Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

People are Jackasses

Car is less than a year old. Was taking it out today and noticed that someone fucking keyed it. I park on the street here in the city so it's not like someone knew my car or targeted it specifically. Just some random jackass who felt the need to key a car for fun. There are a couple bars in the area so I suspect it was someone who got drunk and did it for fun. I just can't fathom we have fucking people out there who do shit like that for kicks.

Anyways, does anyone know how much something like this costs? It's basically the length of the driver side door. Seems somewhat deep too.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:40 PM   #2
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Shitty man...seriously shitty.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Car is less than a year old. Was taking it out today and noticed that someone fucking keyed it. I park on the street here in the city so it's not like someone knew my car or targeted it specifically. Just some random jackass who felt the need to key a car for fun. There are a couple bars in the area so I suspect it was someone who got drunk and did it for fun. I just can't fathom we have fucking people out there who do shit like that for kicks.

Anyways, does anyone know how much something like this costs? It's basically the length of the driver side door. Seems somewhat deep too.

Now, take into consideration, I have no experience with this stuff, so I am completely talking out of my ass, but am presuming, of course, that I am correct (): is it really entirely contained on the door? If so, my guess is that might be really lucky, as getting the work done on the door alone instead of the whole car would possibly be cheaper (I would guess).

Sorry that happened, though, that sucks.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #4
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

The funny thing is that if they smashed my window and stole my stereo, I'd understand it. They did it to get something. But whoever did this just did it to be a dick.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
Subby
lolzcat

It would have been worth them doing it if you could have caught them in the act.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #6
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I've heard of some of those infomercial-esque gels working decently for cheap, but I've never personally tried them. I would say that sometimes it's not worth the money to fix it, but drivers side sucks because you'll see it everytime you get in the car and it'll annoy you even more.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:42 AM   #7
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I'm concerned about rust, especially here in Chicago where the streets are salted like crazy. So I think I have to get it fixed professionally.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:47 AM   #8
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
It would have been worth them doing it if you could have caught them in the act.

Lance: What a fucker!
Vincent: What's more chickenshit than fucking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't fuck with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:42 AM   #9
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

They might have been a LeBron fan.

*Sorry about your car*
Old 07-14-2010, 07:51 AM   #10
Shepp
High School Varsity

Take it to your dealer. Most of them have a body shop. They can tell you what your options are. A dealer will be pricier than anywhere else but its a good starting point. If they are out of your price range then look around for private body shops. Depending how deep it is they may just be able to buff it out. Other options are filling the scratch and buffing that smooth or totally repainting the area.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #11
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The funny thing is that if they smashed my window and stole my stereo, I'd understand it. They did it to get something. But whoever did this just did it to be a dick.

Interesting you should say that.

I was walking back to my car Saturday night in downtown Indy on a major street when I passed about 8-10 people in their late teens. A couple seconds after I passed them, one of them ran up behind me and sucker punched me. Similar to you, I could have understood if they tried to take my wallet. Instead they just took off running. So basically somebody decided to be a dick and punch a random person walking down the street. I have a decent sized cut on the side of my face but I am okay.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
So basically somebody decided to be a dick and punch a random person walking down the street. I have a decent sized cut on the side of my face but I am okay.

If that happened a few weeks from now, I'd say they were LARPers and they just gained 100XP off the encounter with you.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I had a gash on the side of my car (happened 3 days after I bought it). To fill it and paint it, it was around $250. If the metal isn't gouged, a good body shop should be able to repair it and blend the paint in so it isn't that noticable at all.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #14
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:

Maybe you deserved it. Does your car have a Baby On Board sign?

Seriously though, people that key cars deserve a Godfather-style trash can beating.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #15
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I had a gash on the side of my car (happened 3 days after I bought it). To fill it and paint it, it was around $250. If the metal isn't gouged, a good body shop should be able to repair it and blend the paint in so it isn't that noticable at all.
That makes me feel better. I could definitely live with $250 or anything under $500. I'm more concerned that it would be over $1000.

My car didn't have anything on it that would make it stand out. It's quite boring actually and there are much nicer cars on the street. I also noticed some dents on the top of the car too. Can't imagine hail would do that to it. So it looks like someon hit it with something.

I hate people.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #16
JediKooter
Coordinator

Is it a Prius?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #17
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

No, Altima. Called a body shop that works with Nissan and they are going to fix it for around $200. That's about as good as I could have hoped I'm guessing.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #18
JediKooter
Coordinator

That's not too bad. Still 200 dollars though. Oh and you ruined a good joke by not owning a Prius.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #19
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
No, Altima. Called a body shop that works with Nissan and they are going to fix it for around $200. That's about as good as I could have hoped I'm guessing.

Was your purse in the car???????

Old 07-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #20
TroyF
Coordinator

At least they left your tires on.

That really, really sucks. People are asses. NO doubt about it.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #21
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Interesting you should say that.

I was walking back to my car Saturday night in downtown Indy on a major street when I passed about 8-10 people in their late teens. A couple seconds after I passed them, one of them ran up behind me and sucker punched me. Similar to you, I could have understood if they tried to take my wallet. Instead they just took off running. So basically somebody decided to be a dick and punch a random person walking down the street. I have a decent sized cut on the side of my face but I am okay.

Sorry to hear that but those teens must be really stupid. Alot of peoples first instinct if that happened to them would be to pull out their gun. I'd say they are the lucky ones....in that you weren't that kind of person.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #22
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
If that happened a few weeks from now, I'd say they were LARPers and they just gained 100XP off the encounter with you.

I can see it now. Obi-One Kenobi beats some random pedestrian with his light saber.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #23
SportsDino
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Sorry to hear that but those teens must be really stupid. Alot of peoples first instinct if that happened to them would be to pull out their gun. I'd say they are the lucky ones....in that you weren't that kind of person.

I saw this happen once, some group of morons egg on one of their group to kick a man minding his own business. The guy was like 'WTF?', they run off, but they made the mistake of running past me. Nothing more satisfying than sticking a leg out and seeing a teenager fly hands first into the cement.

Of course, that was risky as hell, apparently as long as you can get a small mob together people seem to think they can do any sort of atrocity these days. People randomly being beaten for little reason has been showing up more and more in the news.

I see five or more guys about to rush me (kids or not) I'm grabbing the nearest sharp object and stabbing out some eyes, world has gone crazy. We need to make an FOFC bunker or something, people seem like they are half zombie already.

EDIT: in this particular case, since they were already running from the scene of attacking one measly guy, I figured I could get away with the violence... sure enough though the fool was scraped up a bit on his arms a real ugly stare and the idea that two old dudes were pissed at him in a somewhat public area was enough to keep em running. Most bullies are wimps (unfortunately they bind together in groups of similar idiots).

Last edited by SportsDino : 07-15-2010 at 01:14 PM.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote