Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-09-2003, 02:10 PM   #1
mrskippy
Banned

CamEdwards Web site

Thanks for the link there. That's a brilliant, brilliant Web site. Why didn't I think of doing that?

Anyway there are some disturbing anti-war quotes there, but this one is sickening:

Quote:
everybody in the world gets to see the dead and mangled of the war, EXCEPT US. WHY? are we too sensitive to view the unpleasentness while we are enjoying a huge meal? why do i have to surf the net to find armless boys and boys with brains blown out? why do i have to go to al-jazeerah to see the real horror of bombing? why are the dead being hidden? like in the 6th sense....'i want to see dead people'. where are they?
all i see is iraqis handing machine gun toting americans flowers.
all is see is the lynch girl's parents smiling. i want to see the dead u.s. soldiers, i want to see the spilt blood, and the people turned into meat. WHY IS IT BEING HIDDEN FROM ME? my tax dollars pay for this carnage, SHOW IT TO US!!! why is the truth of war being censored? this is ONE SIDED PROPAGANDA.

CNN showed some bloodied bodies this morning. But those are the consequences of war.

Personally I'd rather hear about it, but I don't want to see it. Iraqi TV has shown plenty, but these are the same sick people who showed POWs.

It's not being hidden from you.

In the United States, news networks are obligated to satisfy the public trust. If they just went on showing this all day, they'd be nailed by the FCC so fast it wouldn't be funny.

BTW ... Did this person want to these the bloodied, mangled dead bodies of the 9-11 victims?

Cam ... next person that asks this about Iraq, ask them about 9-11.

mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 04:46 PM   #2
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Mrskippy, thanks for the compliment. I think the website's getting better, especially now that I have a schedule to update the headlines. We'll never be the drudgereport, but I'd like to see 500 hits a day in the near future.

One thing I'd like to see more of is comments to the stories, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. I guess over time a community will develop there that likes to talk about what I'm posting.
Old 04-09-2003, 04:46 PM   #3
Pyser
Pro Rookie

link?
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 04:55 PM   #4
Craptacular
College Starter

www.camedwards.com

edit to provide direct link for those of you too lazy to copy and paste

Last edited by Craptacular : 04-09-2003 at 04:57 PM.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 04:59 PM   #5
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

awwww, thanks crap. I take back what I said about cheese loving protest monkeys.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:00 PM   #6
Craptacular
College Starter

No, we do have a bunch of cheese loving protest monkeys. I don't like cheese, and I don't like most protesting, so I'm not offended. Fire away!

edit: I have nothing against monkeys.

Last edited by Craptacular : 04-09-2003 at 05:01 PM.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 08:16 PM   #7
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I could be mistaken, but I think you're missing the not-so-subtle sarcasm of the quoted material above. Perhaps what the person is trying to say is that maybe we would not so gung-ho to be so "happy" with the war if everybody knew and understand the consquences of what war means.

I'm 31 and I'm not old enough to remember the body counts on TV from Vietnam. I'm assuming that even those who are old enough may not have seen much of it because their parents wouldn't let them watch it. So almost no one under the age of 40 has ever seen what it's like to watch Marines carrying body bags. Few young ones have also probably never seen the images of a U.S. solider blowing out the brains of a refuge at point blank range.

Or maybe the person has no subtlety and no sarcasm and really just wants to see dead people. This is America -- we have just as many sick bastards here as any place else in the world. Maybe more -- we are the best at everything!
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote