Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-09-2003, 11:35 AM   #1
mrushh
High School Varsity

OT: Hattrick ? #2- 17yr old pass mid price

What is a good price on 17 year-old passable inner-mids? I keep getting outbid on all of 'em because it seems to get really expensive. I am still training General, for form, but I will be back to playmaking soon and want 3 of these 17 y-old guys to start on.

As always, thanks, fellow HTers.

mrushh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:43 AM   #2
Havok
College Starter

There not gonna be cheap. If i were you i'd grab some Inadequats. Maybe 1 passable. I have an Inadequate Inner mid starting with Solid form and stamina. He's gotten me 2 1/2 stars 3 times and 2 stars once.

Getting three 17 year old inner mids will cost you a ton. Dont spend all your money on 3 players.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:43 AM   #3
bbor
Pro Starter

Passable innner mids are very expensive...better to just make your own.As a matter of fact....17 YO mids are prolly the most expensive player to buy in the game.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:44 AM   #4
DataKing
Pro Rookie

The price will gradually go down as the season progresses.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:45 AM   #5
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Can't tell you how much is good this time of year, but I can say training general sucks unless you are preparing for a huge game.
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:55 AM   #6
condors
College Starter

one sold for 180k not that long ago, i personally wouldn't pay that much myself though
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 12:15 PM   #7
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlahotep
Can't tell you how much is good this time of year, but I can say training general sucks unless you are preparing for a huge game.

Training general is very important IMHO.Since i've trained form my team has started to play much much better.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 12:38 PM   #8
dacman
College Benchwarmer

I'd say ~$100K is a decent price for a passable 17yo middie, so if you want 17, you'll probably have to go inad. and if you want passable, you might try 18 or 19 yo.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:03 PM   #9
Nyarlahotep
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by bbor
Training general is very important IMHO.Since i've trained form my team has started to play much much better.

Form will generally improve anyway as long as you play your players. The only time it is really useful is when you have a really big game coming up or you just finished an extended program of stamina training.
Nyarlahotep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 03:32 PM   #10
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlahotep
Form will generally improve anyway as long as you play your players. The only time it is really useful is when you have a really big game coming up or you just finished an extended program of stamina training.

Although I'd agree with you about the necessity of other training types generally speaking, if your team is stuck in a rut where a lot of your players are on the downswing or, as you said, are coming out of extended stamina training, then it can be a big difference maker. I'm debating whether or not I will have to bite the bullet and do it myself since a large percentage of my players are currently at poor or weak at the moment. I'm going to give them another week or two to even out first, though.

Entirely unrelated, back when I was mudding my guild wizard's name was Nyarlahotep. I had no problem typing it out (fully). When he changed his name to Arkham, I had the toughest time. It was weird. Okies, back to our regularly scheduled programming now . . .

Last edited by daedalus : 04-09-2003 at 03:33 PM.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 03:44 PM   #11
Havok
College Starter

A good idea for new team is to train form and stamina first. Train Form for a week or 2 and stamina for 2 weeks. Then move on to whatever postion you wanna train.

An average team with great form beats a slightly above average team with crappy form everytime.

And if your mid's have crappy stam your gonna get blown away in the second half by most teams.

Last edited by Havok : 04-09-2003 at 03:45 PM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 09:23 PM   #12
mrushh
High School Varsity

FYI, I train Playmaking, usually, which is why I wanted the midfield youngsters.

I'm training general cuz I was out of the country and missed some offseason stamina, so I did train stamina last 2 weeks and now my form is too low.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:44 PM   #13
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Havok
A good idea for new team is to train form and stamina first. Train Form for a week or 2 and stamina for 2 weeks. Then move on to whatever postion you wanna train.

An average team with great form beats a slightly above average team with crappy form everytime.

And if your mid's have crappy stam your gonna get blown away in the second half by most teams.

While it's true that a team in bad form will be at a disadvantage, what I've read in the conferences is that general training doesn't affect a player's basic form, only his current form and that about 2/3 of your players' current form will move on a random basis from week to week.

Well, the way I understand this, and I might be reading too much into it, is that when you train general, you raise the form of your players, but only for the time being. If their basic form (the form rating we don't see) is bad, he will go down from his "form high" and you will basically have lost a week. I say basically lost, when comparing to training anything else, I mean when you raise a player's stamina level, it's for a long time (at least until he hits 30 or so)... That's why I trained stamina two weeks in a row, that and the fact that my league is weak and I was able to put up with the crappy form for a week or two...

I will get back to playmaking training this week, and should go at it for 4 weeks before going one week stamina and then back to playmaking, for what it's worth...

FrogMan.