Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2003, 02:49 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

How far do you get in your Madden franchises?

I notice I spend almost as much time setting them up as playing. This is mostly due to the fact that I like to add in historic players and then cut down current players who aren't up to snuff so that the league is still balanced (i.e., not everyone is in the 90s). The problem is, I usually get only a season or 2 in before I decide I want to overhaul things. How about you? How far do you get?

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 02:57 PM   #2
Calis
College Starter

Crazy thing is, my friend and I have been playing a Franchise, and we're on Season 8 now, which is insane for me. I usually only last a few games.

I guess the main difference is I don't play it all otherwise, and we don't play that often, but we binge when we do.

I think there's a good chance we'll take this one the distance.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 02:59 PM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

You guys control different teams?
Old 04-16-2003, 02:59 PM   #4
Radii
Head Coach

I played about 6 seasons with the Panthers and was really enjoying it when I accidentally quit my job as the Panthers coach, and saved before I realized what I had done. That was when I quit playing madden I've tried twice since then to restart but the interest just isn't there.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:01 PM   #5
Kodos
Resident Alien

With the draft and free agency going on, it always tempts me to update things to reflect the new moves.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:01 PM   #6
Calis
College Starter

No, we both play the same team.

We've always been huge Co-Op fans, in NBA Live, Madden, NCAA, whatever...we always play same team.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:01 PM   #7
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I usually only get to the 3rd scene in "Glad He Ate Her"...............are we talking about the same thing?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:27 PM   #8
couriers

I am starting my 3rd season of my most current career and am enjoying the hell out of it. I keep a ton of records that need to be logged in a spreadsheet at the end of each season so that tends to slow me down a bit as well as taking a lot of time during the preseason. Over this has been the most enjoyable football career that I have ever had in regards to all the different games that I have played. Good stuff.
Old 04-16-2003, 03:56 PM   #9
mckerney
Coordinator

I usually play until I get pissed about free agency after there are 3 straight years where no one rated better than 75.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:49 PM   #10
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Last year I got through 5 years each with two different franchises (Bucs and Jags) This year I played NFL2k1 first, got through a couple seasons with the Colts and lost interest. I'm playing Madden now, in season 2 with the Browns. I use NCAA as my feeder. I'll create historical players in NCAA, let them play their college career, and then draft them in madden. Right now, I have some of my favorite ex-Colts in Madden (people like Bill Brooks, Albert Bentley, Jon Hand, etc) but some all-time greats like Bart Starr and Ray Nitchke will be in the next draft file.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:50 PM   #11
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

1 season.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:19 PM   #12
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Why isn't this a poll?
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 06:23 PM   #13
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
I go all the way with Madden.

um
Old 04-16-2003, 06:56 PM   #14
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
I go all the way with Madden.

um

Does he say stuff like "POWWW!" in bed too?
Old 04-16-2003, 07:47 PM   #15
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Me ,Well at least 10 years . The farthest Ive gone is 19 years .
Old 04-16-2003, 08:39 PM   #16
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Me ,Well at least 10 years . The farthest Ive gone is 19 years .

A friend of mine played 25 years in NCAA 2003 as Norfolk State. Scary part is, it only took him about two months.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 09:03 PM   #17
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by ice4277
A friend of mine played 25 years in NCAA 2003 as Norfolk State. Scary part is, it only took him about two months.

ack! why?
Old 04-17-2003, 03:27 AM   #18
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am in the midst of my fifth season with the Lions. I simmed the first season (they were just too horrible). I have been playing concurrent Madden and NCAA seasons to generate draft files. Simmed the first four seasons of NCAA to get ride of all the players with numbers for names. It's been great fun actually. Really get into the draft, scouting, seeing how great NCAA players fair in Madden and what not. All in all, quite fun and has kept me off the computer.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 06:29 AM   #19
condors
College Starter

i play ncaa over madden (just my personal tastes i guess) i just keep playing the same save. i normally play to the limit and start over again and i don't even get "into it" until i have all starters that i recurited, I also write down the "stats" for the guys i try to get a real feel for my players. (i really love building up a cupcake)
condors is offline   Reply With Quote