Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2003, 07:28 PM   #1
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

For All you CM4 fans

Well done SI - this feature makes this game so much better

I strongly advise everyone to have a go at this:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As part of Enhancement Pack 3, you will have the option to swap a team's division. The most common use for this is in Scotland as people want to enable the Old Firm to compete in the English Premiership. Another option will be to boost a team's stature and finances to allow yourself to have plenty of money to spend if you wish. (call it cheating if you wish!)

To enable these options, all you have to do is create a normal text file with the extension '.edt'. Then add the following command to swap two teams divisions. Here's the command that needs to be added to the '.edt' file to enable the Old Firm to compete in the English Premiership. This 'Config File Feature' will only work when creating a new game and will not affect existing games.

"SWAP_TEAMS" "West Bromwich Albion" "Celtic"
"SWAP_TEAMS" "West Ham United" "Rangers"

These two commands will basically put the Old Firm in the English Premiership and put West Brom and West Ham into the Scottish Premiership.

For the '.edt' to work it needs to be placed inside the 'data' folder off the 'CM4' location where you installed the game.

Another option you have, is too increase a teams stature and finances. This can be done using the same '.edt' file as above.

"BOOST_TEAM" "Watford" 20000000 7000 50000

The first figure represents the amount of money the club will start with. The second figure represents their world reputation and the third will dictate their stadium capacity. The above command example will give Watford £20 million pounds in transfer funds, increase their reputation to about the same level as Chelsea's (Max = 10000, e.g. Manchester United/Real Madrid) and change their stadium capacity to 50,000.

You can call your '.edt' file anything you like as long as it has the extension '.edt'. If you only have the one league running e.g.. English Premiership and you bring a team from an unselected nation into that league then only the famous players for that club will be present especially if running with a small database.

Some sample '.edt' files will be available from the 'www.sigames.com' website in the near future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got it in the mail today...I haven't played yet....what's nice about the above feature is some CM4 fofcer's can all play in one league with their fav teams...online...very cool...

Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 07:49 PM   #2
Calis
College Starter

Wow, that's awesome. That means I'll finially get a chance to prove all the nay sayers that Celtic can win the Premiereship.

Awesome news though, I thought they'd never implement that.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 08:00 PM   #3
Richards
Mascot

That's a pretty cool feature. But if I were the Big Boss at SI, that would be item #278 on my list of prioritized things to implement/fix in CM4.

It moved up from #303 after EP2.

I want my reserve team...still no reserve teams in the Dutch league. Ok that's enough any more and I'll start sounding like some of the SuperWhiners on the SI board.
Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 10:40 PM   #4
klayman
College Benchwarmer

I read a post on sigames that said this feature is actually implemented "unsupported' in EP2. Haven't tried it, but the poster said he did, without any problems.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote