Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Any hot tub owners?

Hey guys,

We're looking at getting a hot tub for the back of our townhouse (we have sizable concrete patios that a lot of neighbors have used for this purpose and I believe we have 220 run out there already). The hot tub will really only be used by myself, my wife, and eventually our little one or maybe another couple so we're not looking for a huge hot tub. But we're just getting started and my understanding is that hot tub ownership, in addition to the actual purchase, can be expensive. Any advice, brands that you recommend (or recommend we stay away from), tips, etc?

Thanks in advance!

PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
Nogram
Mascot

As an add-on question (since I have thought about getting one but have not), how much maintenance / upkeep is there on a daily / weekly basis assuming light use (2-3 times a week for an hour each time)?

Also thanks in advance!

Last edited by Nogram : 07-20-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Nogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Ping! Pumpy.

There's no way a dude that smooth doesn't have a hot tub.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Hot tub! Ha! Da!
Ah-full of water!
I say hot tub! Ha!
Day! Ba! Very, very hot... Very hot! Da!
Hot tub! Gonna get ya hot-a!
Gonna make ya sweat! Hey! Say!
Hot tub! Rub a dub in the hot tub!
Rub a dub with me!
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Holy crap...what the hell was that?
Old 07-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Old 07-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
The hot tub will really only be used by myself, my wife, and maybe another couple

Giggity.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #8
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Our hot tub gets used a couple of times a week. When we bought the house, the tub was there along with a host of chemicals and testers (about a dozen different chemical concoctions). However, we talked to a local guy who maintenances hot tubs and he simply comes out every three to four months, scrubs the sides and fills the tub with filtered R/O water. Thereafter we sprinkle a couple of teaspoons of chlorinating concentrate at the end of each dip, and a little each week. The annual cost winds up being just under $400.

Edit: Oh, one thing we learned is that with a hot tub that can fit four to six, it can be a real pain in the ass to uncover the whole tub. We rigged our tub cover so that when one of us just wants to go in for a little maintenance soak to ease the bones, we can open just half the tub cover and slip in comfortably. It may be worth it to see if you can find a model that can be opened up totally for entertaining, or open up only partially for single person dipping. Also, on a personal note, the purchase of the tub is a good occasion for buying the plushest, most decadent terrycloth robe you can find for the wife. It will pay dividends (and in the words of Logan, giggity).

Last edited by Shkspr : 07-20-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #9
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I see them in the freebies section of craigslist pretty often...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote