Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-09-2003, 10:59 PM   #1
superbama
H.S. Freshman Team

OOTP:field management

How is the on field management in this game? any glaring scoring bugs? or illogical plays?

superbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:33 PM   #2
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I would suggest checking out the .400 software boards. The guys over there are much more "into" finding bugs like that.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 07:08 AM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Not to mention, I don't *think* (based on the vast majority of the discussions at this board) that many of us manage our own games. I know I don't. The only time I've even seen the interface is when I've got the sim options set to break into a game when someone's pitching a no-hitter, or about to hit their 500th HR, etc. There are simply too many games to be able to manage them all AND have a 20-40 year career, at least for me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 07:42 AM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by Ksyrup
Not to mention, I don't *think* (based on the vast majority of the discussions at this board) that many of us manage our own games. I know I don't. The only time I've even seen the interface is when I've got the sim options set to break into a game when someone's pitching a no-hitter, or about to hit their 500th HR, etc. There are simply too many games to be able to manage them all AND have a 20-40 year career, at least for me.
Same here. I'll sometimes manage a playoff game or two, but that's about it.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:15 AM   #5
sooner333
College Starter

I actually do manage the games per year in one career, and sim with another. I consider it really fun to keep track of your team on a day by day basis and feeling as if I made a key decision (although usually I'm pretty lazy about getting out of normal defense). I'm not sure if its because I have good teams or if its because of the human thought process, but usually I win a lot of games...then again, my Marlins in the simmed year is in first place so far in this season of play. I don't think there are any glaring errors. I've probably managed a month and a half worth of games, and only remember one real error, which I can't even remember what it is.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 08:43 AM   #6
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I used to really enjoy managing games with Strat-O-Matic. But that was just a replay game, so completing a season was possible. Here, my goal is to manage for a long time, and OOTP6 would be out before I could "complete" a career doing it that way.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote