Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Futsal

What a wacky game that is.

In the winter months, I've always taken my girls soccer team to indoor soccer, this year our club has moved on to Futsal in addition to indoor soccer.

It's great for foot skills, but I'm not so sure I like all the out of bounds!

Is Spring here yet?

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:27 AM   #2
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I've never actually played it, I just know the ball is heavier. It's pretty huge in Brazil, etc and has been one of the arguments for South Americans having on-average way better foot skills.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:17 AM   #3
whomario
Pro Starter

yeah, heavier and also smaller. Really quite an adjustment, feels like you are playing with a damn handball at first ...
Watch it whenever i can, one of our cable sports channels is showing the big tournaments.
Much more sophisticated than people give it credit and those guys have an incredible high level in terms of technique.
In Europe itīs mostly guys that realize early they couldnīt cut it outside (in terms of ever making money with soccer) due to athletical constraints, but still far away from f.e. beach soccer with all those 35+ year olds has-beens, and itīs getting pretty big in some countries like Russia and Spain.
I used to train with an amateur futsal team in the winter breakof outdoor soccer to keep my rythm (and improve on technical skills and agility) and absolutely had my work cut out and was basically overmatched 9 out of 10 times. Very demanding game in terms of quick thinking and accuracy when my specialty outside is playing the opening pass into space.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It's very quick and my daughter likes it, took her about one half to finally start playing like she should with quick touches on the ball.

I guess I like the physical play of indoor a little better.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I recently refereed an outdoor match with Shane Butler, one of two FIFA futsal refs in the US.