Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-09-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
stevew
Hall Of Famer

NFL WEEK 1

It's really hard to believe that an actual meaningful game kicks off in about 40 hours or so.

Should be a good game, hopefully Steelers looking good in regular season.

Last edited by stevew : 09-11-2009 at 12:44 AM.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #2
SackAttack
Head Coach

You're going to go to all the trouble of adding the extra four words to pimp the Steelers, and you can't even add an extra three letters for maximum pompous grandiosity?

For shame.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #3
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm hoping I can avoid spoilers and watch the replay Friday night my time.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:45 AM   #4
JediKooter
Coordinator

This should be a good game. Timmons is hurt and probably won't play.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:36 AM   #5
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

23-16 Steelers.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 AM   #6
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Will be at the Dolphins-Falcons game on Sunday. Fist time I've seen the Fins in person since the Marino era. Hoping for a good start to the season.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #7
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm always at King's Island Week 1 of the NFL season. We're gonna DVR the Colts game and watch it when we get home.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #8
MikeVic
Head Coach

Steelers' James Harrison ... do not disturb

Nice article on James Harrison.

They came at linebacker James Harrison in waves, and he flicked them aside as one might expect the NFL defensive player of the year to do. • One after the other, Harrison rejected them as if they were scatbacks trying to block his path to the quarterback. Only these did not occur on a football field, they were part of his swag for what he did on football fields last season. • They were offers of money in trade for his appearance or his autograph or his endorsement. It is the reward for the remarkable season Harrison had in 2008. • Yet, the two-time Steelers MVP was a hard sell, turning down "about 25, 30" such offers, according to agent Bill Parise. His reasoning: "James is James," Parise said. "James is not comfortable in a lot of those settings, and there's not a need to put him in them anymore."

The lack of need to grovel for outside income came in April when he signed a six-year contract worth $51.2 million, about $20 million of that in bonus money.

"I turned down a whole bunch of stuff," Harrison said. "Go here, do this and do that. I don't want to do nothing. I'm not interested, especially now, I don't really need it.

"I'm happy with the contract I have. And the kind of money I would get from that versus what I'd have to do, I'd probably have to sit there and talk to people."

Oh, no, not talk to people! Think skipping the White House visit and a chance to meet the president was a show of disrespect? Those who know Harrison claim it's just not so. He's private and admittedly shy. This overnight sensation at age 31 often does not react well to his newfound celebrity.
PG graphic: The Sack Master
PG photos: Anatomy of history

Two years ago, he was just another backup outside linebacker with the Steelers. Today, he owns their season sack record with 16, was league defensive player of the year and author of the longest play in Super Bowl history, a breathtaking 100-yard interception return for a touchdown to end the first half and very likely stem Arizona's upset bid.

There's also an impending book. Yes, this shy, private linebacker collaborated on a biography, perhaps because he had to talk only to its author, Bill Moushey (with Bill Parise). Titled "Never Give Up," a snarling Harrison is shown on its cover. It was Moushey, a former Post-Gazette writer, who suggested Harrison's shyness.

"I think he puts a somewhat impenetrable shield up to keep people away from him, borne out of an intense shyness," Moushey said. "He won't go in front of crowds, doesn't like to do that kind of stuff, unless it's involving kids. His fear of flying combined with his shyness has caused him pretty much to turn down anything people throw his way. He's been offered all kinds of headline appearances and he just doesn't do it."

Harrison, who is so intense he nearly knocked his quarterback out for the season by pushing 345-pound tackle Max Starks into Ben Roethlisberger's leg on the last day of training camp, also has a soft side. Of the field, of course.

"Absolutely," says end Brett Keisel, who plays next to Harrison on the right side of the NFL's No. 1 defense. "Watch him around his little boy and my son. My son was out here a couple of weeks ago; James came over and kissed him on the head.

"He's a great guy off the field, but on the field he's a complete animal. That's what we want. He's a big reason why we were great last year. His return in the Super Bowl speaks for itself. He has the heart to go that far -- that's a long way to run, but that's what he's built on, all heart."

Speaking from the heart, then, here are Harrison's thoughts, recounted for us, as he intercepted Kurt Warner's pass and ran with it. He already has acknowledged he was supposed to blitz on that play but saw something and hung back.

"After I picked it off, I didn't see anybody in front of me, I thought I had a clean touchdown. I'm like, 'I'm about to go.' All of a sudden there's a sea of white jerseys and then I saw a bunch of red jerseys and I said, 'Oh my goodness.' "

He needed some help and got it with blocks by quick-reacting teammates Deshea Townsend, Ike Taylor and LaMarr Woodley, among others.

"After Deshea blocked Kurt Warner I said, 'OK, I'm good.' He blocks him, then I got a bump from behind, I guess that was Ike hitting someone, I don't know who it was. Then somebody came from the side, a lineman or something. Then there was a running back [Woodley] knocked down, then another lineman after [Woodley] knocked him down, then a receiver. Like I said, I never saw Larry Fitzgerald until he actually hit me."

That occurred as he approached the end zone and wound up rolling onto Fitzgerald for the touchdown. Had he been short, the half would have ended without a chance at kicking a field goal. As with Franco Harris' Immaculate Reception, he might have had time to run out of bounds and given his team a shot at three points rather than gamble it all on the end zone or nothing.

"I'm not even thinking about running out of bounds," Harrison said. "I figured there was not enough time left, that was my whole reason for dropping back because they had to either throw a quick in or out into the end zone because they could not afford to get caught in bounds; they had no timeouts left."

Had it not been for Fitzgerald's late scores and Santonio Holmes' winning touchdown catch, Harrison might have added Super Bowl MVP to his late-blooming resume. No matter. He's happy with what he has, but in no way content. He's as determined to show he's not a fluke as much as he was determined to make it in the first place.

"He's more motivated to prove his critics wrong, that he might be a one-year wonder," said friend and safety Tyrone Carter. "He's always been motivated, but this will give him an extra edge as well because you know he's going to have naysayers: 'He had one good year, what's he going to do once he got money?' "

Harrison, who was back working out at the Steelers' facility days after they won Super Bowl XLIII, will tell you what he's going to do, or at least plans to do.

"I believe anything can be topped. That's why they make records. How do I do that? I come in and train and get better in every area, learning defense, what my position is as far as where I'm supposed to be on certain defenses to better help myself and my teammates. It may not be me getting better numbers, it may be me being in better position to help other people."

Just as long as those people are his teammates, or the kids he serves through the Beaver County YMCA without fanfare. The rest? Please leave him alone, even if you come carrying gifts. Harrison does not want gifts and he certainly does not want to have to talk to anyone to get them.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's a shame that "6 time" wouldn't fit in the title as well.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #10
Galaril
Pro Starter

The Titans have beaten the Steelers 4 of the last five times and I expect them to be ready to play. I hate to give predictions but the Titans have a vastly improved passing game as long as the players are healthy enough to play Titans 27-23
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #11
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
The Titans have beaten the Steelers 4 of the last five times and I expect them to be ready to play. I hate to give predictions but the Titans have a vastly improved passing game as long as the players are healthy enough to play Titans 27-23

Vastly improved? Am I missing something in their passing game?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #12
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Title
Pittsburgh blah blah blah

hxxp://deadspin.com/5354828/why-your-team-sucks-pittsburgh-steelers

Fun thing is, my boss is a huge Steelers fan. We got to show him that today, and got him all riled up. Fun times.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-09-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #13
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

Fun thing is, my boss is a huge Steelers fan. We got to show him that today, and got him all riled up. Fun times.

Just because you didn't like Kordell on the Bears, don't go hating on an awesome team.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #14
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Just because you didn't like Kordell on the Bears, don't go hating on an awesome team.

Dude, we had Rick Mirer and Cade McNown. You think Kordell gets me?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #15
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Dude, we had Rick Mirer and Cade McNown. You think Kordell gets me?

I'm jealous of Sexy Rexy.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I'm always at King's Island Week 1 of the NFL season. We're gonna DVR the Colts game and watch it when we get home.

I know where you or someone you know works....
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #17
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Dude, i hate most steeler fans too. I never realized how bad the invalids were until I moved back here. There's a difference between being a homer and being an insane uneducated moron for your team. Steeler flags on your car, steeler shirts in church. Kids dressed up in jersey's year round. I mean, cmon, that's just stupid.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #18
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Dude, i hate most steeler fans too. I never realized how bad the invalids were until I moved back here. There's a difference between being a homer and being an insane uneducated moron for your team. Steeler flags on your car, steeler shirts in church. Kids dressed up in jersey's year round. I mean, cmon, that's just stupid.

Eh, to be honest, I think every team has its collection of moron fans.

I just couldn't resist posting that article when I saw this thread.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-10-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #19
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Looking forward to this game and a great NFL season. Steelers win 17-10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #20
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Vastly improved? Am I missing something in their passing game?

They have the same offensive lineman and QBs which is not a bad thing. TEs also the same but with the addition of Jared Cook who mnay say was the best TE drafted this year and has shown great hands and WRs speed 4.45 they are improved here. The RBs are improved as well with a leaner White, more experienced Johnson and the addition of Michigan St. stand out Javon Ringer to spell them here they are improved. Now at Wr they have replaced Justin McCariens with ex-Steeler wdeout Washington and have replaced Brandon Jones with Kenny Brit. Justin Gage had a great preseason and is healthy. Also, there is a few other WRs that were added in the draft late that appear to be able to contribute. So, I "vastly"{ improved maybe a strecth but they certainly are not hampered like in the past by a poor passing game any more.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #21
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
They have the same offensive lineman and QBs which is not a bad thing. TEs also the same but with the addition of Jared Cook who mnay say was the best TE drafted this year and has shown great hands and WRs speed 4.45 they are improved here. The RBs are improved as well with a leaner White, more experienced Johnson and the addition of Michigan St. stand out Javon Ringer to spell them here they are improved. Now at Wr they have replaced Justin McCariens with ex-Steeler wdeout Washington and have replaced Brandon Jones with Kenny Brit. Justin Gage had a great preseason and is healthy. Also, there is a few other WRs that were added in the draft late that appear to be able to contribute. So, I "vastly"{ improved maybe a strecth but they certainly are not hampered like in the past by a poor passing game any more.

Alright, I can buy the "improved" logic. I just thought I was missing something when I read "vastly improved." (I have Chris Johnson and LenDale White in leagues, so I'm banking on them running a lot).
Old 09-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #22
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Apparently in Pittsburgh it is okay to wear a Steeler jersey to work when you have to give a big presentation to a customer.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #23
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Apparently in Pittsburgh it is okay to wear a Steeler jersey to work when you have to give a big presentation to a customer.

Awesome!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #24
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Pretty much complete truth here.

Steeler fans ruin watching games at bars. No other fanbase has 40 year old men shrieking like teenage girls at a boyband concert after six yard runs up the middle or false starts by the other team. Terrible.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #25
PilotMan
Head Coach

I'm a big Steeler homer, and that Deadspin article was hilarious.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:48 AM   #26
Samdari
Roster Filler

[[quote=Galaril;2113504]TEs also the same but with the addition of Jared Cook who mnay say was the best TE drafted this year and has shown great hands and WRs speed 4.45 they are improved here.[/ QUOTE]

He's the 4th TE, likely to be inactive, and who (other than Tenn fans/media) said he was better than Pettigrew?

Quote:
The RBs are improved as well .

One could perhaps make a reasonable argument that their RB's are, I don't know, the same guys? Since, you know, they're the same guys.

Quote:
Javon Ringer .

4th string, likely to be inactive

Quote:
Now at Wr they have replaced Justin McCariens with ex-Steeler wdeout Washington and have replaced Brandon Jones with Kenny Brit. Justin Gage had a great preseason and is healthy..

Their solution at WR was to bring in a #3 caliber guy to be #1. He's been injured, so give them a pass on that not working out.

Kenny Britt has proven what? I think he will be better than Brandon Jones, but he has yet to prove even that.

The bottom line is Justin Gage is the #1 WR. This is never good.

Quote:
Also, there is a few other WRs that were added in the draft late that appear to be able to contribute. .

Only Dominique Edison made the roster. This is going to help give them a better passing game?

Quote:
they certainly are not hampered like in the past by a poor passing game any more.

Sorry, none of the things you mention appear to likely to make a difference. The possible exception is Britt. He could really be something special - but even WRs who end up being that rarely make a difference as rookies.

Bottom line: A rational examination suggests the Titans will still be hampered by a poor passing game.

Last edited by Samdari : 09-10-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #27
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Last year I was in LA for the Rose Bowl and i went to a bar on Rodondo Beach...wouldn't you know it was a fuckin steelers bar. I flew 3000 miles to get away and I still end up with Steelers shit around me.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #28
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Dola...and my favorite line...

2. Most annoying fans at the bar? Most annoying fans at the bar. You'd think Eagles fans would have this title all sewn up. You'd be incorrect. Stop by any bar on a Sunday afternoon this fall and you will be treated to a large number of Steelers shouting out pointless shit like, "FUCKING BIG BEN!" or "HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!" or "THAT'S MY BOY, JAMES HARRISON!" It says something about a franchise when Terry Bradshaw is its most insightful representative.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #29
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Dola...and my favorite line...

2. Most annoying fans at the bar? Most annoying fans at the bar. You'd think Eagles fans would have this title all sewn up. You'd be incorrect. Stop by any bar on a Sunday afternoon this fall and you will be treated to a large number of Steelers shouting out pointless shit like, "FUCKING BIG BEN!" or "HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!" or "THAT'S MY BOY, JAMES HARRISON!" It says something about a franchise when Terry Bradshaw is its most insightful representative.

I don't care if people make fun of the Steelers really, I just don't get how this is funny? I run across the same thing for fans of every team in every sport (I mean, I haven't seen fans of every team in every sport, but if I'm somewhere with a bunch of Colts and Pats fans, there will be random dudes shouting out crap like the above).
Old 09-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #30
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

It's funny cause it is true, yet you'll be hard pressed to find a fan besides SteveW and even SR would agree, that will admit to it.. Pittsburgh fans are quick to point out that they are classy fans and don't act like Eagles fan who are obnoxious. Meanwhile they are the only ones who see that.

And it has rubbed off on their other team the Pens. Pens fans use to be great to talk to, now since they are good again you can see the ones who have come on board who act like Steeler fans. I imagine that will happen with the Pirates too, but again since they suck, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who admits they are a Pirate fan...that shit aint cool by them.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 09-10-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #31
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
It's funny cause it is true, yet you'll be hard pressed to find a fan besides SteveW and even SR would agree, that will admit to it.. Pittsburgh fans are quick to point out that they are classy fans and don't act like Eagles fan who are obnoxious. Meanwhile they are the only ones who see that.

And it has rubbed off on their other team the Pens. Pens fans use to be great to talk to, now since they are good again you can see the ones who have come on board who act like Steeler fans. I imagine that will happen with the Pirates too, but again since they suck, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who admits they are a Pirate fan...that shit aint cool by them.

Alright. Well, I don't live around the heart of Steelers fans so I can't argue anything. I just made an observation that a lot of fans for other teams and sports do the same thing (and if I'm out with friends watching I'll yell out stupid comments like that too, but they do the same for their teams).
Old 09-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #32
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
youve never met a redskins fan have you?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #33
RendeR
Coordinator

Fuck Shitz-burgh
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #34
Galaril
Pro Starter

[quote=Samdari;2113643][
Quote:
TEs also the same but with the addition of Jared Cook who mnay say was the best TE drafted this year and has shown great hands and WRs speed 4.45 they are improved here.[/ QUOTE]

He's the 4th TE, likely to be inactive, and who (other than Tenn fans/media) said he was better than Pettigrew?

One could perhaps make a reasonable argument that their RB's are, I don't know, the same guys? Since, you know, they're the same guys.

4th string, likely to be inactive

Their solution at WR was to bring in a #3 caliber guy to be #1. He's been injured, so give them a pass on that not working out.

Kenny Britt has proven what? I think he will be better than Brandon Jones, but he has yet to prove even that.

The bottom line is Justin Gage is the #1 WR. This is never good.

Only Dominique Edison made the roster. This is going to help give them a better passing game?

Sorry, none of the things you mention appear to likely to make a difference. The possible exception is Britt. He could really be something special - but even WRs who end up being that rarely make a difference as rookies.

Bottom line: A rational examination suggests the Titans will still be hampered by a poor passing game.

You maybe right on most of what you said. I would correct you on the RBs that Ringer played great albiet preseaon and is going to be active to return kicks and is the #3 RB passing Henry. Edison is looking like he could be a real surprise and will probably be the #3 WR tonight. Lastly years recievers were woeful and so they are now definitely improved and in any case the Steelers I think will offer d ecent challenge on the defense. The bottom line is I think the Titans can score more on the Steelers D than the Steelers offense can score on the Titans D. I will agree that the Titans weakest area is the passing game and the Steelers weakest area is there o-line. Remember last year the Titans sacked Ben 5 times and caused 4 turnovers though it was in Ten. that was without Haynesworth.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #35
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
I don't care if people make fun of the Steelers really, I just don't get how this is funny? I run across the same thing for fans of every team in every sport (I mean, I haven't seen fans of every team in every sport, but if I'm somewhere with a bunch of Colts and Pats fans, there will be random dudes shouting out crap like the above).

As a Steelers fan, I agree with you. If another team would have won the super bowl last year, people would be talking about how shitty that team's fans act. I have not been around the main Steeler fan base either, and I am sure that they act like asshats, but this can be said of any fan base of any team in any sport. Especially one that is winning.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #36
Logan
Head Coach

There's actually a pretty big contingent that believes Cook will be the best TE of this class.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:10 PM   #37
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Cook might be the best pure receiving TE but Pettigrew is a load on the block. He is going to be a dominating all around TE.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #38
SnowMan
High School Varsity

I think the refs in XL enjoy Stealers fans at the bars...
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #39
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMan View Post
Stealers

nice
Old 09-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #40
gstelmack
Pro Starter

One side benefit of Pittsburgh winning the Super Bowl last year is now everyone is complaining about Steelers fans rather than Patriots fans.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #41
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
There's actually a pretty big contingent that believes Cook will be the best TE of this class.

Can you quote them?

Even if that is true (and the people that matter think he'll be the third best TE, which is still pretty good) its not like he's going to give them a huge improvement in their passing game this year. Reasons for that being that the Titans have a pretty good passing-to-the-TE game already. Without checking, I'd guess they were among the best in the league last season. Because they had pretty good TE's last year (and lousy WRs). Those TE are still there. Cook has virtually no chance to improve that aspect of their offense (one they are trying to downgrade, mind you). And ZERO chance to help that aspect of their passing game tonight (he's not playing).

Galaril - you in part make my point for me. I had heard Edison looks like a steal and will be a real player, along with Britt looking like the best WR in the class. But, having one rookies starting at WR and another at #3 means you are weak at WR. They just don't make much of an impact.

I find the discussion of "most annoying fans" funny. I think people tend to think that the fans of the teams they hate the most are the most annoying. And when those teams are successful, their fans enjoying it are even more annoying.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #42
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Can you quote them?

Even if that is true (and the people that matter think he'll be the third best TE, which is still pretty good) its not like he's going to give them a huge improvement in their passing game this year. Reasons for that being that the Titans have a pretty good passing-to-the-TE game already. Without checking, I'd guess they were among the best in the league last season. Because they had pretty good TE's last year (and lousy WRs). Those TE are still there. Cook has virtually no chance to improve that aspect of their offense (one they are trying to downgrade, mind you). And ZERO chance to help that aspect of their passing game tonight (he's not playing).

Galaril - you in part make my point for me. I had heard Edison looks like a steal and will be a real player, along with Britt looking like the best WR in the class. But, having one rookies starting at WR and another at #3 means you are weak at WR. They just don't make much of an impact.

I find the discussion of "most annoying fans" funny. I think people tend to think that the fans of the teams they hate the most are the most annoying. And when those teams are successful, their fans enjoying it are even more annoying.

That is just anm opinion and not always true though usually I guess this is why they play the games good luck to your team anyways.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #43
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
That is just anm opinion

That rookie WRs don't usually make much of an impact????

Uhhh
Old 09-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #44
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
That rookie WRs don't usually make much of an impact????

Uhhh
Usually yes but not always. Jerry Rice first season stats: 49 receptions for 927 at 18.9 avg.

Last edited by Galaril : 09-10-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #45
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

Exactly.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #46
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Usually yes but not always. Jerry Rice first season stats: 49 receptions for 927 at 18.9 avg.

Randy Moss was even better!

I agree - if Britt is as good as a rookie as Rice or Moss, the Titans will have a vastly improved passing game.

If, however, he proves not to be as good as the 2 all-pro-as-rookie WRs of the last 25 years, the Titans could indeed be limited in the passing game yet again.

Actually considering that Jones was their #2, Britt is almost assured of being an upgrade.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:04 PM   #47
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Sure, but are the odds in favor of the Titans having drafted two HoF WRs (not all of which have good first seasons mind you) or having drafted typical rookie receiver 1 and 2? The Titans' WRs are going to be a huge weakness this season just like last season unless they get uncommon production from WRs that haven't proven themselves to be starting caliber ones.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #48
MikeVic
Head Coach

I have Britt in the FOFC Keeper League. If he's the next Jerry Rice, yay.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #49
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
I have Britt in the FOFC Keeper League. If he's the next Jerry Rice, yay.

I do think he'll be the best WR from this class (since Crabtree is looking more and more like a WR from the 2010 class. I also think he's a rookie WR, which means he'll have some games where he looks like a HoF'er, and some where you wonder if he is dressed.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #50
whomario
Pro Starter

Rice wasn´t even that impressive historically :
ESPN.com: Page 2 : The best rookie receivers ever

just in case you want to shoot any higher later in the year

Last edited by whomario : 09-10-2009 at 04:13 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote