the posts..

That was my chest hair thread where Ksyrup told me I lacked his charisma.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:10 PM   #12
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I wasn't in FOFC Yellow, or "FOFC Classic" as it says. I was in Exposed. How weird. But I still had the old FOFC colors. In fact, now that I switched, everything still looks the same.

Anyway, thanks, Shorty, I can see the quotes now. It looks like you need to be off of Exposed to see them. Why on Earth that would be the case, you got me.

Chief Rum

Old 04-16-2003, 03:11 PM   #13
korme
Go Reds

I remember reading that in the early morning that day and thought that thread was great, and yet it died with only maybe 15 replies.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:12 PM   #14
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Rum
I wasn't in FOFC Yellow, or "FOFC Classic" as it says. I was in Exposed. How weird. But I still had the old FOFC colors. In fact, now that I switched, everything still looks the same.

Anyway, thanks, Shorty, I can see the quotes now. It looks like you need to be off of Exposed to see them. Why on Earth that would be the case, you got me.

Chief Rum

That is odd that Exposed looked like FOFC yellow. For some reason, whenever you select a style originally, it looks like FOFC Yellow no matter what, and you have to select it again. For instance, if you now click Exposed, Chief, you will see the major variation.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:13 PM   #15
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Re: Re: Quote of the Moment - Good Times

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
That was my chest hair thread where Ksyrup told me I lacked his charisma.

Although not a QOTM to my knowledge, in context, Hell Atlantic's "You lack my charisma" quote is probably the funniest thing I've ever read here.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:32 PM   #16
Fat Football Playr
n00b

I always like cthomer's "If I woke up as a woman, I'd want my control over my emotions back" or Shorty's "I say repay the favor to your significant other, because an alien probe is like a chain letter, bringing good luck to all those fortunate enough to receive it". But then again, anything from Easy Mac or Fritz is usually a winner.
Fat Football Playr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:51 PM   #17
Buzzbee
College Starter

I chuckle every time I see these:

Did anyone else get really nervous when they saw a thread titled "Have a Gynocologist question" with the "attachment" icon next to it? I was worried it was going to be a JPG and the words "does this look infected to you?"

and

She certainly didn't look 13. (Ok, now I'll take "Things I hope I never have to say to a judge" for $200, Alex)