Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
Edward64
Head Coach

Caprica

Well, just finished watching it on SyFy tonight.

It started off pretty slow but thought it picked up steam. I was trying to figure out which character was/linked to which BSG character (if any).

Don't know if its a keeper but I'll watch next week to see if it gets more interesting.

Here is the SyFy Forum link if anyone is interested.

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showforum=174

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-22-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

The only one I know:
The mob lawyer's (Joseph Adama) son is Commander William Adama.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:03 AM   #3
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtt View Post
The only one I know:
The mob lawyer's (Joseph Adama) son is Commander William Adama.

i dont remember the Greystones being in BG at anypoint...this is the only one i know as well

i dont know whether or not i liked the show...there is a massive timeline problem that i have been pondering that may keep me from getting into it.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i dont remember the Greystones being in BG at anypoint...

Zoe Graystone = 1st Cylon

Louis D. Brandeis
Old 01-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
i dont remember the Greystones being in BG at anypoint...this is the only one i know as well

i dont know whether or not i liked the show...there is a massive timeline problem that i have been pondering that may keep me from getting into it.

Whats the timeline problem you're feeling? Based on the Caprica movie I didn't see any major issue timeline wise but maybe I missed something. I'm intrigued to see what you're pondering.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Whats the timeline problem you're feeling? Based on the Caprica movie I didn't see any major issue timeline wise but maybe I missed something. I'm intrigued to see what you're pondering.

at the very beginning of the episode, they said it was 58 years before the fall, but in the last season of BG, when they found the first Earth, where the Cylons had already been, and had memories of, where they lived side by side with humans, it had been a nuclear wasteland for hundreds of year....thus, how did they destroy the first earth that far back in time, but only got invented 58 years before the attack on the colonies.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Zoe Graystone = 1st Cylon

yeah...i got that much., thanks
Old 01-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #8
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
at the very beginning of the episode, they said it was 58 years before the fall, but in the last season of BG, when they found the first Earth, where the Cylons had already been, and had memories of, where they lived side by side with humans, it had been a nuclear wasteland for hundreds of year....thus, how did they destroy the first earth that far back in time, but only got invented 58 years before the attack on the colonies.

Geez my heads hurts from reading that.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #9
cschex
High School Varsity

Quote:

That's already been established. The first Cylons were the 13th tribe and had already evolved into the humanlike beings that the Final Five were. The Cylons in Caprica are the ones that will rebel in the first Cylon war and that the human models will meet up with when they reach the colonies and take control of. Not a timeline issu, but part of the "this has all happened before" theme.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #10
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
yeah...i got that much., thanks

np

I am not sure how much more of a connection you would expect.

Louis D. Brandeis
Old 01-24-2010, 08:09 AM   #11
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
np

I am not sure how much more of a connection you would expect.

i wasnt expecting anything...i was answering the OP question.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #12
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

The humanoid cylons didn't get invented on Caprica, they were already around. Remember Tigh's wife's dialogue about how they fled their burnt out reath after they destroyed themselves and found Caprica and the colonies and watched as they developed along the same self destructive path.

My take on it is the 13th tribe developed faster than the 12 colonies and just got to that point a few hundred years ahead of them.

Now I did not see the first episode so maybe I'm missing something in all this but thats how I see the timeline flowing. just my opinion/feel of it all of course. They could have just fubar-ed it all.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #13
RendeR
Coordinator

My Grammar needs classes....
Old 01-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #14
Edward64
Head Coach

Missed the first half hour (how did Zoe "escape" from home?) but thought the second half held some promise. I liked the buildup to the mom publicly confessing her fears but the switch back and forth between the cylon and Zoe was giving me a headache. What was the purpose of the Adama arrest anyway ...
Old 01-29-2010, 10:21 PM   #15
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah, i thought it showed some promise tonight
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #16
Edward64
Head Coach

A little slow tonight. A little surprised at the "frakking".

I've always known but have resigned to the fact that Caprica won't have those great space battle scenes. Its still holding my interest for now ...
Old 02-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #17
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Yikes, talk about a ratings dud.

“Caprica” Drops; Out-Rated By “Swamp Loggers“ - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com
In its third week, Caprica dropped again, to 1.128 million viewers and a .4 adults 18-49 rating. It was out-rated by Discovery’s Swamp Loggers (which airs at 10p — Caprica airs at 9p) which averaged 1.49 million and a .7 rating with adults 18-49.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #18
Edward64
Head Coach

Ouch. Caprica was painful tonight. Was it just me? Anyone else watching it?
Old 02-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #19
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i watch it sometimes...without high hopes, but more like a "background noise" type of thing
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:14 PM   #20
NewIdentity
High School JV

LOL, just when you think it can't get any worse. Both storylines tonight were horrible.

But, on a different note Caprica has me wanting to see the return of Stargate Universe, which is something I never thought I would be looking forward to. Any ideas when V will be back?
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:33 PM   #21
JediKooter
Coordinator

I can't watch it. It's too "Earth" like. I'm sure it's good for the budget by having contemporary technology and places, but, it totally takes me out of it.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote