Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2003, 11:03 PM   #1
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Draft files

I went to the website with all of the historical files and draft files and downloaded the 2003 file so I could draft the players from this year into my franchise. I noticed that alot of guys have nicknames, especially the top players from this year. A few have incorrect last names as well. What the hell is that all about? I thought the purpose of making the file is so that you could draft the current draft class into the game. I would understand more if it were lesser known players, but the top guys have retarded nicknames. Any reason behind this? Also, there are players that dont exsist in the draft with scores over 90. I hope the other files on that page arent as worthless as this 2003 draft file.

Noble_Platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 11:05 PM   #2
Easy Mac

Re: Draft files

Quote:
Originally posted by Noble_Platypus
I went to the website with all of the historical files and draft files and downloaded the 2003 file so I could draft the players from this year into my franchise. I noticed that alot of guys have nicknames, especially the top players from this year. A few have incorrect last names as well. What the hell is that all about? I thought the purpose of making the file is so that you could draft the current draft class into the game. I would understand more if it were lesser known players, but the top guys have retarded nicknames. Any reason behind this? Also, there are players that dont exsist in the draft with scores over 90. I hope the other files on that page arent as worthless as this 2003 draft file.

All the files should come with .dll files. These need to replace the same .dll files in the FOF4 directory. These will give the players the correct names. Just make sure to back up the original dll's.

And you need to change the dll's each year. They only effect the draft classes, not players currently in the league.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 11:08 PM   #3
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

I know. I imported the draft file that I downloaded from the site. I thought it was there because all of the namimg and college info had already been done. Am I supposed to go in and reedit the file every time I start a new game and want to use it?
Old 04-07-2003, 11:30 PM   #4
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

I have to be honest. They are all as useless. My advice to you is not to use them.

I would even go so far as ask for your money back.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 11:36 PM   #5
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Sounds like someone has their panties in a knot. Sorry Senator, didnt want to rain on your parade. Maybe I should download all of the files there.I am sure you have some really cool nicknames for Johnny U and Bart Starr, assuming you even thought to add them to the file.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:37 PM   #6
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

All I am saying is that the draft file is wrong. Pout all you want, doesnt change that fact. I am sure it was a lot of work to create the file, I just dont see why you would spend the time and then not do it accurately.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:41 PM   #7
Senator

your right, they are wrong. don't use them.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 04-07-2003, 11:42 PM   #8
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Stop Senator, or you will have me crying too.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:43 PM   #9
Senator

should I tell him what he is doing wrong, or should I let him continue to make an ass out of himself accusing us of making nicknames. (which - hint - we didn't do Einstein).

Old 04-07-2003, 11:48 PM   #10
Easy Mac

Directions:

1. Download the file and unzip it (best to keep all the draft files in the same directory, but in its own folder for each year for organizational purposes.)

2. Open the folder for the draft year you want, say 1971. In that folder there should be 4 files: fof4_xxx.faf, hcnames.dll, lnames.dll, and fnames.dll.

3. Open your solecismic/fof4 folder, and copy the hcnames.dll, lnames.dll and fnames.dll and put the copies in a new folder for a backup/original.

4. Play the first year you want (1970 in this example) with the original .dll files.

5. Before you import the new draft file, save the game and exit.

6. Now get the .dll's from the 1971 folder, and copy and paste those into the FOF4 directory.

7. Re-open your saved game, and import the draft. Move to the next section of the season.

8. Open the draft preview, and all the players should have the correct names.

9. Repeat these steps before the draft for next year (except step 3).

Note, once a player is in the game, his name is saved, the game no longer references the .dll file for his name, so you shouldn't get the weird name thing.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:48 PM   #11
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally posted by Senator
should I tell him what he is doing wrong, or should I let him continue to make an ass out of himself accusing us of making nicknames. (which - hint - we didn't do Einstein).

too late, sorry
Old 04-07-2003, 11:49 PM   #12
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

This just isn't your week Senator.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:50 PM   #13
Easy Mac

Also note,

I have never used these before, so I don't know if the steps I listed are correct, just my assumption.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:56 PM   #14
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Oh, I guess that Dennis Weathersby last name isnt Weathersby, its whatever is in your file. Eli Manning isnt in this years Draft, by the way. Terrance Newmans name is really Drake or whatever gay name was in there. Hey Einstein, I said before I was talking about the 2003 draft file. Open it up and tell me those names are correct.

Last edited by Noble_Platypus : 04-08-2003 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:07 AM   #15
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Are you sure you downloaded the right file? Make sure you have the updated one. I'm looking at the one I made right now and I can tell you for sure that Dennis Weathersby is Dennis Weathersby and that Eli Manning is not in the file. If you have further problems post your email and I will send you the correct files. Also make sure you put the two dll's in the FOF4 directory before you import the draft. Easy Mac's instructions are right, if you follow them then you should be fine. Maybe I sent senator the wrong file? Senator can you check this.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 12:08 AM   #16
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Also make sure you are getting the one from the draft files page, the one on the rosters page should not be there.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:10 AM   #17
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

I will double check I have the lastest file Nilodor. Thanks for the response. I downloaded the file from the draft page,but it has been awhile, so maybe you revised it. The one I have has Manning in there. Thanks for the non smartass response. That was all I was looking for.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:19 AM   #18
Easy Mac

A PM I just got from noble_platypus, who obviously wants to hide for some reason:

"I dont give a damn what you and the rest of your guys say or how many smartass posts you put up there, that draft file is wrong. Manning isnt coming out . Manny players last names are wrong, or they have incorrect first names and nicknames. Call me an ass if you like, but you guys are wrong. I was only referring to the 2003 draft file that I unzipped and imported."

What the fuck did I do, I posted instructions on what to do.

I'll tell you what, here's some more directions for you:

1. Go find your boyfriend.

2. Tell him he left his rubber cock up your ass.

3. Proceed to jerk him off.

---- you you monkey ----ing donkey. You have a beef with me for trying to help you? And then you can't even say that shit in public? Where was I smartass, in the posts where I detailed every step point to point to try and ensure everything works out ok?

Please remind me not to try and help anyone else out on the forum, because helping obviously makes you an ass.

I'll say this, I left some words blank in hopes Skydog wouldn't ban/suspend me, but if you give me permission SD, please allow me to rip into him.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:53 AM   #19
Senator

Quote:
This just isn't your week Senator.

It is everywhere else. I don't know what happened, I woke up in a great mood. (name tha movie)

maybe people are upset we are winning the war.

Old 04-08-2003, 08:28 AM   #20
3ric
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by nilodor
Are you sure you downloaded the right file? Make sure you have the updated one. I'm looking at the one I made right now and I can tell you for sure that Dennis Weathersby is Dennis Weathersby and that Eli Manning is not in the file. If you have further problems post your email and I will send you the correct files. Also make sure you put the two dll's in the FOF4 directory before you import the draft. Easy Mac's instructions are right, if you follow them then you should be fine. Maybe I sent senator the wrong file? Senator can you check this.

I checked it (the newly downloaded 2003 file, directly from the site) too, with the draft file editor. I agree with Nilodor that the names look right, no problems there. Assuming you can follow the installation instructions, of course.

Last edited by 3ric : 04-08-2003 at 08:31 AM.
3ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 08:58 AM   #21
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Easy Mac
A PM I just got from noble_platypus, who obviously wants to hide for some reason:

"I dont give a damn what you and the rest of your guys say or how many smartass posts you put up there, that draft file is wrong. Manning isnt coming out . Manny players last names are wrong, or they have incorrect first names and nicknames. Call me an ass if you like, but you guys are wrong. I was only referring to the 2003 draft file that I unzipped and imported."

What the fuck did I do, I posted instructions on what to do.

I'll tell you what, here's some more directions for you:

1. Go find your boyfriend.

2. Tell him he left his rubber cock up your ass.

3. Proceed to jerk him off.

---- you you monkey ----ing donkey. You have a beef with me for trying to help you? And then you can't even say that shit in public? Where was I smartass, in the posts where I detailed every step point to point to try and ensure everything works out ok?

Please remind me not to try and help anyone else out on the forum, because helping obviously makes you an ass.

I'll say this, I left some words blank in hopes Skydog wouldn't ban/suspend me, but if you give me permission SD, please allow me to rip into him.

I guess that wasnt you that quoted Senator up top where he called me an ass an agreed with him. I dont want your second set of instructions that you use on the weekend. I PMed you because You guys saw fit to call me an ass and say I was wrong and then Senator logged off, or I would have sent it to him. You put the instructions up for historic files. I repeatedly said I was only talking about the 2003 draft file.If you would read what I wrote, I never called you an ass or anything else. I just said if you two wanted to continue calling me an ass or einstien that it was fine, because you were still incorrect. If you cant handle being told you are wrong, thats your problem.YOu should take time to read what someone posts before you attack them, and if you dont want lumped in with Senator, then dont quote him and agree with him. I dont give a Fuck if you "rip into me" or not. Get a life. All I was looking for was the info that Nilodor eventually provided me.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:20 AM   #22
Lazy Eye
n00b

The files work fine for me. You seem awful aggressive for something you did not contribute to in any way and use for free.
They work. If you don't think they do; do what the man said and don't use them.
Lazy Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:24 AM   #23
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Its not a matter of if they work, I said it wasnt correct. Does anybody read the post before they respond?

Last edited by Noble_Platypus : 04-08-2003 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:00 PM   #24
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Dude, sorry, but in this thread you've been as ass thus far. My opinion only.

Proud Manager of the BOSTON WYCKYD SCEPTRE
Also attempting to Right The Ship with the Clippers
RonnieDobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 12:08 PM   #25
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Noble,

you really need to just:

1. calm down

2. follow the directions on the web page (what a concept!)

3. and thank everyone who has contributed to those files.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 12:57 PM   #26
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

For the last time. I did follow the directions, you illiterate bastard. It was after the file was imported that I noticed the names were incorrect. Nilodor has already said he modified th e file to take out people like Manning who arent in the draft. I dont give a fuck what you think I should do. If everyone could get it through their thick skulls it wasnt that I didnt know the how to use the files, then maybe the matter would be settled.

Last edited by Noble_Platypus : 04-08-2003 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:16 PM   #27
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Noble_Platypus
For the last time. I did follow the directions, you illiterate bastard. It was after the file was imported that I noticed the names were incorrect. Nilodor has already said he modified th e file to take out people like Manning who arent in the draft. I dont give a fuck what you think I should do. If everyone could get it through their thick skulls it wasnt that I didnt know the how to use the files, then maybe the matter would be settled.

You sir, are an asshole.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 01:19 PM   #28
McSweeny
College Starter

ignoring Noble_Platypus doesn't really work when you guys go around quoting him!
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 01:21 PM   #29
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

Aww Ct how am I ever going to sleep tonight knowing you dont like me. I guess I rocked the fragile little boat that some of you seem to be in..Funny how I am the asshole, but the guy who did the file is the one who admits he revised it to fix the mistakes that I said were in it, and that a few of you said were not. I didnt start the name calling, or the pouting. But since you wont seem to let it go any only know 1 thing, then here you go. FUCK YOU. Say whatever else you like, its obvious you are oblivious to what is actually being said. Feel free to not like me, that way it will be mutual. Now, did you understand that? If not I can start posting pictures.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:03 PM   #30
JeeberD
General Manager

I don't think Easy was quoting Senator to say that you were an ass, I think he was quoting Senator to say that he (Easy) was a few minutes late in putting up the directions after Senator's post.

Oh, and I agree with most here, you just need to chill a little, dude...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 02:07 PM   #31
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

I didnt take it like that. If that was how it was ment than I apologize. I have been chilled about the whole thing. I considered it done after talking to Nilodor.However, I feel that if people are going to continue name calling, then I dont see where I am any worse than they are. The question has been answered, let it go.

Last edited by Noble_Platypus : 04-08-2003 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:13 PM   #32
Lazy Eye
n00b

What a strange person!
Old 04-08-2003, 03:34 PM   #33
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

The horse is dead, no need to keep poking it.

horse=issue if anyone is wondering, man i just don't know if i am coming or going, stupid daylight savings time robbing me of sleep
Old 04-08-2003, 04:02 PM   #34
Lazy Eye
n00b

Old 04-19-2003, 09:17 PM   #35
mmarra82
High School Varsity

Great job on putting together the draft files. I would like to tweak there ratings a little though, any possible way of doing this? When I open up the player file editor the file does not show.

Mike
mmarra82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 07:36 AM   #36
3ric
College Starter

You have to use the draft file editor, download it on http://www.cflfb.com/FOF/faf_editor.zip
Old 04-22-2003, 10:53 AM   #37
mmarra82
High School Varsity

Draft Editor

I was able to open the draft file in draft editor and copy it over to excel using the ctrl-c function. I did some editing in excel of the draft file, now I am hoping there is a way to copy it from excel back to the draft file editor. Any way of doing that?

Mike
Old 04-22-2003, 10:56 AM   #38
3ric
College Starter

I sent you an email, Senator forwarded your question.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:07 AM   #39
mmarra82
High School Varsity

ok

Thanks for the response.

Mike
Old 04-22-2003, 02:33 PM   #40
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

3ric,

Would it be possible to have a button that would enter a certain value in all of the cells below it. I am asking because after i enter in the players from the draft there are still 700 tcy generated players left and I would like to adjust all of their pro ratings and bust % ratings. Do you think this is possible?
Old 04-22-2003, 04:09 PM   #41
3ric
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by nilodor
3ric,

Would it be possible to have a button that would enter a certain value in all of the cells below it. I am asking because after i enter in the players from the draft there are still 700 tcy generated players left and I would like to adjust all of their pro ratings and bust % ratings. Do you think this is possible?

I can give it a try, don't sound so hard to do.

Another thing - I finished the conversion function today which allowed me to do quick conversions of all the available draft files into FOF2k1/2k2 and FOF2 formats.
Here's the zip with all the draftfiles for all versions of FOF:
http://m1.311.telia.com/~u31114559/draftfiles030422.zip

Check out the attachment... I tested the 1983 file with FOF2001...
Old 04-22-2003, 04:15 PM   #42
3ric
College Starter

Dola. John Elway sure got screwed in that file.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:17 PM   #43
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by Easy Mac
Dang Easy. I missed this thread (probably because 4/8 was the wife's birthday and I wasn't here much that day). If everything you quoted in your post is accurate, this one would have fallen into the "when you call the tune, you pay the piper" category, imho.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:16 PM   #44
Adamski47
High School JV

Hey, could someone send me the file that has the updated 2003 draft class? My email is [email protected]

Everything I need as far as directions for instalation are already in this thread correct?

Thanks a lot!
Adamski47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:22 PM   #45
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Quick question about these. One reason or another, I don't have FOF4. But I have FOF2001, can I use the historical files at all? I remember trying aways back and thinking that I couldn't get them to work.

Old 04-22-2003, 11:06 PM   #46
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

These files only work with FOF 4. 3ric is however working on a program so the files can be used with fof 2001.

Adam check out
http://www.cflfb.com/FOF/fof.htm
for all of your draft file needs
Old 04-23-2003, 12:58 AM   #47
3ric
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by RonnieDobbs
Quick question about these. One reason or another, I don't have FOF4. But I have FOF2001, can I use the historical files at all? I remember trying aways back and thinking that I couldn't get them to work.

Yeah, what Nilodor said. But check these out too - the zip file below contains more zip files - one for each year.

Each such zip file should contain five files - the names files "lnames" and "fnames" which is important to have in the FOF directory when importing the draft.

Then there's three draft files for each year, and the FOF2001/2002 draft file has a "_fof3" in the name. That one should work for you, Ronnie.

To download:
http://m1.311.telia.com/~u31114559/draftfiles030422.zip

The updated utility comes later.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:14 AM   #48
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Sweet. Thanks.