Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2003, 04:16 AM   #1
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I know why my hattrick team sucks!!!

I have a fairly decent team, but im no threat to be promoted this season, unless I can make some quick changes.

My biggest problem, is my whole team is average. My GK is solid and is also my best player now, bringing in 3 stars.

However all of my other players are mearly inadquate. I think my biggest mistake was blowing all my cash trying to get marginally better players, rather then 1 or 2 better players in my conference...At least now my youth squad is solid.

I only have 4 players worth over 100k, and three of them are keepers... My average net woth is only 63k..

I guess all is not lost though, maybe In a few seasons, I can hope to compete for promotion although from what I hear there is a huge talent gap from V to IV, Im gonna need cash to compete up there I hear...right now im barely breaking even....

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 05:55 AM   #2
condors
College Starter

airhog i am in my 2nd year in the higher divsion and there is a huge talent gap my team on paper is the worst i started in this divsion and i sold my best player to get a good keeper, anyways i see players worth 6x what my guys are worth but that doesn't mean you can't win, look for guys that use the same tactics game after game and exploit it, i managed a miracle to stay up last season and on paper i should get demoted i think i will be able to come up with enough surprises to stay up again this season. For skill levels i have been told you want at least "solids" in your key postions (i don't have that but working on it)
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 01:17 PM   #3
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Airhog, you'll have to get past me next season.

How has your training gone? Are you concentrating on just one thing or switching it around? Training is how I'll be improving my team. Train guys for a season, sell them off, buy new trainees and improve the rest of the team with the rest of the money.

I don't think our division is that bad, really. Don't think that CRiSPyToWN is unbeatable. I PIC the match and only lost 0-1.

Good luck the rest of the season and I hope to cream you in our rematch at my place.

Proud Manager of the BOSTON WYCKYD SCEPTRE
Also attempting to Right The Ship with the Clippers
RonnieDobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 02:54 PM   #4
DataKing
Pro Rookie

It looks to me like the talent gap between Division V and Division IV depends a lot on where you land in Div. IV. In some Series', a decent Div. V team can compete. But if a Div. V team were to come into my series right now, they would have to be damn good to survive.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 07:09 PM   #5
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally posted by RonnieDobbs
Airhog, you'll have to get past me next season.

How has your training gone? Are you concentrating on just one thing or switching it around? Training is how I'll be improving my team. Train guys for a season, sell them off, buy new trainees and improve the rest of the team with the rest of the money.

I don't think our division is that bad, really. Don't think that CRiSPyToWN is unbeatable. I PIC the match and only lost 0-1.

Good luck the rest of the season and I hope to cream you in our rematch at my place.

hehe, well raiders right now is in the lead, but I think I can beat him at home with my better goalie....

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote