Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #1
JediKooter
Coordinator

WTF is wrong with people?

So this one is personal...

I have a cousin, that, to get to the point as quickly as possible, is a piece of shit. I'm really hoping it's a mental disorder due to a brain tumor he had when he was around 18 or so.

Anyway, to get to the story. Apparently, he is going around telling people that he was in the Special Forces in the Army, wounded in combat and had the rank of E-7, oh, and was medic as well. Was he in the Army? Yes, for less than a year and quite frankly, I'm surprised he even made it out of boot camp. He didn't even finish his tech school when he was released. The circumstances to his release, I do not know.

He's also telling people that he used to be a cop. I think the closest thing to being a cop, was him filling out an application to join the police force and various driving violations he's racked up over the years.

I would like to think it was his brain tumor when he was younger that is making him act this way, but, he was douche before the tumor, so, I'm pretty skeptical about that being the reason. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he were to use that as an excuse for his behavior.

I want to punch him in the face, hard.

Sorry, just had to vent.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
MikeVic
Head Coach

Some people just like to lie to make themselves sound important.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Sounds like a pretty immature person looking for attention....

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'd say that everyone here probably knows someone like that now or in their past. The person that has to make things up or one up you on everything.

My wife's sister is like that, if you've done something positive, whatever she has done recently is better and if you've had a negative issue, her situation is worse.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #5
JediKooter
Coordinator

Well, I'm hoping it isn't so he's trying scam people or get things (whatever it may be) from people by lying about his military service. There seems to be more going on, but, no one in our family has heard from him in about a year or so.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 06-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Well, I'm hoping it isn't so he's trying scam people or get things (whatever it may be) from people by lying about his military service. There seems to be more going on, but, no one in our family has heard from him in about a year or so.

Don't let Hatch find out about him (or maybe you do want to...):

Quote:
Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) introduced a proposal in the Senate this week that would make it a crime -- punishable with up to six months in prison -- to make inaccurate or misleading statements about one's military service record.The Stolen Valor Act from Hatch comes one week after Democratic candidate for Senate in Connecticut Richard Blumenthal was exposed as having misstated his service record during the Vietnam War.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Don't let Hatch find out about him (or maybe you do want to...):

I would like to read more on that. I'm kind of torn...it shouldn't be illegal to lie, but, there should be accountability (fines, flogging, nationally embarrassed, etc...) if you profit off of something like that.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

I wouldn't try punching a ninja if I were you.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #9
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm just wondering.

Has this negatively impacted you somehow?
Old 06-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #10
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
My wife's sister is like that, if you've done something positive, whatever she has done recently is better and if you've had a negative issue, her situation is worse.
Is her name Penelope?

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...dding/1173628/
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #11
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
I would like to read more on that. I'm kind of torn...it shouldn't be illegal to lie, but, there should be accountability (fines, flogging, nationally embarrassed, etc...) if you profit off of something like that.

Lawyers would be paying through the roof then! This wouldn't work out.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

If he's a ninja, he lied to you about being one.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

DAMMIT
Old 06-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #14
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I'm just wondering.

Has this negatively impacted you somehow?

If you consider pissing me off and wanting to punch him? Then yes.

Some of the things that he has done has negatively impacted (financially) two relatives though, which just adds to the whole thing. More so than normal, because one of the people is a grandparent that couldn't afford to help, but did anyway and he took total advantage of them both.

This is just one of those things that makes me angry (lying about military experience) and some people it may not bother them at all. We all have our 'things' that will push our buttons and this is one of them for me. But, comparing it to some of the other stuff people have gone through here on the board, it probably doesn't rank very high.

Just really needed to vent more than anything, as I really don't have an outlet for it outside of here. Not that I don't have friends outside of here, it's just none of my friends are close by anymore since I moved recently.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #15
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:

Wait, if he is a ninja, wouldn't he have lied if he said he wasn't a ninja?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #16
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

Everyone knows that if you want to punch someone in the face hard you have your key grip do it.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #17
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Wait, if he is a ninja, wouldn't he have lied if he said he wasn't a ninja?

I think there was just a ripple in the time/space continuum.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #18
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
So this one is personal...

I have a cousin, that, to get to the point as quickly as possible, is a piece of shit. I'm really hoping it's a mental disorder due to a brain tumor he had when he was around 18 or so.

Anyway, to get to the story. Apparently, he is going around telling people that he was in the Special Forces in the Army, wounded in combat and had the rank of E-7, oh, and was medic as well. Was he in the Army? Yes, for less than a year and quite frankly, I'm surprised he even made it out of boot camp. He didn't even finish his tech school when he was released. The circumstances to his release, I do not know.

He's also telling people that he used to be a cop. I think the closest thing to being a cop, was him filling out an application to join the police force and various driving violations he's racked up over the years.

I would like to think it was his brain tumor when he was younger that is making him act this way, but, he was douche before the tumor, so, I'm pretty skeptical about that being the reason. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he were to use that as an excuse for his behavior.

Sorry, just had to vent.

He's not from Hawaii is he'? prolly not, but I know a guy who is exactly like this, down to the point that he lied about his service record and being a cop, almost to the T of what you are describing weird. We all know the truth, but dont confront him and just let him tell lies and try to make himself believe it. He's fucked, but thats just who he is. It really does get on our nerves sometimes, but meh.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #19
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
He's not from Hawaii is he'? prolly not, but I know a guy who is exactly like this, down to the point that he lied about his service record and being a cop, almost to the T of what you are describing weird. We all know the truth, but dont confront him and just let him tell lies and try to make himself believe it. He's fucked, but thats just who he is. It really does get on our nerves sometimes, but meh.

My cousin is in Florida. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if he claimed to have been to Hawaii. Someone has finally 'outed' him though. They posted his picture and what his claims are on some website that deals with people like him. It's kind of like the website that busts people who claim to be a Navy SEAL, but, weren't.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #20
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
My cousin is in Florida. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if he claimed to have been to Hawaii. Someone has finally 'outed' him though. They posted his picture and what his claims are on some website that deals with people like him. It's kind of like the website that busts people who claim to be a Navy SEAL, but, weren't.

I am actually surprised there is a website that tracks this type of thing..{shrug}

Anyway, some people you just have to take for what they are....batshit crazy. No sense raising your blood pressure.

Was the website able to find out if he was a Ninja?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #21
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I am actually surprised there is a website that tracks this type of thing..{shrug}

Anyway, some people you just have to take for what they are....batshit crazy. No sense raising your blood pressure.

Was the website able to find out if he was a Ninja?

I was surprised too. I've heard about the Navy SEAL one, but, not one that is for people lying about any kind of military service.

True, just need to vent sometimes, ya know?

Haha! No, maybe it's a new lie he is telling and the website hasn't been updated yet.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #22
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Everyone knows that if you want to punch someone in the face hard you have your key grip do it.

This is not getting enough love.

hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:35 AM   #23
Galaxy
Coordinator

Can't be any worst than these people:

Mother, 12 children leave motel for new home

Donna Simpson: World's Fattest Mom? - CBS News

For Forgetful, Cash Helps the Medicine Go Down - NYTimes.com
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:45 AM   #24
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Side Note on Hatch's proposed bill, and a friend of mine. This friend of mine, has quite the storied past. I knew that he was receiving disability compensation from his time in the service in Vietnam. I didn't realize that he left his military career in Military Intelligence to work in actual intelligence. He rose quite high in the ranks. In any case, last year, he starts talking about this guy he saw in a Veterans Day parade. claiming to be of such and such a rank, and being the recipient of a silver star and I believe a Distinguished Service Cross. My friend, knew the commanders of the unit this guy was claiming to be in, and knew he was making false claims.

So he did his research and contacted the parade organizers with his evidence. The parade simply didn't invite the "decorated veteran" back, and that would have ended it. Except the guy wanted the glory, so he called the parade, and asked why he wasn't invited. They told him.

This resulted in the pretender demanding to face his accuser, first by declaring that he was coming to the parade, and that they would have to remove him from the platform. So my friend showed up, and fairly well embarrassed the pretender in front of a small crowd who grew interested in the heated discussion.

This interaction resulted in a lawsuit for defamation of character. A word of advice, don't sue someone fairly established in the intelligence community regarding anyone's military career. Suffice it to say my friend showed up with about three binders of evidence. The details of which were fairly daunting. One example "On the date the plaintiff claims to have received his Silver Star, October ## 1968, the entire company he was attached to was inactive for five days. I've attached an affidavit from General So and SO, who was in command at that time." The guy's rank and the like were pretty much slam dunks, as the Army's records for such things are pretty well in order.

The summary ruling from the judge indicated that while damage to the plaintiff's character was done, all that defendant had done was state the truth.

All in All, there are real veterans around who did put themselves at risk, and those who actually did distinguish themselves on the battlefield. Those folks, a lot of them anyhow, do care if someone falsely claims to have done so.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote