Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
BigDPW
College Prospect

XBox360 Video Issues

Okay I have had the same Xbox (Pro edition) for about 4 years now with no trouble. Surprising I know giving all the RROD issues around with the early X360s. Last week it started having the screen go scrambled and then black about 5 minutes into any gaming session. A couple days later it would simply go black on screen with some small diagonal lines visible. The audio was never affected at all.

Called XBox support a last week and they walked me through some useless troubleshooting stuff. I.E. make sure your cables are connected, turn on the xbox, etc... I borrowed my brother-in-laws AV cable today to check to make sure it was not a bum cable hoping that was it but knowing it likely was not. Of course the same problem exists with his cables too.

Any suggestions on the best way to handle this. I know that xbox has been less willing lately to replace xboxes than they were early on. I don't want to say the wrong thing and risk them not helping me out and making me pay a bunch to get it repaired if there is a way to just get a new one. If I tell them it RRODed will they just replace it no questions? I thought I had heard that. I don't mind paying to have it repaired just would prefer not to have to.

Also any advice on when I get a new/repaired/refurbed machine how the quickest way to get all my stuff on it is... Is it as simple as keeping the HD and putting it on there?

Thanks!

BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I remember I had an issue with my second 360. There was a brief time where the video would go black and/or garble/pixellate with these green squares. This was shortly followed by the RROD. Maybe google your issue and see if anything comes up?

Sorry I'm not more helpful...good luck.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
I remember I had an issue with my second 360. There was a brief time where the video would go black and/or garble/pixellate with these green squares. This was shortly followed by the RROD. Maybe google your issue and see if anything comes up?

Sorry I'm not more helpful...good luck.

Thanks. I have been frustrated with the support website. Seems some how my windows live and xbox live accounts have lost there connection to one another. When I log in it doesn't even know I have an xbox.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Thanks. I have been frustrated with the support website. Seems some how my windows live and xbox live accounts have lost there connection to one another. When I log in it doesn't even know I have an xbox.

I went through that, and the annoying part was to get them hooked up, I actually had to create a separate Windows Live account to register my Xbox with. I still don't get what the restriction was that prevented them from fixing it, it sure sounded stupid enough.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I had one with video issues, it would pixelate and tear. Then a few days later it was RROD.

When you send it in for service, you keep the hard drive. So there's no issue with losing data.