Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Mantle2600
High School Varsity

Question for Xbox 360 owners

So I have a 360 and got a ring of death. I have a best buy warranty where i just send the whole thing back and get a card for the price i paid to buy something new at the store. I figure its better to do it that way than send it to microsoft as I can get the new limited edition call of duty 2 xbox later this month.

The problem is I have to send back the whole thing including the hard drive but I have about a 100 dollars worth of rock band songs i've paid for. So does anyone know how I could possibly save those without losing them?

Browns. Cavs. Tribe. Buckeyes. Period.

Mantle2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I don't play rock band but I am sure when you get your new xbox you can re-download all those songs with the same gamertag... I think..
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

Pretty sure that's the case. If you have a friend with an Xbox, might want to pop your hard drive on their machine and delete your stuff from there. Anything you've bought from the market, you should be able to re-download.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I went through the Red Ring of Death saga, and I sent mine straight back to Microsoft. When I did that, I was instructed to keep my hard drive, so I was sure to remove it before sending the box to MS. I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly MS turned things around. Turns out they actually sent me a refurb rather than fixing "mine" right away, but I haven't had any problems since.

Not sure if this helps or not, but Scoobz is right...you can re-download RB songs (and any other DLC for that matter) to your hearts content once you've purchased it so long as you're signed in with the right Gamertag. Probably going to be a mild pain-in-the-ass on this one though, since each song will need to be re-DL'd individually (except for any track packs you might have).
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #5
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
I went through the Red Ring of Death saga, and I sent mine straight back to Microsoft. When I did that, I was instructed to keep my hard drive, so I was sure to remove it before sending the box to MS. I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly MS turned things around. Turns out they actually sent me a refurb rather than fixing "mine" right away, but I haven't had any problems since.

Yeah they sent me a refurb one after mine had the RROD. Then 4 months later the refurb one crapped out because of a faulty disk drive and I was told the warranty on that one was only 3 months. So I was out of luck.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

Nice deal there.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
spleen1015
Coordinator

Why are you sending anything anywhere?

Why not just walk into a Best Buy and let the in store customer service handle it? I would think they would let you keep your hard drive and any hard drive that comes with your replacement would go with your broken one.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

Why not just walk into a Best Buy and let the in store customer service handle it? I would think they would let you keep your hard drive and any hard drive that comes with your replacement would go with your broken one.

Yeah, this is what Gamestop did for me once they determined that the HD was not the problem.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

What he said.

I had a full replacement plan for my 360, which at the time was the 20 GB model. About a year and a half later I got the RROD so I went into Best Buy and because of the price cuts, I walked out with an Elite model and 60 bucks to cover the difference between prices. They weren't happy and didn't mention the Elite when I went in but when I brought it up they couldn't not give it to me. The only problem is the HD's are different so I couldn't transfer the 20 GB HD to the Elite obviously.

That said, I believe when you buy stuff from the MS store, it sits on your XBL account so you should be able to re-dl them but don't quote me on that.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote