Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2003, 05:52 PM   #1
Swaggs
Coordinator

OT: Free Text-Based Sim (and it is free)

Okay, a caveat first: It is a wrestling universe sim.

I am not a wrestling fan. I do have some knowledge of the WWF(E) from the 80-90s, that I picked up as a child.

Still, I have enjoyed playing the game, and it seems incredibly well-written and bug free.

The premise of the game is this: You are the general manager of any one of roughly 20-25 "promotions" (leagues like the WWE or NWA), from the WWE all the way down to Canadian, Midwest, and Puerto Rican independent promotions.

You hire "workers" (wrestlers/managers/figureheads) and "other staff" (writers/announcers/production/roadies/refs/etc.), manage the workers' characters and storylines, and try to get TV deals, pay-per-views, improve your development facilities, and basically improve the overall quality of your promotion.

You can buy out and merge promotions if you have enough cash, and you can improve your promotion from cult to regional and all the way up to global (of which the WWE is the only promotion right now). There are real characters--almost anyone I can think of from the 80s, in fact.

Also, there is a ratings level which allows you to tone things down to make your promotion suitable for family viewing or make things extreme, with more agressive matches and more explicit storylines available.

Since the price is right and it is a text-based management sim, I thought some of you might want to check it out and share your thoughts.

Game is available, free of charge, here: http://www.adamryland.co.uk/ew.html

Last edited by Swaggs : 04-14-2003 at 05:54 PM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 05:56 PM   #2
TLK
Pro Starter

the depth is there...... it's just hard to keep interest.....

TLK
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 06:04 PM   #3
Swaggs
Coordinator

If you hate wrestling, here is another free game.

A classic from the past that I just came across again: http://takegame.com/arcade/htm/jezzball.htm
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 06:23 PM   #4
samifan24
Pro Starter

It's a fun game but the fun wore off after a while because there are no real goals in the game if you play as the WWE. I enjoyed it for awhile, but got bored after that. Just my .02.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:47 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If the lack of competition for the WWE is making it hard to hold interest, but you still find the game promising, I'd suggest trying some of the alternate universe scenarios at places like RaveX
http://ravexgames.simgameresources.us/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=5