Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-05-2003, 04:03 PM   #1
dread
n00b

Some ways to make FOF more immersive

I did not put this under the thread for fixes since most of these would be fairly major game changes.
1. Expand coaching staffs, I think you should have to compete for a full staff of coaches and have some scouting choices. I know supposedly the staff is included with the coach or scout , but individual coaches would make it much more interesting. I also think that when hiring a head coach that postion coordinators ought to be available to hire.
2. Each head coach should have a card showing his various yearly records and which teams he has coached with and in what capacity.
3. Teams should have to prepare more for draft, teams should be able to send scouts to combine and have individual players in for workouts. Players eligible for college draft should have some career stats and accolades available on a card. Complete draft results should be able to be saved to view at later times.
4. I also think during draft teams should offer you trades every once in a while like all the computer teams do.
5. I think free agency should be expanded with agents playing a bigger part in game. Each player should have thier priorities for where they want to play (money, location, chance to start or play for winner etc.) You could schedule free agent visits and have player scouted more in depth, plus show coaching staff and scouting staff opinions on player. after visit show players reaction to team and facilities as well as coaching staff and area.
6. I think franchise, transition and restricted free agents should be able to come into play also. If a team franchises a player it should be the same as NFL where another team can sign player if they are willing to pay the price and that player agrees. Restricted free agents if signed could either be matched or receive draft pick.
7.When players are disgruntled I think they should be more specific if its about money or playing time, I already like that the game shows conflict among players.
8.There should be holdouts also as well as players demanding trade.
9. We should be able somehow to keep a stats database for all players somehow so we can look at how our players have did over thier careers after retirement.
10. Have training camp and be able to see how each player performed instead of just seeing the bars.
11. have preseason mean something towards evaluation and be able to see preseason stats that would dissappear if need be once season starts. Its a pain in ass to look at each box score.
12. Scouts should be able to give more of an individual evaluation instead of only bars much like High heat or ootp does.

These are only a few of my major suggestions. I think that many of these have been implemented in similar games in some form and would make this game feel much more realistic. Eastside Hockey followed hockey rules quite well as far as free agency and such. So Im sure that many of these suggestions are attainable. FOF is untouched in the football sim arena, but anything can be improved, Im just glad it exists.

dread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 08:08 PM   #2
PineTar
High School JV

13. Multiplayer
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
Taur
High School Varsity

For an Empire builing Sports Sim FOF4 was a major step backwards from TCY!!!!

I want a useable budget. Not just Fluff that is currently offered in most sports sims. But, A Empire/Tycoon Building Sports Sim that actually has a improtant financial Mode. Allowing the user to invest money in improvements/Upgrades for their franchise.

I want my Football Tycoon!
Old 04-06-2003, 11:48 AM   #4
dread
n00b

I like TCY but find it less fun because if you play in a minor conf, you basically have only one bowl slot and the game constantly screws you to a day one bowl even though your BCS ranking merits a better bowl. I wish that you could alter Bowl setups so six friggin Pac 10 teams did not get slots, but I guess this is almost realistic they way South Florida sat home while 6-6 teams went to Bowls.