Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ping RPG players: Help Haiti, and get a ton of stuff..

DriveThruRPG and its member companies are doing a promotion to assist earthquake relief in Haiti.

A $20 donation to Doctors Without Borders to assist in Haiti gets you approximately $1500 worth of Role Playing Game PDF's from many different publishers. So far, they've raised approximately $13,200 from this promotion, and I felt obligated to spread the word.

DriveThruRPG.com is the list of products.

For those of you who do pen and paper RPG's, this is a good deal, and it's also about doing something to make you feel good..

SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Schmidty
Coordinator

I wish I knew some nerds that lived nearby. I really miss roleplaying.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
MrDNA
High School Varsity

That's pretty darn cool. Any Deadlands stuff included in there? I couldn't figure out how to search just that subset of products and it was getting tiresome paging through it (seriously, the list is HUGE).
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

didn't see any, there's some Savage Worlds stuff, but by third party providers
Old 01-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #5
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I've thought a lot about getting involved in RPG, I'll have to look at this. Thanks!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:30 PM   #6
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I went ahead and bought it - I figure if nothing else it's for a good cause and with all this stuff there's some things I could use.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Two things I'd like to note:

1) If you like to make your own terrain for using miniatures in your games, the WorldWorks stuff on the last couple pages is worth the price of admission alone.
2) I'm a pretty big RPG nerd, or at least I was once upon a time, and yet 98% of that stuff I have never seen or heard of before. I had no idea so much non-standard stuff existed out there.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Two things I'd like to note:

1) If you like to make your own terrain for using miniatures in your games, the WorldWorks stuff on the last couple pages is worth the price of admission alone.
2) I'm a pretty big RPG nerd, or at least I was once upon a time, and yet 98% of that stuff I have never seen or heard of before. I had no idea so much non-standard stuff existed out there.

It's amazing how much stuff is out there these days, often for $1 or $2, in .pdf form.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #9
Axxon
Pro Starter

Dumb question but do you have to order all the games you want at the same time or can you use the coupon multiple times so you don't have to download everything at once? I've ordered the package but I'm not clear on that part.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

You don't have to download everything at once. DriveThruRPG keeps track of your previous orders so you can redownload your PDF's at a later date.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #11
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
You don't have to download everything at once. DriveThruRPG keeps track of your previous orders so you can redownload your PDF's at a later date.

Thanks. That is what confused me. My order is just a coupon code so I wasn't sure if an "order" used up the coupon so you'd have to "order" them all at once or you'd lose out. It sounds like it doesn't work that way.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:37 PM   #12
Axxon
Pro Starter

dola, I'm really glad you posted this. I don't really play these games but love reading the books. Since I was planning to donate to Haiti but had procrastinated this was perfect and I ended up donating more than I was planning to. Also, I found out this place has Paranoia stuff and that's some of the most fun reading out there. It's a bit pricy but they'll get business off me that way so they win too.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:10 AM   #13
Axxon
Pro Starter

Because I was bored I went ahead and added every game to my order. It totaled $1056.62. The coupon was for $1056.61 which was weird but they were charging 0.35 for a Low Order Fee ( order under .99 ) so it does pay to do one big order all at once.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #14
Axxon
Pro Starter

Because I really want to help Haiti and I don't need two sets of books I'm extending this offer. PM me before I shuffle off this mortal coil for the night. I'll gift the first PM'er the set of games that come with the donation.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:43 AM   #15
Peregrine
Pro Starter

They have made the whole thing easier now - now if you buy it they will automatically put all the books in your check out box and will send you an email when you can download them all at once.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote