Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-08-2003, 03:19 PM   #1
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Vietcong?

With a patch to fix the framerate issues out now, I'm thinking about picking this one up.

Anyone try this one out yet?

Thanks,

Todd

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 03:24 PM   #2
Calis
College Starter

Just nabbed it last night, and played it for a few hours...it has a few pathfinding issues and such, but the AI for the most part seems superb, and the immersion factor is very high.

Only on the 2nd mission, and it seems very long, as I spent a good hour and a half to two hours on it last night, and I have no idea how far into the mission I am.

I've really enjoyed it so far, and had some great moments. I haven't played it long enough to heartily endorse it, but so far it seems like a great tactical FPS, very story driven....good characters, AWFUL voice acting, excellent music and sound.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 03:44 PM   #3
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Calis, might have to nab it on payday if you continue to enjoy this game.

Todd
Old 04-09-2003, 09:14 AM   #4
Calis
College Starter

Just to follow up on this for ya, I played for about 3-4 more hours last night, and I have to say I'm really loving the game. The firefights are definitely the best I've seen, the enemy AI seems really good to me, they try to flank you, and they will retreat back to their buddies and find a new place to set up an attack. Occasionally they do questionable things, but overall I'd say it's good.

The game does lack an overall "polish" though, just for warning. There's some issues, I've had a few crashes, the save system is a little funky, pathfinding can be a big pain sometime, especially when going through tunnels and such, as I've had my own guys block me in, and it's a pain in the ass to get them out of your way. I also now appear to be on some big ass level where you go solo through a buncha VC tunnels and bunkers, which I don't particularly like, because it takes away all the great things I think the game does, and it becomes pretty standard FPS fair, but I think this is an exception, not the norm. Some of the voices WILL drive you crazy as well.

In the end though, I'm having a frigging blast playing it, there's just some amazing moments in the game, I would definitely recommend it, but just be prepared for some shortcomings.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:07 AM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, I've read the tunnel mission is a pain in the arse, but overall the game has been quite a surprise to most.

I love FPS games, just finished Medal of Honor a few months ago and loved that game.

Thanks Calis,

Todd