Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

What the hell is up with this cold weather????

Snow won't melt because it won't get above freezing. Night time lows this week are ridiculous with a forcasted low of -15F this weekend. Schools will likely have entire week off due to cold temperatures. Another snowstorm tomorrow.

This global warming thing needs to hurry up and bring Florida-like climate to Missouri because I'm freezing my ass off and the cold is putting my wife in a very foul mood.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

It's called Winter. And you clearly have not seen The Day After Tomorrow or you would know global warming will freeze us all.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
It's called Winter. And you clearly have not seen The Day After Tomorrow or you would know global warming will freeze us all.

I don't care at this point if I'm frozen to death or get warm weather. Just get me out of this misery that we currently have.

I don't know how the Canucks put up with this kind of weather on a regular basis. Or Buffalo residents for that matter.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 01-05-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:31 AM   #4
cougarfreak
College Starter

No kidding, not getting above 25 here all week, got the day off school today for snow, probably will get Friday off because of snow.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #5
lungs
Pro Rookie

Al Gore.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #6
Blackadar
Retired

And before this goes any further, let me remind everyone that weather =/= climate.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #7
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
And before this goes any further, let me remind everyone that weather =/= climate.

Thanks Al.

In related news, I just saw a pack of polar bears pass by here moving south. They said they were headed to Lubbock, TX before they froze their ass off.

Given that Missouri is one of the more 'body padding friendly' states in the Union, it probably wouldn't be a bad thing to see some people freeze their ass off around here.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #8
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

We will get below freezing here on Thursday/Thursday night I guess. It is 39 right now which is the lowest it has been here this year so far. We usually get down under freezing once a year though, or close to it. I need to put up a shelf and secure a heater to it for the dogs so they can huddle up in the room off our back porch the next couple of days.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:47 AM   #9
21C
College Prospect

Tell me about it. I am nursing a sore butt (and sore pride) after slipping on an icy pavement. I'm not used to this weather.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #10
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
We will get below freezing here on Thursday/Thursday night I guess. It is 39 right now which is the lowest it has been here this year so far. We usually get down under freezing once a year though, or close to it. I need to put up a shelf and secure a heater to it for the dogs so they can huddle up in the room off our back porch the next couple of days.

Bah, my dogs stay outside even when it is -30 with no problem.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #11
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I was going to see how long it would take before someone got in a global warming jab or two and, lo and behold, post 1 and the subsequent posts.

One would think MBBF would know about, well, winter in the midwest but I guess he forgot.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:04 AM   #12
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post

Mrs Lungs: Is there a reason the dogs have been standing in the same position outside for 5 straight days?

Lungs: Must see a girl dog they like.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #13
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I was going to see how long it would take before someone got in a global warming jab or two and, lo and behold, post 1 and the subsequent posts.

One would think MBBF would know about, well, winter in the midwest but I guess he forgot.

SI

We have winter all the time. This is bone ass cold. We're setting record lows like it's 1899. It's ridiculous.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:12 AM   #14
lungs
Pro Rookie

Oh, and put some damn clothes on and it won't be so cold. I work outside in this shit. I don't like it, but I stay warm.

Takes me back to my childhood when my family was driving to Texas and we were in Louisiana. It was about 40 degrees out and my whole family didn't have any jackets on or anything. As we were walking into a restaurant a local man commented on how absolutely miserable cold it was to us. We all kind of looked at each other and told him it was pretty nice out, we didn't even need jackets.

Then he asked, "Where are you guys from, Alaska?"

My dad responded, "No, Wisconsin"

The man just shook his head and said "Same thing."
Old 01-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #15
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Oh, and put some damn clothes on and it won't be so cold. I work outside in this shit. I don't like it, but I stay warm.

Does milk freeze in the lines at -30F?

My grandfather found a cow frozen to death on his property one time while I was at his farm. Awfully heavy when it's frozen. Dragged it off with a couple of chains behind his tractor to its final resting place.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I have to go out and deliver every night, no matter what. I don't mind if the roads are shitty a few days a week. But this nightly clusterfuck is getting to be too much. And the roads themselves are starting to get really bad. The snow plows make the cracks into holes after a few weeks.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:30 AM   #17
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Does milk freeze in the lines at -30F?

My grandfather found a cow frozen to death on his property one time while I was at his farm. Awfully heavy when it's frozen. Dragged it off with a couple of chains behind his tractor to its final resting place.

The milk actually goes through a chiller whether it's 100 degrees or -30 degrees in order to get the milk down to about 37-39 degrees. I was making some cheese the other day and measured the temperature of fresh milk out of the cow and it's in that 70-80 degree range. So we still have to cool the milk down in the harshest possible cold temperatures you can imagine.

Frozen cow shit and keeping the water supply flowing are the biggest challenges. That and having employees who have never seen a real winter before.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #18
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It's been like 17 degrees for the last few mornings in Atlanta, which is really ridiculous, relatively speaking. I moved down here to get away from that sort of weather.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #19
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, the words "frozen cow shit" sound pretty unpleasant

SI

Old 01-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #20
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Ok, the words "frozen cow shit" sound pretty unpleasant

They sound a lot better to me than "squishy warm cow shit".
Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #21
King of New York
High School Varsity

Y'all need to move closer to the ocean, which has such a nice, moderating effect on the weather--keeps the lows from getting too low, the highs from getting too high.

Of course, if the glaciers melt and I'm swept out to sea, you will have the last laugh.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

I've been stuck in the snow belt for my whole life, with no prospect of that changing for the foreseeable future. I laugh at you Southerners complaining about the cold. Cowboy up!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #23
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Microsoft has a campus in Fargo, North Dakota, which was decidedly unimpressed by the Redmond campus's reaction to snow last winter.

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/ar...2/9244583.aspx
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #24
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

One thing I've learned is to hope for cloudy days. The clouds hold the heat in and can increase the temperature by 10-15 degrees. When the skies are clear, it may be sunny, but it's likely very cold outside. Today would be one of those days.

I'm not looking forward to my heating bill this month.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #25
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One thing I've learned is to hope for cloudy days. The clouds hold the heat in and can increase the temperature by 10-15 degrees. When the skies are clear, it may be sunny, but it's likely very cold outside. Today would be one of those days.

I'm not looking forward to my heating bill this month.

Weird, I am the opposite. I work from home, and on the sunny days, the sun comes out enough to warm up my home office where I don't have to run a second space heater during the day (at least until the late afternoon.)

On cloudy days, it pretty much stays cold in there all day (poor insulation in that room keeps it about 8 degrees colder than the rest of the house), and I have to run additional heat.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #26
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
They sound a lot better to me than "squishy warm cow shit".

Here's something that may gross a few of you all out. When it's extremely cold and I'm artificially inseminating cows, I need to leave one arm exposed enough that I can fit my arm up her ass. A lot of the time, I simply go with no jacket when it's cold. But when it's extremely cold out (below zero) I wear an old Tennessee Volunteers starter jacket with one sleeve cut off and it's pretty much a race to get that exposed arm into the warm ass hole of a cow before the whole arm goes numb.

You all go ahead and enjoy sitting in your clean, warm offices.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #27
Kodos
Resident Alien

One perk of my job: no mandatory inserting of my arm into cow asses.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are due to get our 2nd coating of snow (this winter) in Baton Rouge this week. I think it is usually many years between snow events here, yet we actually got enough last year to make a small snow man.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #29
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Well, it's not mandatory at my job either, but...
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #30
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Here's something that may gross a few of you all out. When it's extremely cold and I'm artificially inseminating cows, I need to leave one arm exposed enough that I can fit my arm up her ass. A lot of the time, I simply go with no jacket when it's cold. But when it's extremely cold out (below zero) I wear an old Tennessee Volunteers starter jacket with one sleeve cut off and it's pretty much a race to get that exposed arm into the warm ass hole of a cow before the whole arm goes numb.

Further proof women like thumbs or in this case a whole fist in their ass.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #31
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
One perk of my job: no mandatory inserting of my arm into cow asses.

Yeah, suddenly dealing with annoying clients is put more into perspective. While it may feel like I want to put my foot up their collective asses, it's only figurative and not literal.

SI

Old 01-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #32
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
Microsoft has a campus in Fargo, North Dakota, which was decidedly unimpressed by the Redmond campus's reaction to snow last winter.

The Old New Thing : The Fargo campus responds to Redmond's December 2008 storm conditions

That was great

"Campus shuttles will not be operating because there is no such thing as a campus shuttle in Fargo."

"Connectivity: You shouldn't have any connectivity issues because you're expected to be at work. We only had 10" of snow and 40mph wind."

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-05-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #33
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Further proof women like thumbs or in this case a whole fist in their ass.

I approve of this message.

Kudos to you sir.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #34
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

You inseminate cows by sticking your arm up their asses?

Weird
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #35
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

My dogs are pussies, sorry.

Actually two are great danes, so short hair and lean bodies and they are used to 90-100 most of the year. The third dog is a rott/retriever mix and is a big fur ball who takes it much better then the other two. Also, the one great dane is old and 50 degrees messes with her hips pretty bad at this point so 30 won't be good for her.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #36
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

Weird

I was thinking the same thing... Wouldn't the other hole work better? I don't see it being any more pleasant, but in the 6th grade they told me something that by my late teens I had ignored: vaginas = babies. Either that, or stay inside by the roaring fire and let the bull fuck ol' Bessy!
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #37
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Based on the winter so far, the remote starter I got installed on our driveway car has already paid off!
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #38
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post

Weird

I guess I should explain that one further

Normally when a bull sticks his pecker into a cow, he just unleashes an explosion of semen into the vagina and there are enough sperm cells that one will eventually find it's way to the egg and fertilize it.

With artificial insemination in cows, we are working with a tiny fraction of the semen a bull puts out every time he does the deed.

Basically, we have to get the semen a lot closer to the egg than a bull normally would, so we use a device and have to pass it through the cervix and deposit it directly into the uterus. Only way to do this is to stick your arm up the cow's ass and grab a hold of the cervix which is directly below the poop chute.

Plenty of people keep bulls around, but plenty of people get killed or severely injured by them too. I'll take sticking my arm up a cow's ass over keeping a bull around. I do use a plastic shoulder glove so it's not like I'm sticking my bare arm up there
Old 01-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #39
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I believe you are unfairly stereotyping bulls.

I saw a bull at the Michigan State Fair one year who came up to the fence &wouldn't stop licking my hand, his tail wagging the whole time. Sure, the rough tongue nearly stripped my hand of its skin, but he acted like a giant labrador! The owner couldn't stop laughing... said that he was the weirdest bull he ever saw. Acted just like a dog back at the ranch too! Said you'd leave the house & he'd come running, wanting you to pet him.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #40
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

"He he he you said pecker"
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #41
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I believe you are unfairly stereotyping bulls.

I saw a bull at the Michigan State Fair one year who came up to the fence &wouldn't stop licking my hand, his tail wagging the whole time. Sure, the rough tongue nearly stripped my hand of its skin, but he acted like a giant labrador! The owner couldn't stop laughing... said that he was the weirdest bull he ever saw. Acted just like a dog back at the ranch too! Said you'd leave the house & he'd come running, wanting you to pet him.

Yeah, the problem is they can be unpredictable. Kind of like men when it comes to getting some pussy.

Anger comes with age too. Old bulls are quite pissy.

It can vary by breed too. Think pit bull/lab. I'm guessing you saw a beef bull. Dairy bulls are much more temperamental.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #42
Blackadar
Retired

What we've learned from lungs:

The rumors about farm boys and farm animals are true!

Old 01-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #43
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
What we've learned from lungs:

The rumors about farm boys and farm animals are true!

Wellllllllllllllllllllll..... In a roundabout way
Old 01-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #44
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
Tell me about it. I am nursing a sore butt (and sore pride) after slipping on an icy pavement. I'm not used to this weather.

In Newcastle, NSW? In the middle of summer?
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #45
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just for the record, more people need to watch "Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe". If you did, you would have know exactly what lungs was talking about without having to even ask. I'm a regular viewer. I sadly admit I knew exactly why he was sticking his hand up a cow's ass.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #46
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, the problem is they can be unpredictable. Kind of like men when it comes to getting some pussy.

Anger comes with age too. Old bulls are quite pissy.

It can vary by breed too. Think pit bull/lab. I'm guessing you saw a beef bull. Dairy bulls are much more temperamental.

It's all a bunch of bull to me!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #47
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just for the record, more people need to watch "Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe". If you did, you would have know exactly what lungs was talking about without having to even ask. I'm a regular viewer. I sadly admit I knew exactly why he was sticking his hand up a cow's ass.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #48
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

By the way, it's cold in New York. Can't remember the last day I didn't have long johns on.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #49
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

The only weather that I'm completely miserable in is when it is around 36 and raining.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #50
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Wellllllllllllllllllllll..... In a roundabout way

Here's a tip for you:

"Take" your favorite sheep at the edge of a cliff so it pushes back harder.

(fyi, that's not original. I heard that from a comic on a HBO special)

Last edited by Blackadar : 01-05-2010 at 02:28 PM.