Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
Thomkal
Head Coach

Kurt Warner retires

Yep sad day in Cardinals land, Kurt Warner retires. His news conference starts any moment for any who want to watch.

Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
gstelmack
Pro Starter

And unlike Brett Favre, he'll probably STAY retired.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Good player, better person.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

A pretty spectacular career overall. I'm sure he could still play another year or two, but why? He really took a pounding over the course of his career and he's got nothing left to prove.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
And unlike Brett Favre, he'll probably STAY retired.
+1, Brett really needs to watch and learn from this news conference. No chance Kurt comes back.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
Thomkal
Head Coach

have to admit again that I was wrong two seasons ago when I thought it was stupid the Cards chose Warner to start over Leinart. Can't imagine they would have made the Super Bowl last season and the playoffs this year without him. He had his really bad games during those two years of which I thought there would be a lot more, but man when he was on, he was practically unbeatable. Thanks for a couple magicial seasons Kurt from a long suffering Cardinals fan.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Well put. 100% agreement.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

One of the best sports stories, EVER. Enjoy retirement, Kurt. You've earned it.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #9
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
have to admit again that I was wrong two seasons ago when I thought it was stupid the Cards chose Warner to start over Leinart.

+1

Even after all his success in St. Louis I always thought he was more a product of the system, until he started lighting things up in Arizona. I hope he has a good retirement.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #10
Kodos
Resident Alien

Classy guy. Game needs more folks like him.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #11
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

GJ Kurt!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #12
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Even as a Niner fan I can appreciate how good and classy Warner was, and still is. While I can't see he will be missed (), I will say that I feel lucky to have seen him play. One of the greatest playoff/big game QB's ever IMO.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #13
rowech
Pro Starter

Like the guy but am amazed ad the HOF push he's already getting. I'll never think of him as a HOF quarterback. Put up some amazing numbers at time, got pooped on in the middle, and then put up some more amazing numbers. Just can't see that being HOF worthy.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I don't see him as a HOF QB either due to lack of longetivity. However, I'll second what has already been said. Very good player, better person. I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-29-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

While injuries didn't do him in, I think the Gail Sayers argument is appropriate here. He was dominant for what, six seasons? I think that should be enough to get him in the HOF, but I am not going to say it's a travesty if he wasn't inducted.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #16
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Like the guy but am amazed ad the HOF push he's already getting. I'll never think of him as a HOF quarterback. Put up some amazing numbers at time, got pooped on in the middle, and then put up some more amazing numbers. Just can't see that being HOF worthy.

I think it depends on your personal HOF criteria. Do you value a long, alright career? Or a few awesome seasons? I think Warner is one of the best sports stories ever (as someone mentioned above), going from supermarket worker to potential HOFer is nuts.

Also, I started getting into fantasy football the year Trent Green was injured. Warner was unbelievable.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #17
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Despite what he did the Packers a couple weeks back, I've always respected the guy and his talent. Great player and a great story too. I think he is definitely a hall-of-famer.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #18
TroyF
Coordinator

I remember all the years I kept defending the guy saying he wasn't a product of the system in St. Louis. Whatever happens with the HOF, I'm glad he got a chance to stick it to all of the people who thought he sucked by having these last couple of seasons with the Cardinals.

As for the HOF debate:

5 pro bowls, 2 MVP's, 3 Super Bowls, 1 win in a Super Bowl.

9-4 playoff record: 31 TD-14 INT in those games.

261 yards per game (2nd all time)
7.9 yards per pass attempt
208 TD vs. 128 INT

Career too short? Possibly, but the numbers he put up were/are stunning for that period of time. There are certainly worse players than him in the HOF.

I could go either way on this one. In my mind, HOF or not, he's one of the best QB's I've ever seen.

I'll treasure the fact I've gotten to see Warner, Manning (the best of this bunch), Brady and Favre live.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #19
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

You know, we all thought in 1999 that Mike Martz was a genius that made a good QB (Warner) look like a great QB.

We now know that Warner was a great QB who made Mike Martz look like a genius.

Funny to think that when he first started, his main claim to fame was that his name sounded like Curt Warner. He's come a long way.

And I have no doubt that, unlike Favre and others, he will stay retired. He has some things (his faith, his family) to fill the void that football will leave. It is sad, but a lot of these great athletes don't have that, and we end up seeing so many of them trying to hang on well past the "hang it up" stage.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #20
kenparker23
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I don't see him as a HOF QB either due to lack of longetivity. However, I'll second what has already been said. Very good player, better person. I hope he enjoys his retirement.

I disagree. I think he is a lock for the hall. Here are some accomplishments.

• 2nd Highest Average Passing Yards Per Game, Career (Min. 100 games) - 260.4 yards/game (Peyton Manning is first)[35]
    Highest completion percentage in a single game (regular season) - 92.3% (24/26) (9/20/09) [36]
    Most Yards Passing, Super Bowl (Game) - 414 yards vs. Tennessee Titans (only QB to pass for 400+ yards in the Super Bowl; also owns 2nd and 3rd highest yardage total in Super Bowl with 377 against the Pittsburgh Steelers and 365 against the New England Patriots). [37][38]
    Most Yards Passing, Super Bowl (Career) - 1,156
    Most Yards Passing, Playoffs (Single Season) - 1,147 (in 2009).
    Most touchdown passes in a single postseason - 11 (in 2009, tied w/Joe Montana, who did it in 1990).
    Highest career completion percentage, Playoffs - 66.5%
    2nd Highest career passer rating, Playoffs - 104.6 (Bart Starr is first)
    Highest Rate of Games w/300+ Yards Passing (Min. 100 games played) - 45.2% (47/104)[39]
    Most Yards Passing in the first two games of a season (2000) - 827[40]
    Most Consecutive Games w/300+ Yards Passing - 6 (tied w/ Steve Young and Rich Gannon)[41]
    Most Games with a perfect Passer Rating, Career (regular season only) - 3 (tied w/Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger)[42]
    Only NFL quarterback to throw 40 touchdowns and win a Super Bowl in the same season (1999).
    Only quarterback to throw for over 14,000 yards with two different teams (St. Louis Rams, Arizona Cardinals)
    One of only 2 players in NFL history to throw 100 touchdown passes with two different teams (Fran Tarkenton is the other)
    2nd oldest quarterback to throw for 30 touchdowns in a season - Aged 37 in 2008 (Brett Favre is the oldest, aged 40 in 2009)
    Tied Dan Marino as the fastest player to pass for 30,000 yards. He accomplished this in 114 games.
    Tied Johnny Unitas with 4 consecutive games with a passer rating over 120 (against Brett Favre and the 10-1 Vikings on 12/6/2009)
    Highest average passing yards per game on Monday Night Football - 329.4 (min 7 games)
    Tied Daryle Lamonica with throwing 5 touchdown passes in two different playoff games.
    Warner is the second quarterback to make Super Bowl starts with two different teams joining Craig Morton (1970 Dallas Cowboys and 1977 Denver Broncos). He also became the third quarterback in NFL history to win a conference championship with two different teams, following Craig Morton and Earl Morrall.

He also was NFL MVP twice
Super Bowl MVP
One Super Bowl title and is two plays away from three titles (which would put him in the rare air of Montana, Brady, Aikman)

Also, I think he is one of the best pure passers I have ever seen. Throws an excellent ball.

Took two historically horrible teams to Super Bowls

The guy was in the NFL for 11 years, passed for 32,344 yards, 66.5% completion, 208 TDs (128 int) career rating 93.7. He has higher career passer rating than JOE MONTANA (92.3). And this is over an 11 YEAR career!!

Compare to Troy Aikman 12 year career. 32,942 yds, 61.5% comp, 165 TD (141 int), career rating 81.6, 3 super bowl titles, 1 super bowl MVP

I get it that he played in a pass happy era, I get it that he had a few down years with the Giants (which makes his numbers more impressive), but for a total body of work, very few quarterbacks come close to both stats and winning like Warner.

Good guy, good teammate, winner, hell of a quarterback. This guy is not a borderline hall of famer, he is a FIRST BALLOT hall of fame player without question.

Last edited by kenparker23 : 01-29-2010 at 08:01 PM.
kenparker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #21
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay, I was going to let "shoe-in" slide, but first ballad? You're making it really hard to suppress the grammar nazi in me..
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #22
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

First Ballad? They'll sing songs to him?

Sorry, I had to...
Old 01-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #23
Logan
Head Coach

I fully agree with ken. Looking at the numbers objectively, I don't see how an argument can be made.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #24
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Aikman was a scrub.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #25
SportsDino
College Prospect

Kurt Warner and the Rams were my favorite team when I really started to watch football (as a wee one I watched the woeful Lions and idolized the Barry Sanders, but hardly watched football). Once he was gone the Rams weren't worth watching anymore.

One of my favorite players, I think he picked up an injury to spur his fall with the Rams... I'm glad he made a comeback with the Cards.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #26
Sgran
High School Varsity

If you're Cleveland, don't you camp out at Warner's home, offer him a blank check and beg him on your hands and knees to QB the Browns? I'd say the same about the Lions, but at least they have a promising young QB. Kurt Warner is the miracle worker for sad-sack franchises.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #27
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Generally, I don't really have favorite players or teams in sports. Kurt Warner is about the closest thing for me in football. The Rams cinderella story during the 1999 season drew me into watching and following the NFL and simultaneously picking up the Amsterdam Admirals (RIP) to root for. Warner's NFL career was like a rollercoaster, almost coming back on top last season. And stepping away just in time to avoid completing the NFL circle of life with a career ending injury after one final sack too many. My hat goes off for Kurt Warner, thank you for not quitting the game until now.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #28
RedKingGold
College Starter

I will miss his wife.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #29
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Generally, I don't really have favorite players or teams in sports. Kurt Warner is about the closest thing for me in football. The Rams cinderella story during the 1999 season drew me into watching and following the NFL and simultaneously picking up the Amsterdam Admirals (RIP) to root for. Warner's NFL career was like a rollercoaster, almost coming back on top last season. And stepping away just in time to avoid completing the NFL circle of life with a career ending injury after one final sack too many. My hat goes off for Kurt Warner, thank you for not quitting the game until now.

Steve Young says hi!

RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #30
kenparker23
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Okay, I was going to let "shoe-in" slide, but first ballad? You're making it really hard to suppress the grammar nazi in me..

Man that is funny. And to think I put that in ALL CAPS. I deserve the grammar nazi on that one!!

I guess I was "singing Warners praises"
Old 01-29-2010, 04:12 PM   #31
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgran View Post
If you're Cleveland, don't you camp out at Warner's home, offer him a blank check and beg him on your hands and knees to QB the Browns? I'd say the same about the Lions, but at least they have a promising young QB. Kurt Warner is the miracle worker for sad-sack franchises.

He may be mircale for sad-sack franchises, but the Browns hardly have the sort of WR talent that Warner had in St. Louis or Arizona.

Yes Warner was a great QB, but he also had the benefit of playing in a pair of offenses that featured some pretty impressive WR groups.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #32
Thomkal
Head Coach

Now we have to look to the future for the Cards, and the division could be wide open. Leinart is obviously the man at QB right now, but I don't think Coach Whisenhunt has ever been sold on him.

Interestingly enough Sports Illustrated came out with their first mock draft and who do they have the Cards taking in the first round? QB Tim Tebow. While I think it would be a mistake to take him in the first round (they need secondary help badly), Tebow is like Warner reborn personality wise-everybody loves him, strong christian, and a good leader. Sadly I don't think he'll ever be close to Warner in ability.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #33
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Steve Young says hi!

What's with Steve Young? Didn't he retire in 1999?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:20 PM   #34
DanGarion
Coordinator

We'll miss you Burt...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #35
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

One of my favorite players. Sad to see him go, but happy for the memories.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #36
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

One of my favorites too.. if only he would have stayed instead of Bulger.

Enjoy your retirement Kurt!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenparker23 View Post
I disagree. I think he is a lock for the hall. Here are some accomplishments.
  • Second all-time Career Passing Yards per Game (260.4)
  • Highest all-time percentage of 300-yard games (45.2 percent)
  • Tied (P. Manning) for most games with perfect passer rating (three)
  • 1-of-2 players in NFL history to throw 100 TD with two teams
  • Only player in NFL history to throw 14,000 yards with two teams
  • Tied (Marino) as fastest player to 30,000 pass yards (114 gms)
  • Tied (Unitas) for consecutive games with 120+ passer rating (four)
  • Highest Passing Yards per Game on MNF (329.4)
  • Oldest QB to throw 30 touchdowns in a season
  • Most 300-yard games (113)
  • Only QB to throw 40 TD and win the Superbowl in the same season
  • Highest completing percentage in a single game (92.3 percent)
  • Tied (Montana) most TD in single postseason (11)
  • Most passing yards in a single postseason (1,147)
  • First, Second, and Third for passing yards in a Superbowl (414, 377, 365)
He also was NFL MVP twice
Super Bowl MVP
One Super Bowl title and is two plays away from three titles (which would put him in the rare air of Montana, Brady, Aikman)

Also, I think he is one of the best pure passers I have ever seen. Throws an excellent ball.

Took two historically horrible teams to Super Bowls

The guy was in the NFL for 11 years, passed for 32,344 yards, 66.5% completion, 208 TDs (128 int) career rating 93.7. He has higher career passer rating than JOE MONTANA (92.3). And this is over an 11 YEAR career!!

Compare to Troy Aikman 12 year career. 32,942 yds, 61.5% comp, 165 TD (141 int), career rating 81.6, 3 super bowl titles, 1 super bowl MVP

I get it that he played in a pass happy era, I get it that he had a few down years with the Giants (which makes his numbers more impressive), but for a total body of work, very few quarterbacks come close to both stats and winning like Warner.

Good guy, good teammate, winner, hell of a quarterback. This guy is not a borderline hall of famer, he is a FIRST BALLOT hall of fame player without question.

He has some impressive numbers and that is an impressive list, but except for the 3 years with the Rams, he wasn't in the top 3 in most of the key QB stats in any one year. I know it is in part due to injuries but he had 5 subpar years. He was bad with the Giants in 2004, a year in which he only passed for 2000 yards, 6 TD's and 4 INT's in 10 games. He was subpar in 2005 as well, as he only passed for 11 TD's and 9 INT's for the Cardinals. He had 3 great years, followed by 5 below average years, followed by 3 very good years. That lack of consistency, for any reason, doesn't equal HOF in my opinion.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #38
Logan
Head Coach

I think the list of QBs with 3 great years and 3 very good years is pretty small and HoF caliber.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #39
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I think the list of QBs with 3 great years and 3 very good years is pretty small and HoF caliber.

Agreed. Can't see how he is not a HOF'er.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:37 PM   #40
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

As a Ram fan I love Warner and as an Iowan I get a double bonus.

For the numbers and wins he put up he sure took a lot of shit. I'm glad he got another shot with the Cards and was able to cap off a HOF career. System, recievers, blah, blah, blah. Many others have had those too, Montana anyone?
Fact is he had a hell of a quick release, knew where he needed to go with the ball, and was deadly accurate.

Enjoy your retirement Kurt, it was a pleasure to watch you play.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #41
Pyser
Pro Rookie

no question hall of famer. at least in my book.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #42
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Even if his actual playing career doesn't make him a HoFer (and I am in the group that thinks he actually has done enough), he belongs in the Hall because of his story and the type of person he is. He's the exact sort of player a Hall of Fame should be aspiring to include, frankly.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #43
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Crap! Loved watching him play and I thought he would play atleast 1 more year. Thanks for the memories Kurt!
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #44
Denial Of Freedom
n00b

A few things I noticed.

Quote:
Oldest QB to throw 30 touchdowns in a season
Brett Favre threw 33 this year, so this stat is not accurate, which begs the question how many more are inaccurate.

Quote:
Technically he had a higher QB rating than Montana, but he started 63 fewer games and did not start playing until he was 27 and more intelligent with age, whereas Montana started playing at 23. So I'm not sure its fair to compare against Montana's rating when he only started about 60% of the games Montana did.

Quote:
Final note is I do agree that he is probably a HOF QB, but not sure about first ballot. He put up a few great seasons, but there were several stinkers in a short career, plus if Favre retires for good maybe they decide to let Favre be the only QB to be selected in the year, like they may do with Rice this year.

Last edited by Denial Of Freedom : 01-29-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Denial Of Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #45
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Absolutely agree with that!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #46
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Gale Sayers made the HOF by being spectacular for 5 years and injured for 2.

If Warner put up good stats during those years, I'd say no HOF. But Warner put up great stats for five years, and the sixth was a solid season (middle Ram year).

His playoff record is impressive, and you can't deny his good guy image will win him a few extra Hall of Fame votes.

Maybe not in his first go, but Warner will make it in eventually.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #47
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Don't forget that 2nd Ram year he was injured part of the season, and he still put up numbers.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:53 PM   #48
kenparker23
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial Of Freedom View Post
A few things I noticed.

Brett Favre threw 33 this year, so this stat is not accurate, which begs the question how many more are inaccurate.

Technically he had a higher QB rating than Montana, but he started 63 fewer games and did not start playing until he was 27 and more intelligent with age, whereas Montana started playing at 23. So I'm not sure its fair to compare against Montana's rating when he only started about 60% of the games Montana did.

Final note is I do agree that he is probably a HOF QB, but not sure about first ballot. He put up a few great seasons, but there were several stinkers in a short career, plus if Favre retires for good maybe they decide to let Favre be the only QB to be selected in the year, like they may do with Rice this year.

Thank you for the correction. My list has been updated.

I was not trying to compare him to Montana (who I think is the GOAT). In terms of absolute comparison to Montana, there is none. I wanted to demonstrate how impressive Warners numbers are in relation to the benchmark that many consider the best QB ever.

While on the 49ers, what about Warner and Steve Young (another first ballot guy)

Warner 32,344 yards, 66.5% comp, 208 TDs (128 int) career rating 93.7
Young 33,124 yards, 64.3% comp, 232 TDs (107 int) career rating 96.8

Youngs best years (1992-1998) 67% comp, rating 102

One could argue that Young did not get a chance in his early years and that is why I included 1992-1998. But it illustrates that Warners body of work is comparable to Youngs body of work. Had Young started in the late 80s, these numbers may have been different, but we will never know. Had Warner not injured his thumb with the Giants, he may have posted better numbers. My point is, football is full of "what ifs" with any player. The numbers are what they are.

Both players have one super bowl MVP

In the postseason: (I think this is a very good comparison)

Steve Young (14 games): 275 of 447 (61.5 percent) for 3,118 yards (7.0 YPA), 20 touchdowns, and 12 interceptions. QB rate 86.1

Kurt Warner (13 games): 307-462 (66.5 percent) for 3,952 yards (8.5 YPA), 31 touchdowns, and 14 interceptions. QB rate 102.8

Favre will certainly be on the first ballot; and if he retired this year, Warner should be with him. However, if I had to choose a QB to lead my team in a Super Bowl, I think I would chose Warner over Favre.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #49
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, lots of guys on FOFC know Warner personally. Good to know he is such a good guy though.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #50
MrBug708
Head Coach

Not sure how he isn't a HOF guy. This is the football HOF, not the baseball HOF. The voters actually try and find reasons TO vote you into the HOF
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote