Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(TV) After last night's shows on ABC..

I can confidently say this after watching (through the magic of Tivo), Wipeout and Crash Course back to back.

A) I think I dropped about 5 points of IQ watching the shows..

B) I have to admit, I was thoroughly entertained.

Yes, there is something about people volunteering to put themselves through Wipeout even though they have no real physical hope of doing any of that stuff. Watching people go flying in 9 million different directions is funny.

And then Crash Course.

I mean, how can you not love a show that has a challenge to see how far you can slide a car on its roof after you roll it over?

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Wipeout is fantastic. I love to slo-mo their slo-mo replays on my DVR just to relive the pain at an even slower speed. It's like Jackass except it's unintentional, padded, and very muddy.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
kingfc22
Head Coach

Wipeout is awesome. Usually at its best until the final challenge. Usually don't get many laughs from the finale.

Crash course was meh, but I only watched the first episode.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #4
NewIdentity
High School JV

IS wipeout the ripoff of MXC?

I kind have always enjoyed MXC whenever I ran across it. PRetty funny stuff.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
A) I think I dropped about 5 points of IQ watching the shows..

Given that, I suppose I should be disturbed at the following news ... and not the least bit surprised by it

Quote:
With “Wipeout” tying “America’s Got Talent” for the night’s No. 1 show, ABC got a rare Wednesday evening victory last night.

“Wipeout” averaged a 2.6 adults 18-49 rating at 8 p.m., according to Nielsen overnights, 37 percent ahead of the No. 2 show in the timeslot, Fox’s “So You Think You Can Dance” special.

“Wipeout” posted the same rating as NBC’s “Talent,” the night’s top-rated show the past few weeks.

ABC led the night among 18-49s with a 2.1 average overnight rating and a 6 share. NBC was second at 1.9/6, Fox third at 1.8/6, CBS and Univision tied for fourth at 1.4/4, and CW was sixth at 0.5/2.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-03-2009 at 07:24 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
cuervo72
Head Coach

I find Wipeout to be very enjoyable. Sure, it's light programming, but it's good-natured fun. Ok for the kids to watch too.

Crash Course...eh, not as good, at least from what I saw of the first episode. And...Dan Cortese? Really? Dan Cortese??
Old 09-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #7
Comey
College Starter

Wipeout was *so* much better when it was MXC. The commentators on MXC were the greatest. John Anderson cannot compare to those two, and ABC has neutered John Henson.

Seeing the Japanese go through it with so much gusto...the American version seems like a parody. I very, very much prefer MXC.

In this case, the original could not be improved upon.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote