Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Driving around the USA...

Hi all. So, the Wife and I have been talking about doing this for a while now. We're finally taking the plunge and driving all the way around the USA. Our planned departure date is 10/23, and we're expecting to get back around thanksgiving. That gives us a day or two less than 5 weeks, which after doing the math, should average out to around 4-4.5 hours of drive time per day. We're expecting to have some days where we drive 8-10+ hours, and other days where we don't drive at all. We're going to be taking our Prius which will save greatly on gas, and we're going to do a fair amount of camping in the south which will save a little money on hotels/motels. I've driven straight cross country on several occasions (one time going from San Fran to Baltimore in 54 hours or something like that). I've made the cross country trip both by myself as well as with other people. I'm very excited about Seattle, the Great Lakes, the Northeast, Maryland, and Louisianna. We're taking the north route first, for weather/snow reasons, and then swinging around down the east coast, then back through the south, skipping florida entirely. I'd love to hear some pointers on where you would recommend visiting, and also if any of you have done something similiar, what kind of advice you have to offer.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 10-06-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
NiteMaestro
High School JV

If you come around Philly, let me know, and I can tell you about stuff on through Richmond and Atlanta.
NiteMaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
...skipping florida entirely.

That's cheating, isn't it? I mean, I know it saves you like 3-5 days, but still. At least stop by St Augustine briefly or something (and then you can just take I-10 west from there across the northern part of Florida).

Get a lobster roll in Maine, stop by Plymouth Rock in Massachusetts. Williamsburg in VA is worth a layover for some shopping.

And if you're doing a trip like this you HAVE to stop and get ripped off at South of the Border. Just once in your life you have to stop and admire the monstrosity.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMaestro View Post
If you come around Philly, let me know, and I can tell you about stuff on through Richmond and Atlanta.

Why can't you just tell me here?

Honestly, I'm not super excited about Philly. I hear a lot of things about Philadelphia, and not many of them are good. I dunno maybe it just has a nasty/dirty stigma about it.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

You should post your completed itinerary when you make it - that way you can do FOFC-meetups along the way.

If you make it out here to Massachusetts let me know!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
If y'all swing through the Austin area, let me know and a room at El Rancho Cartman is yours for the night.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 10-06-2009 at 01:21 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Some places I have enjoyed:

Mount Rushmore in South Dakota - seeing it in pictures or on tv does not do it justice.

Mackinaw Island in Michigan - awesome place in the summer, probably too late in the year for you to really enjoy it, but I recommend at least traveling up there to see it.

Tombstone in Arizona - only been there once, but it is a really cool, historical place. Of course, I am a history buff so your interest may vary.

Wrigley Field in Chicago - even if you are not a Cubs fan (which I am not), this stadium is cool and you can feel the history there.

These are just a few, I can't think of others right now but I am at work so don't really have the time to come up with them. In any case, have fun and don't feel rushed. There is a lot to see in our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Why can't you just tell me here?

Honestly, I'm not super excited about Philly. I hear a lot of things about Philadelphia, and not many of them are good. I dunno maybe it just has a nasty/dirty stigma about it.

I went to Philly for the first time a few weeks ago, and it wasn't that bad actually. Like any big city, just stay away from the bad parts (you can tell by the condition of the buildings ).

Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #9
NiteMaestro
High School JV

Lol, I understand.
Just make sure you get a cheesesteak (called 'steak' down there).
Philly is a great city, but you gotta know where to go. I need a lil time to check up some stuff (i live outside of philly)

Richmond? Not much that I can remember, but there's some nice stuff in and around Midlothian as far as 'suburban fun'. Movie theaters, nice restaurants...

Atlanta? Where to begin... lol
Well, there's Atlantic Station (shopping stuff and a nice area in general), and little 5 points (don't know "too" much about that area).
Depending on you guys, there are some holes in the wall around, but the area they're in is... 'questionable'.
NiteMaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #10
lungs
Pro Rookie

If you make it to Wisconsin I can show you a real dairy farm
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Mmmm...we might have to stop in Philly just for a cheesesteak. I completely forgot about that. Oh that sounds just delicious right now.

I'm not so much a US history buff, and I'm far from patriotic (not to to threadjack), so I dunno how much I would enjoy the Mt. Rushmore thing. I do enjoy a western or two, so Tombstone might be fun. I'm also considering making Sedona our stop in Arizona. I hear it's beautiful, and even though I lived in Phx for years I never went up there. Wrigley field would be great, but Baseball season will be over by then...well...at least in Chicago it will be :P.

I'm considering picking up a pair of tickets to see the Niners play in Indy on November 1st, but I dunno how the timing would work out. I really don't want to have to rush through any areas just to see the Niners play, when I get to watch them play 8 games at home every year.

Thank you very much for the invitation to stay...that's very unnexpected and very nice of you. I'll run it by the wife

I'm most excited to experience the different cultures, and to see the different terrains/landmarks all over. I've lived in CA, MD, AZ, and CO, so I've experienced the Pacific, Atlantic, Desert, and Rockies. I know there's so much more to see and experience.

Oh, and of course, how could I forget...the food. Good god, I fully expect to gain 5-10 lbs on this trip. Salmon in Seattle, Lobster in Maine, Crab in Maryland, Crawfish and Gumbo in New Orleans, and Steak in Texas. I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg. If you guys know of any local, high quality joints that serve regional food, I'm totally down to check it out.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 10-06-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #12
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
I'm not so much a US history buff, and I'm far from patriotic (not to to threadjack), so I dunno how much I would enjoy the Mt. Rushmore thing.

I appreciated Mt. Rushmore for the sheer magnitude of it and all the effort it took to create it. Never really thought about the patriotic part of it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
I do enjoy a western or two, so Tombstone might be fun. I'm also considering making Sedona our stop in Arizona. I hear it's beautiful, and even though I lived in Phx for years I never went up there. Wrigley field would be great, but Baseball season will be over by then...well...at least in Chicago it will be :P.

Sedona is awesome, some great places to go camping in that area too if you are so inclined.

Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #13
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I did a similar trip with a buddy about ten years ago, from Portland, OR to New Orleans and back. On the way there we stuck to the southerly route, to visit friends in California and New Mexico, so we went down through California (with a stop in Tijuana), then through Vegas, and over towards the Grand Canyon, into New Mexico (with a stop in Juarez, gotta hit both sketchy Mexican border towns), across Texas and into Louisiana, then back in pretty much a straight line, as quickly as possible, through Colorado, Wyoming, and Idaho (that leg was not nearly entertaining).

Crappy advice: The Grand Canyon is something that we just kind of threw in there, because it was on the way, and I wasn't expecting to be all that impressed, but it's definitely worth visiting in my opinion, if you've never been there before. Louisiana is a great ending point to a road trip, as it really does stand out from the rest of the country in many ways, some small and some significant. Plan your driving through Texas carefully...I swear we spent three weeks driving through Texas, not that there's anything entirely wrong with that. Start in Portland rather than Seattle, Seattle isn't anywhere weird enough...any consideration given to going a little further North to Vancouver BC? Vancouver is an awesome visit, if you've never been.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #14
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

There's a thousand places you could go to in New Orleans. Let me just go stream of conciousness here for a bit and you can google the kinds of places that they are. I will note that Commander's Palace is considered one of (if not the) best resturants in the country. So you may want to give that one special attention.

Otherwise: Central Grocery (for Muffalatas). Cafe Adelaide (good lunch with 25c martinis). Dooky Chase. Willie Mae's Scotch House. Herbsaint. Port of Call. Bayona. Cafe Du Monde (for french donuts). Resturant August.

If you happen to hug the coast in NC, then you might want to try out the Outer Banks. Okercoke (sp?) island can only be reached by ferry, but it is, as a result, the most secluded one. If you happen to be driving through Raleigh/Durham, then I think that you should try and get some authentic NC BBQ. People's taste differs, but in the Triangle, Coopers, Bullocks, and Allen and Sons are well regarded.

The best BBQ in the state is generally thought to be in Lexington, NC, at a variety of resturants.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #15
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Why the jump from Philly to Richmond and no mention of our Nation's Capital?

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #16
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
...so we went down through California (with a stop in Tijuana)...

You can't go wrong in Tijuana. Oh wait...

Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #17
Autumn
Head Coach

Not a great time of year for lobster in Mane, but I'll try to think where would be a good place to hit up. If you have stuff you're interested in between VT-NH-ME, let me know, I can help you out.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #18
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Why the jump from Philly to Richmond and no mention of our Nation's Capital?

Eh...just not really that interested. She's been there before, and as stated before I'm not really rah rah USA. I'm sure there's a lot of grand stuff there, but I just don't think it would be my thing.

EXCELLENT post and advice on New Orleans.

We really want to see the Grand Canyon, but we've been talking about spending several days there. Maybe doing some hiking, some camping, etc. I don't think spending 4+ days anywhere is going to fly on this trip. We'll be taking our time, but this is a big damn country, and everywhere I read says that some places just take forever to drive through. I've heard the same thing about Texas, and how it seems to take a couple days to drive through depending on where you enter/exit. I've driven through before, but I drove through the hat...top...thing...whatever it's called.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #19
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Not a great time of year for lobster in Mane, but I'll try to think where would be a good place to hit up. If you have stuff you're interested in between VT-NH-ME, let me know, I can help you out.

She's *very* excited about Vermont, and really just that whole area. I'll definitely be taking you up on that. I think there are a lot of FOFCers in the Nor-east.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #20
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
There's a thousand places you could go to in New Orleans. Let me just go stream of conciousness here for a bit and you can google the kinds of places that they are. I will note that Commander's Palace is considered one of (if not the) best resturants in the country. So you may want to give that one special attention.

Otherwise: Central Grocery (for Muffalatas). Cafe Adelaide (good lunch with 25c martinis). Dooky Chase. Willie Mae's Scotch House. Herbsaint. Port of Call. Bayona. Cafe Du Monde (for french donuts). Resturant August.

If you happen to hug the coast in NC, then you might want to try out the Outer Banks. Okercoke (sp?) island can only be reached by ferry, but it is, as a result, the most secluded one. If you happen to be driving through Raleigh/Durham, then I think that you should try and get some authentic NC BBQ. People's taste differs, but in the Triangle, Coopers, Bullocks, and Allen and Sons are well regarded.

The best BBQ in the state is generally thought to be in Lexington, NC, at a variety of resturants.

The Outer Banks is a good call. South from Richmond you can hit Williamsburg, then VA Beach, and then it's not too far to Kitty Hawk. From Kitty Hawk you can drive south on NC-12 through the Cape Hatteras National Seashore, and eventually hop the ferry to Ocracoke Island.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #21
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
WALL DRUG
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #22
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

In Seattle- Obviously the Space Needle.

If you like Science Fiction the Science Fiction/ Experience Music Project is cool.

I like the underground tour a lot and the Locks tour is really fun to do.

Lemme know if you have some idea when you will be in town, would love to meet up with another FOFCer.

A great place for seafood is Rays Boathouse, just took my folks there and they loved it.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #23
Autumn
Head Coach

I applaud your efforts.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #24
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Other parts of the country

Do you ski?

Niagra Falls is amazing.

Mamouth cane in Kentucky

I am partial to the Jersey Shore, if you gamble I suggest Atlantic City, otherwise skip it.

Obviously NYC.

Portland , ME is a cool city.

Tons to do in Boston

Rock and Roll hall of fame in Cleveland, as well as other HOF's.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #25
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
In Seattle- Obviously the Space Needle.

If you like Science Fiction the Science Fiction/ Experience Music Project is cool.

I like the underground tour a lot and the Locks tour is really fun to do.

Lemme know if you have some idea when you will be in town, would love to meet up with another FOFCer.

A great place for seafood is Rays Boathouse, just took my folks there and they loved it.

Wasn't a huge fan of the Space Needle (I mean it is cool and all), but I liked the Underground Tour and Pike's Market better.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #26
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Wasn't a huge fan of the Space Needle (I mean it is cool and all), but I liked the Underground Tour and Pike's Market better.

yeah, forgot about Pike Place
Old 10-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #27
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Ha, I love Wall Drug. Great Buffalo burgers.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #28
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

When you figure out what part of Louisiana, around when, and how long I'll be able to help a lot more- but if you are there in November you really won't get to get any boiled crawfish as they won't be back in season for a few months...
Depending on where you are / what you want to see- there is a lot, seeing the Atchafalaya swamp is pretty cool, I've never been on one of those swamp tours- but we used to go skiing out there, have rented a house boat and spent the night, and its actually really cool to see.

If you travel on I-10 you will pass right through Lafayette- you have to stop and get some Boudin and Cracklin at Don's Specialty Meats in Scott. It's right on the interstate and has some of the best boudin around. They have really good meats as well- so if you are camping out and want to cook something on the pit- that is a must. Or maybe just a plate lunch if you time it right....
Laura's II in lafayette also has one of the best plate lunches around, some real soul food- if you don't like spicy food- might not be for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchafalaya_Basin
http://www.donsspecialtymeats.com/

Last edited by Doug5984 : 10-06-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #29
DanGarion
Coordinator

Looking forward to seeing you in Alaska.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #30
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ironic that this trip comes after beef with Minnesota Viking fans. I suggest hiding bits of McKerney in Wyoming.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #31
stevew
Hall Of Famer

don't dilly dally on the northern stuff. I imagine it's gonna get quite fucked up by halloween.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #32
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Also- if you make it to Louisiana on a Sunday in October- the Angola Prison Rodeo is every Sunday in October- it's quite entertaining- I'm heading there this weekend.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #33
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Ironic that this trip comes after beef with Minnesota Viking fans. I suggest hiding bits of McKerney in Wyoming.

Actually we made the decision about a month ago, right about the same time that we decided that we were gunna move to Hawai'i .
Old 10-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #34
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Am I to presume, being in the Bay Area, that you have already been to SoCal? I can suggest tons of areas for you to visit/drive through, but of course, if it's been there/done that, won't bother.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #35
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

DC is the center of the world. that is all

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #36
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If your girl is into football I'd try to work a few games into the schedule.

Like try to hit Niagara Falls on a Sat and hit Buffalo vs someone the next day.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:41 PM   #37
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If your girl is into football I'd try to work a few games into the schedule.

Like try to hit Niagara Falls on a Sat and hit Buffalo vs someone the next day.

Sun,
If you do come to Buffalo, I'm sure Macro (if he is home), Rendre (a terrific guy, don't let his FOFC rep fool you) and Telle, and I could arrange a FOFC Meet and Drink. (FOFC Meet and Drink, Buffalo style - Front Office Football Central)

Niagara Falls is always a blast (Cave of the Winds and the Maid of the Mist attractions are both a blast). It's really cool to see at night when it's all lit up. (The view from the Canadian side is much better, but it can be a hassle to cross and now requires a passport to come back across in the U.S.).

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-06-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #38
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Sun,
If you do come to Buffalo, I'm sure Macro (if he is home), Rendre (a terrific guy, don't let his FOFC rep fool you) and Telle, and I could arrange a FOFC Meet and Drink. (FOFC Meet and Drink, Buffalo style - Front Office Football Central)
All the cool FOFC meetups happen in Buffalo, and they seem to occur every six hours or so. So don't miss that.

Also, don't come to Greensburg. I just farted.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #39
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
All the cool FOFC meetups happen in Buffalo, and they seem to occur every six hours or so. So don't miss that.

So good I won't even mention his non quite a colorness.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #40
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
So good I won't even mention his non quite a colorness.
Much appreciated!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #41
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

The old lady is definitely a football fan, but not enough of one to go to a game between two teams she doesn't watch on a weekly basis...not yet at least. I will have to let you guys know on the FOFC meet and drink thing. I'd be all for it of course...where the hell is Buffalo anyway? I imagine she'd be fine with meeting up with some of my "front office friends" on our escapade, but I don't want to assume too much. You have my word that I'll let you know. We have def talked about going to Niagra falls too, so if that's anywhere near Buffalo then we could probably work everything into that same day.

I will not go to Greensburg, PA...I don't want to get home only to find out that my wife has got a baby Obama growing inside her belly.

She has some family down in Rancho Penasquitos (sp?), and we go down there several times a year. I've been to L.A., Santa Barbara, SLO, Pismo Beach, and some other nice places in SoCal. It's a nice area.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #42
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

When will we be getting Pumpy to one?
Old 10-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #43
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
T..where the hell is Buffalo anyway? I imagine she'd be fine with meeting up with some of my "front office friends" on our escapade, but I don't want to assume too much. You have my word that I'll let you know. We have def talked about going to Niagra falls too, so if that's anywhere near Buffalo then we could probably work everything into that same day.

I will not go to Greensburg, PA...I don't want to get home only to find out that my wife has got a baby Obama growing inside her belly.

She has some family down in Rancho Penasquitos (sp?), and we go down there several times a year. I've been to L.A., Santa Barbara, SLO, Pismo Beach, and some other nice places in SoCal. It's a nice area.

Buffalo (if your talking about downtown) is about 20-25 minutes from Niagara Falls. It's all one metro area.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-06-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #44
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Oh ok...what do you guys usually do? Grab a beer? Have dinner? Gangbangs?
Old 10-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #45
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

This trip sounds awesome and amazing! Good luck and have tons of fun!

I always want to do things like this, but living in Hawaii doesn't help much.

and no, I'm definitely not complaining about living in Hawaii
Old 10-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #46
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Glacier National Park is well worth a detour, probably the most beautiful place I've seen in the US. Don't know how much longer the road through the park would be open though.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #47
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
When will we be getting Pumpy to one?
where the white women at
Old 10-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #48
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

THAT'S what that smell is. Damn you Pumpy.

Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #49
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Actually we made the decision about a month ago, right about the same time that we decided that we were gunna move to Hawai'i .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
I always want to do things like this, but living in Hawaii doesn't help much. and no, I'm definitely not complaining about living in Hawaii

Well, there ya go K0ruptr!!! You have a new BFF!!!

Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #50
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm moving to Oahu, k0ruptr lives on the big island. It just wasn't meant to be.