Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2009 FOFC Alternate Rules Football; Season Underway!

The draft is complete and has been entered into Yahoo. Make sure to set your lineups before the Thursday game this week.

Waivers are ready and can be processed on the 8th. Lineups need to be set before the 10th so there's a short window there.

Beyond that, it's almost game time.

After a weekend of a soft, live draft, the "real draft" has now started. The clock went active at 8am and the Fiddly Cartoonists have until 1400 (2pm) ET to make their pick.

The draft will continue as normal with the morning provision until the weekend.

We have a draft order:
3 k0ruptr - Hawaii Ha'a
6 Butter_of_69 - Dayton Dynamo
2 Qwikshot - Qwikshots Quivers
1 Celeval - Creeping UDFAs
10 Danny - Road Kill Cafe
9 molson - Enchanted Goats
7 rafini - Rafini Express
4 Masked - Eleven Masked Men
8 flere-imsaho - Fiddly Cartoonists
5 sterlingice - Richmond Rhinocerii

The soft, live draft is now underway over the weekend

We still have one spot open as of 10am ET.

It looks like we'll be starting the draft next Monday, with a soft draft period over the weekend. We now have 9 spots spoken for so there's still one opening left. If you have signed into the thread but not into Yahoo, try to get signed up as soon as possible.

We have half of the league full with 4 returning teams and a new team. Still 5 spots open- just read the rules and put in a post with your team name and unpicked number (1-10) if you want to join

It's time to get the ball rolling! Draft starts next Tuesday!

Sign up in the thread with a team name and number between 1 and 10 that hasn't been taken yet! Also, include your vote on the keeper rules below- yes for a keeper league or no for no keeper league.

If there are any rules discussions, start another post and we can chat about them- nothing's set in stone until the draft starts.

Also, finished updating the league history posts.

A couple of measures to consider:
1) Should we make this a keeper league and, if so, what format?
2) Any rules changes that need to be made? Or do we look good. After the draft has started- we're pretty much locked in.

-Still trying to get all of the posting done for this, but wanted to get things started
-Same rules as my usual leagues- if you were active, you'll have a couple of days to claim your reserved spot
-Definitely won't start draft until next Monday at the earliest and it will be the slow, live draft format
-Also, considering this league as a keeper league starting this season
-The meat will be in posts 2-4. This first post is just the news billboard

Scoring and Links

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football

Scoring & Settings

Setting Value
League ID#: 427484
League Name: FOFC Alternate Rules
Password: dola
Draft Type: Offline Draft
Max Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: November 20, 2009
Trade Review: League Votes
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Weekly Waivers Sunday - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)
Divisions: No
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
Roster Positions: QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, TE, K, K, DEF, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes

Offense League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Passing Yards 30 yards per point 25 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 5 4
Interceptions -1
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions 0.5 0
Reception Yards 8 yards per point 10 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles -1 0
Fumbles Lost -1 -2
Offensive Fumble Return TD 5 6
Kickers League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 4 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 4 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -2 0
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -1 0
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -1 0
Point After Attempt Made 1
Point After Attempt Missed -1 0
Defense/Special Teams League Value Yahoo! Default Value
Sack 1
Interception 1 2
Fumble Recovery 1 2
Touchdown 5 6
Safety 2
Block Kick 2
Return Yards 75 yards per point 0
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 5 0
Points Allowed 0 points 15 10
Points Allowed 1-6 points 10 7
Points Allowed 7-13 points 5 4
Points Allowed 14-20 points 2 1
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0
Points Allowed 28-34 points -2 -1
Points Allowed 35+ points -5 -4

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-14-2009 at 03:23 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2009 Alternate Rules Football Rules

Alternate Rules Football History

After a brief hiatus- in 2008 I was moving across country at draft time- the FOFC Alternate Rules Football league is back! There's nothing too radical about it, but we do play with 2 QBs, playing PPR, and try to balance out all 3 of the major positions while still making the other 3 differentiated and yet valuable.

In the first season, 2005, the Rafini Express steamrolled the rest of the league; led by Tomlinson, Palmer, Hasselbeck, and a solid receiving corps.

In 2006, Eleven Masked Men won the regular season while 5 teams were at either 9-5 or 8-6 but only three made the playoffs. The #4 and #3 seeds won in the playoffs with the balanced Marino Gets a Title winning over the LT-led Houston Hippopotami.

For 2007, there were 3 10-4 powers going into the playoffs with the Little Macs, Hawaii Haka, and Houston Hippopotami but it was the #4 seed Louisiana Cyclones who won the title after squeaking into the playoffs at 8-6.

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE LEAGUE RULES BEFORE YOU JOIN AND AGAIN BEFORE THE DRAFT!

I can't stress this enough- the draft is long and requires you to be online a lot. If you don't think you can make it, don't join.

Signing Up

Until Saturday at midnight ET, preference goes to teams who were in the league in 2007 but after that, it's open to anyone. Post below to get on the "waiting list". It's been nearly 2 years so there will probably be open spots.

For those of you who have played in my leagues before, you know the league runs a little different than most, at least with regards to football (I think my baseball leagues are pretty standard). I've always hated the stereotypical fantasy football leagues where the first two rounds are a mad scramble for RBs, the 12th best QB in the league is useless in a 10 team league, and WRs are crap outside of a couple of studs. Not the case here, as I've been trying to perfect my formula and I think it's getting better each year but it's definitely non-standard.

Lastly, gotta have active owners: if you've played in a league I've been in and quit, unless you PM me with a good explanation, you'll be kicked out of the league before draft day and your spot will go to someone else. We're back to the slow live draft format- if you've been in my fantasy baseball league, then you're familiar with how it works. We draft on the board and you need to be able to check multiple times a day or

So, please, only join if you're going to be able to draft and play.

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE LEAGUE RULES BEFORE YOU JOIN AND AGAIN BEFORE THE DRAFT!

Rules

I'll try to outline the major points below but any writeup will be somewhat incomplete. I've been trying to make sure and balance out the three main positions. It's not perfect but it's a lot better than what's out there, in my opinion:

* First thing you'll notice is 2 QBs- your 2nd and even 3rd QB does matter, just as much as your 2nd and 3rd RBs. No more mad scramble solely for RBs.
* There are 3 WRs and they are worth 8/1 versus 10/1 for RBs and 30/1 for QBs
* I removed the RB/WR flex, tho- I think it made the league a bit too shallow last time. We'll see how it feels this time.
* TE's are a bit better than in the past, but I would still love to be able to hit them with a 1.5 * mulitiplier across the board. As that's not possible, they fall in positional value. PPR helps them, tho.
* There are kindof 2 tiers of players: QBs/RBs/WRs and Ks/DEFs/TEs. The first are worth more as they are believed to be more important. However, those second tiers are still worth about 2/3rds what the first group does, and good ones can offset a bad week by a top tier player.
* There's a lot of emphasis on positional scarcity- 2 of pretty much everything in a 10 team league means 20 QBs, 20 RBs, 20 Ks, and 20 DEFs will be starting each and every week which only leaves 10 in the pool at max. You only get 5 bench spaces so use them well- no hoarding that 4th K or even 3rd K if it means dropping that injured RB who's about to come back or that backup for your stud who you have as a 4th RB.

Also, a couple of changes versus last year:
* Removed the RB/WR flex slot- the free agent pool was just too shallow after that. In my mind, there should be a few players in the pool who can be a spot start most weeks and that just wasn't there. I'd have to whittle the bench down further to 4 and that's just too bare bones in a sport with those annoying bye weeks.
* QB, RB, and WR were 40/15/10 but are now 30/10/8. I'm not all that happy about keeping QB value the same and bringing RB and WR value up a little but the numbers support it.
* I might have changed up kicker and defensive points some versus the past but I can't exactly remember

Slow, Live Draft Rules

The draft will take place in this thread once the league has been set up. It is a snake draft. With a couple of name free agents out there, we're probably going to wait another week or two. If nothing changes, we'll start drafting the morning of Tuesday August 18th.

There are 6 hour time limits between the hours of 8am ET and 10pm ET on weekdays. Hopefully we don't have to enforce this but we almost always have to a couple of times during the draft.

If you had more than an hour the previous night (the previous pick was made at 9pm), you get 1 hour in the morning (until 9am) to make your pick. If you had less than an hour, you have 2 hours in the morning (until 10am). We have to keep this moving and we need everyone checking every night and every morning if it's near their turn.

On weekends, we'll just go with a standard 6 hours with no morning/evening provision but let's try to keep things moving.

If there are problems in that you know your pick is coming up but you won't be online, submit a list either to myself or to a proxy drafter for you. Otherwise, you will get the next player on Yahoo's list. Maybe pick someone who is on the opposite end of the draft from you so that you likely won't be grabbing from the same pool of players anyways.

The NFL season starts Thursday September 10th. If the draft is not complete by Sunday September 6th at noon, we will have a quick live draft via AIM to complete the draft on Monday September 7th, starting at 7pm ET. Anyone who won't be able to make that will need to submit a list to me, a proxy, or have a proxy in chat (who is not in the league) to finish out their team.

If you miss more than 2 picks in the draft (i.e. time limit expired so a Yahoo rankings pick), particularly in the first 10 rounds, then you can be replaced as manager.

I hate to lay down some of these rules but we're going to be drafting 180 players so we need to get it done in a timely fashion.

IF YOU CANNOT KEEP UP WITH THIS SCHEDULE, DO NOT JOIN.

Scoring Summary

If you just want the Cliff's notes version, here it is:
* 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR as primary positions with yards weighted 30/10/8 and TDs at 5/6/6. This makes both yardage and TDs important while also making each position equally valuable.
* 2 DEF, 2 K, 2 TE as secondary positions but still worth decent points, about 2/3rds the primary positions. TEs still kindof suck but I can't do anything about that.
* Only 5 bench spots with a lot of starters so you'll have to know your team

Possible Keeper Rules

Lastly- any thoughts on a keeper league? There are 2 dangers: 1) it makes the draft less fun as there is talent out of the pool. 2) I tweak the scoring a little pretty much every season trying to get a balance so people might view that unfairly.

If we do a keeper league- it would probably be 2 players per team per year. They must be at different positions (so no keeping 2 QBs or 2 RBs). Each player would have a 2 year clock after which they would return to the draft- so if they were drafted in 2009- you would keep them this and next season and then they would go back into the draft pool.

A trade would add another year to this clock, however. So, if you traded someone in the 2010 season, they would have said player for the rest of 2010 and 2011 before he goes back into the pool. Also, the trade deadline would act as it does in baseball- after the trade deadline, there is no player trading until keepers are declared for next season. That way, you can't keep your guys for 2 years and then trade them in the offseason- you'll have to trade them in season to get the "contract" benefit.

Also, if a dead team is taken over- any expiring player has a year added to their clock. In short, that means if a new owner takes over a dead team, they also aren't having to go empty cupboard. So, if we start this year and both keepers would be in the pool after 2010, but a dead team is taken over coming into 2011- they will have the option of keeping 2 players on the roster for 1 year.

I like the idea of a rookie keeper like we have in the FOFC Keeper League but that takes a larger roster than we have here, I think.

Wrap Up

Ok, after that novella, looks like we're ready to go. Remember, until Saturday, preference goes to teams from last year but after that, it's open to anyone. Post if you want to get on the "waiting list". However, due to the league setup, there is no possible way to expand this league beyond 10 teams so it's 10 max, otherwise talent gets tremendously thin at 12 or higher. It's just not possible to have this many players and go above 10 teams.

Abstract

Here's some research I put together when I was trying to balance out the scoring system which explains why it is the way it is and gives an idea of how much players are worth.

Here are the point comparisons using the scoring system
*Freakish numbers in parens and are not included as they skew the system

Top 20 QB, 20 RB, 30 WR
QB
2008/2007 Top 10 Range (Number 1s): 314-217, (415 Brady) 314-221
2008/2007 Top 25 Range (Starters): 314-138, 314-106

RB
2008/2007 Top 10 Range (Number 1s): 299-237, 350-212
2008/2007 Top 25 Range (Starters): 299-166, 350-155

WR (larger sample)
2008/2007 Top 15 Range (Number 1s): 302-213, (373 Moss) 300-222
2008/2007 Top 40 Range (Starters): 302-137, 300-142

TE
2008/2007 Top 10 Range (Number 1s): 240-124, 231-124
2008/2007 Top 25 Range (Starters): 240-79, 231-66

K
2008/2007 Top 10 Range (Number 1s): 183-153, 173-145
2008/2007 Top 25 Range (Starters): 183-123, 173-111

DEF
2008/2007 Top 10 Range (Number 1s): 194-148, 191-151
2008/2007 Top 25 Range (Starters): 194-105, 191-111

Top 25/100 point totals in 2008/2007
25 Cutoff: 239/236
100 Cutoff: 143/132
Top 100 QB: 24/20
Top 100 RB: 32/29
Top 100 WR: 37/44
Top 100 TE: 6/8
(somehow I ended up with 99/101 above)
K (if counted): 15/18
DEF (if counted): 10/16
Top 25: 8 QB, 9 RB, 7 WR, 1 TE / 9 QB, 6 RB, 10 WR

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-14-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2009 Alternate Rules Football Draft

Teams Returning
5 sterlingice - Richmond Rhinocerii; in yahoo
3 k0ruptr - Hawaii Ha'a; in yahoo
4 Masked - Eleven Masked Men; in yahoo
9 molson - Enchanted Goats; in yahoo
8 flere-imsaho - Fiddly Cartoonists; in yahoo
1 Celeval - Creeping UDFAs; in yahoo
6 Butter_of_69 - Dayton Dynamo; in yahoo
10 Danny - Road Kill Cafe; in yahoo
7 rafini - Rafini Express; in yahoo
2 Qwikshot - Qwikshots Quivers; in yahoo

Waiting List
N/A

2009 Draft

Round 1
1. Adrian Peterson Hawaii Ha'a
2. Maurice Jones-Drew Dayton Dynamo
3. Matt Forte Qwikshots Qu...
4. Larry Fitzgerald Creeping UDFAs
5. Andre Johnson Road Kill Cafe
6. Drew Brees Enchanted Goats
7. Tom Brady Rafini Express
8. LaDainian Tomlinson Eleven Maske...
9. Peyton Manning Fiddly Carto...
10. Randy Moss Richmond Rhi...
Round 2
1. Aaron Rodgers Richmond Rhi...
2. DeAngelo Williams Fiddly Carto...
3. Steve Slaton Eleven Maske...
4. Michael Turner Rafini Express
5. Calvin Johnson Enchanted Goats
6. Steven Jackson Road Kill Cafe
7. Chris Johnson Creeping UDFAs
8. Frank Gore Qwikshots Qu...
9. Brian Westbrook Dayton Dynamo
10. Philip Rivers Hawaii Ha'a
Round 3
1. Reggie Wayne Hawaii Ha'a
2. Kurt Warner Dayton Dynamo
3. Roddy White Qwikshots Qu...
4. Tony Romo Creeping UDFAs
5. Greg Jennings Road Kill Cafe
6. Steve Smith Enchanted Goats
7. Anquan Boldin Rafini Express
8. Marques Colston Eleven Maske...
9. Matt Ryan Fiddly Carto...
10. Brandon Jacobs Richmond Rhi...
Round 4
1. Matt Schaub Richmond Rhi...
2. Jason Witten Fiddly Carto...
3. Donovan McNabb Eleven Maske...
4. Dwayne Bowe Rafini Express
5. Clinton Portis Enchanted Goats
6. Marion Barber Road Kill Cafe
7. Carson Palmer Creeping UDFAs
8. Jay Cutler Qwikshots Qu...
9. Tony Gonzalez Dayton Dynamo
10. Ronnie Brown Hawaii Ha'a
Round 5
1. Antonio Gates Hawaii Ha'a
2. Wes Welker Dayton Dynamo
3. Matt Cassel Qwikshots Qu...
4. Dallas Clark Creeping UDFAs
5. Ben Roethlisberger Road Kill Cafe
6. Eli Manning Enchanted Goats
7. Matt Hasselbeck Rafini Express
8. Terrell Owens Eleven Maske...
9. Ryan Grant Fiddly Carto...
10. Kevin Smith Richmond Rhi...
Round 6
1. Chad Ochocinco Richmond Rhi...
2. T.J. Houshmandzadeh Fiddly Carto...
3. Jeremy Shockey Eleven Maske...
4. Pierre Thomas Rafini Express
5. Darren McFadden Enchanted Goats
6. Roy Williams Road Kill Cafe
7. Kellen Winslow Creeping UDFAs
8. Anthony Gonzalez Qwikshots Qu...
9. Vincent Jackson Dayton Dynamo
10. David Garrard Hawaii Ha'a
Round 7
1. DeSean Jackson Hawaii Ha'a
2. Pittsburgh Dayton Dynamo
3. Eddie Royal Qwikshots Qu...
4. Brandon Marshall Creeping UDFAs
5. Greg Olsen Road Kill Cafe
6. Owen Daniels Enchanted Goats
7. Chris Cooley Rafini Express
8. Reggie Bush Eleven Maske...
9. Braylon Edwards Fiddly Carto...
10. Trent Edwards Richmond Rhi...
Round 8
1. John Carlson Richmond Rhi...
2. Anthony Fasano Fiddly Carto...
3. Kyle Orton Eleven Maske...
4. Larry Johnson Rafini Express
5. Zach Miller Enchanted Goats
6. Santonio Holmes Road Kill Cafe
7. Lee Evans Creeping UDFAs
8. Dustin Keller Qwikshots Qu...
9. Chad Pennington Dayton Dynamo
10. Hines Ward Hawaii Ha'a
Round 9
1. Torry Holt Hawaii Ha'a
2. Santana Moss Dayton Dynamo
3. Ray Rice Qwikshots Qu...
4. Joseph Addai Creeping UDFAs
5. Knowshon Moreno Road Kill Cafe
6. Marshawn Lynch Enchanted Goats
7. Antonio Bryant Rafini Express
8. Bo Scaife Eleven Maske...
9. Derrick Mason Fiddly Carto...
10. Bernard Berrian Richmond Rhi...
Round 10
1. Kevin Walter Richmond Rhi...
2. Devin Hester Fiddly Carto...
3. Jerricho Cotchery Eleven Maske...
4. Brett Favre Rafini Express
5. Laveranues Coles Enchanted Goats
6. Joe Flacco Road Kill Cafe
7. Willie Parker Creeping UDFAs
8. Donald Brown Qwikshots Qu...
9. Visanthe Shiancoe Dayton Dynamo
10. Thomas Jones Hawaii Ha'a
Round 11
1. Jason Campbell Hawaii Ha'a
2. Jake Delhomme Dayton Dynamo
3. Lance Moore Qwikshots Qu...
4. New York Creeping UDFAs
5. Shaun Hill Road Kill Cafe
6. JaMarcus Russell Enchanted Goats
7. Donald Driver Rafini Express
8. Tennessee Eleven Maske...
9. Cedric Benson Fiddly Carto...
10. Beanie Wells Richmond Rhi...
Round 12
1. Felix Jones Richmond Rhi...
2. Brent Celek Fiddly Carto...
3. Steve Breaston Eleven Maske...
4. LenDale White Rafini Express
5. Fred Jackson Enchanted Goats
6. Heath Miller Road Kill Cafe
7. Minnesota Creeping UDFAs
8. Brady Quinn Qwikshots Qu...
9. Ted Ginn Jr. Dayton Dynamo
10. Baltimore Hawaii Ha'a
Round 13
1. Kevin Boss Hawaii Ha'a
2. Derrick Ward Dayton Dynamo
3. Philadelphia Qwikshots Qu...
4. Chris Henry Creeping UDFAs
5. Donnie Avery Road Kill Cafe
6. LeSean McCoy Enchanted Goats
7. New England Rafini Express
8. Marc Bulger Eleven Maske...
9. Stephen Gostkowski Fiddly Carto...
10. Dallas Richmond Rhi...
Round 14
1. Green Bay Richmond Rhi...
2. Chicago Fiddly Carto...
3. New York Eleven Maske...
4. San Diego Rafini Express
5. Carolina Enchanted Goats
6. Rob Bironas Road Kill Cafe
7. Darren Sproles Creeping UDFAs
8. Jason Elam Qwikshots Qu...
9. Miami Dayton Dynamo
10. David Akers Hawaii Ha'a
Round 15
1. Julius Jones Hawaii Ha'a
2. Nate Kaeding Dayton Dynamo
3. Vernon Davis Qwikshots Qu...
4. Mark Sanchez Creeping UDFAs
5. Mason Crosby Road Kill Cafe
6. Jamal Lewis Enchanted Goats
7. Percy Harvin Rafini Express
8. Ryan Longwell Eleven Maske...
9. Neil Rackers Fiddly Carto...
10. Kris Brown Richmond Rhi...
Round 16
1. Tim Hightower Richmond Rhi...
2. Washington Fiddly Carto...
3. Fred Taylor Eleven Maske...
4. Robbie Gould Rafini Express
5. Nick Folk Enchanted Goats
6. Leon Washington Road Kill Cafe
7. Josh Brown Creeping UDFAs
8. John Kasay Qwikshots Qu...
9. Kerry Collins Dayton Dynamo
10. Buffalo Hawaii Ha'a
Round 17
1. Matt Prater Hawaii Ha'a
2. Joe Nedney Dayton Dynamo
3. Tampa Bay Qwikshots Qu...
4. Troy Williamson Creeping UDFAs
5. Indianapolis Road Kill Cafe
6. Seattle Enchanted Goats
7. John Carney Rafini Express
8. A.J. Feeley Eleven Maske...
9. Domenik Hixon Fiddly Carto...
10. Jermichael Finley Richmond Rhi...
Round 18
1. Adam Vinatieri Richmond Rhi...
2. Matthew Stafford Fiddly Carto...
3. Josh Morgan Eleven Maske...
4. Tony Scheffler Rafini Express
5. Lawrence Tynes Enchanted Goats
6. Chester Taylor Road Kill Cafe
7. Daniel Graham Creeping UDFAs
8. Isaac Bruce Qwikshots Qu...
9. Michael Jenkins Dayton Dynamo
10. Muhsin Muhammad Hawaii Ha'a

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-05-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2007 Alternate Rules Football

2007 League Info

Thread

League ID#: 210962
League Name: FOFC Hardcore
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....e/fofchardcore
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Aug 25 7:30pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: November 16, 2007
Waiver Time: 1 day
Roster Positions: QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, TE, W/R, K, K, DEF, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (30 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (12 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (5)
Receptions (0.5)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (5)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (4)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (4)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (4)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (5)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (6)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-1)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-1)
Sack (1)
Interception (1.5)
Fumble Recovery (1.5)
Touchdown (5)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (1)
Points Allowed 0 points (12)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (10)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (5)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (2)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-2)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-5)
Fractional Points: Yes

Rank Team W-L-T Pct Pts Streak Waiver Moves
*1. Louisiana Cyclones! 8-6-0 .571 1924.58 L-3 2 6
*2. Hawaii Haka 10-4-0 .714 2022.22 W-2 7 19
*3. Houston Hippopotami 10-4-0 .714 2014.70 L-1 6 25
*4. Little Macs 10-4-0 .714 2131.11 W-1 1 13
5. Autodraft Dookies 6-8-0 .429 1870.13 W-1 8 16
6. Tazmaniacs 7-7-0 .500 2186.04 W-3 4 21
7. Philly Chumps 7-7-0 .500 2029.25 W-1 5 20
8. Eleven Masked Men 5-9-0 .357 1676.05 L-2 10 26
9. Dunwoody Dolphins 4-10-0 .286 1552.32 L-1 3 2
10. Enchanted Goats 3-11-0 .214 1854.63 L-1 9 50
Week 15
(Dec 11 - Dec 17)
Week 16
(Dec 18 - Dec 24)
Semifinal

(1) Little Macs109.08
(4) Louisiana Cyclones!128.82

Semifinal

(2) Hawaii Haka121.79
(3) Houston Hippopotami110.58

Final

(4) Louisiana Cyclones!135.75
(2) Hawaii Haka131.74

League Champion

Louisiana Cyclones!
2nd
Hawaii Haka
3rd
Houston Hippopotami
4th
Little Macs

3rd Place Game

(1) Little Macs73.48
(3) Houston Hippopotami140.97

Week 15
(Dec 11 - Dec 17)
Week 16
(Dec 18 - Dec 24)
Semifinal

(5) Tazmaniacs174.58
(8) Eleven Masked Men85.01

Semifinal

(6) Philly Chumps118.98
(7) Autodraft Dookies130.67

5th Place Game

(5) Tazmaniacs162.32
(7) Autodraft Dookies174.88

7th Place Game

(8) Eleven Masked Men97.72
(6) Philly Chumps158.81

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-14-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2006 Alternate Rules Football

2006 League Info

Thread

League ID#: 202492
League Name: FOFCs Alternate Rules
Draft Time: Sat Aug 19 12:30pm CDT
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: November 17, 2006
Roster Positions: QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, K, DEF, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (40 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (15 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (5)
Reception Touchdowns (5)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles (-1)
Fumbles Lost (-1)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (5)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (6)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (0)
Point After Attempt Missed (-1)
Sack (1)
Interception (1)
Fumble Recovery (1)
Touchdown (5)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Return Yards (100 yards per point)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (5)
Points Allowed 0 points (15)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (10)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (5)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (2)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-2)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-5)
Fractional Points: No

*1. Marino Gets a Title 9-5-0 .643 1363 W-2 8 14
*2. Houston Hippopotami 8-6-0 .571 1556 W-1 10 31
*3. Eleven Masked Men 11-3-0 .786 1596 L-2 2 20
*4. Rafini Express 9-5-0 .643 1477 W-2 5 5
5. Fremont 49ers 4-9-1 .321 1279 L-1 4 5
6. Enchanted Goats 8-6-0 .571 1381 W-1 7 51
7. Philly Chumps 8-6-0 .571 1543 W-2 6 12
8. Wasabi AK 6-7-1 .464 1430 L-1 3 31
9. Poison Pills 4-10-0 .286 1320 L-1 1 11
10. WrongWay's Dead Team 2-12-0 .143 1153 L-7 9 5
Week 15
(Dec 12 - Dec 18)
Week 16
(Dec 19 - Dec 25)

Semifinal(1) Eleven Masked Men(4) Houston Hippopotami
Semifinal(2) Rafini Express(3) Marino Gets a Title
Final(4) Houston Hippopotami(3) Marino Gets a Title
League Champion(3) Marino Gets a Title

3rd Place Game(1) Eleven Masked Men(2) Rafini Express
3rd Place Winner(1) Eleven Masked Men

Week 15
(Dec 12 - Dec 18)
Week 16
(Dec 19 - Dec 25)

Semifinal(5) Philly Chumps(8) Fremont 49ers
Semifinal(6) Enchanted Goats(7) Wasabi AK
5th Place Game(8) Fremont 49ers(6) Enchanted Goats
5th Place Winner(8) Fremont 49ers

7th Place Game(5) Philly Chumps(7) Wasabi AK
7th Place Winner(5) Philly Chumps

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-14-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2005 Alternate Rules Football

2005 League Info

Thread

League ID#: 428777
League Name: FOFC
Draft Time: Tue Aug 30 8:00pm CDT
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: November 25, 2005
Roster Positions: QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (5)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (15 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (5)
Reception Touchdowns (5)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-1)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Sack (1)
Interception (1)
Fumble Recovery (1)
Touchdown (5)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Return Yards (100 yards per point)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (5)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (8)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (6)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (4)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (2)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (0)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-2)
Fractional Points: No

Rank Team W-L-T Pct Pts Streak Waiver Moves
*1. Rafini Express 11-3-0 .786 1462 W-4 9 15
*2. Houston Hippopotami 10-3-1 .750 1320 W-1 6 33
*3. Philly Chumps 8-6-0 .571 1216 L-1 10 10
*4. Tazmaniacs 7-7-0 .500 1296 L-4 7 10
5. Eleven Masked Men 6-8-0 .429 1142 L-3 4 12
6. You done did it 6-8-0 .429 1025 W-4 1 3
7. bbors 6-8-0 .429 1172 W-2 3 5
8. Jeeber's Sucky Team 7-7-0 .500 1267 W-1 5 10
9. Team Pennywise 4-9-1 .321 1058 L-1 8 16
10. Cowering Whities 4-10-0 .286 954 L-2 2 -

Week 15
(Dec 13 - Dec 19)
Week 16
(Dec 20 - Dec 26)

Semifinal(1) Rafini Express(4) Tazmaniacs
Semifinal(2) Houston Hippopotami(3) Philly Chumps
Final(1) Rafini Express(2) Houston Hippopotami
League Champion(1) Rafini Express

3rd Place Game(4) Tazmaniacs(3) Philly Chumps
3rd Place Winner(3) Philly Chumps

Week 15
(Dec 13 - Dec 19)
Week 16
(Dec 20 - Dec 26)

Semifinal(5) Jeeber's Sucky Team(8) You done did it
Semifinal(6) bbors(7) Eleven Masked Men
5th Place Game(8) You done did it(7) Eleven Masked Men
5th Place Winner(7) Eleven Masked Men

7th Place Game(5) Jeeber's Sucky Team(6) bbors
7th Place Winner(6) bbors

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-14-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #7
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

When you sign up, post a team name and number between 1 and 10 that hasn't already been chosen. I have a list of 10 numbers in a text file on my desktop and it will be the draft order- the unpicked number is mine.

If you are returning- go ahead and join the Yahoo league. If you are on the waiting list, please wait until after Saturday at midnight so we know we have a spot for you.

Again, remember- this is a slow draft online so you need to be able to check during the day or give a list pretty much every day for usually about 2 weeks. If you cannot do this, do not join!

Ok, it's time to bump this thread! Signups are underway!

Returning players from 2007 need to post a draft number here as well as a keeper vote.

Players wanting to join the waiting list also should post here and will know by Saturday at midnight if they have made it in.

Again, I can't stress this enough- look at the rules as there's a reason it's called Alternate Rules. The draft is a slow, live draft on the board with 6 hour intervals as well as shorter time limits in the morning. It requires you to be able to check online steadily for about 2 straight weeks.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-14-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #8
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

flere has indicated to me via PM that he wanted to be on the waiting list for the league. You can see where I've started the list in the third post.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-14-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #9
molson
General Manager

It's a greast setup - the slow draft kind of scares me to death though, I'll have to think about it.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #10
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Basically, you can get away with checking every morning (after 8) and every evening if you're willing to do small lists. But it helps a lot if you check during the day.

SI

Old 08-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #11
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I have an interest, but reading this, the draft will take place during the week, weekends are free? I get busy on the weekends.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #12
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The draft still goes on the weekends but there isn't the morning time clock. It's just a simple 6 hour clock. That said, we don't typically move that quickly over the weekends.

SI

Old 08-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #13
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I'm in again - Hawaii Ha'a
I'm gonna vote no on Keeper league

Number: 3

Last edited by k0ruptr : 08-14-2009 at 01:33 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #14
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I've read through it 3 times, I must be retarded, but I see the post where it says if you are a returning player, go ahead and join the yahoo league. But alas I cannot find a link. lol.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #15
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Whoops- my bad. It helps if I include said link to the rules and league

That's in the first post now

SI

Old 08-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #16
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

ok, man I really thought I was blind. haha thanks SI
Old 08-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #17
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Dola, Got it, I'm in!

I won't finish in 2nd this year, it's first or last for me! lol
Old 08-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #18
molson
General Manager

Ah, hell with it, I'm in. Enchanted Goats in for a third year. This league's too good to pass up.

Number 9

Last edited by molson : 08-15-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #19
Masked
College Starter

I'm back.

Last edited by Masked : 08-15-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #20
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Great to see people back in!

Masked- I need a number from you for the draft

molson- feel free to join the Yahoo league since you're in

flere- you're also in since it's about 30 minutes to midnight and I kindof doubt we'll be getting a flood of players to fill the gap by then.

I have updated the draft post with the players information.

After midnight tonight, players are free to join the league. Please post here first with your draft number and team name

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-15-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #21
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Great to see people back in!

Masked- I need a number from you for the draft

SI

Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #22
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

CHEER!

8 flere-imsaho Fiddly Cartoonists
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #23
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

dola,

Would it be safe to assume we'll be starting the draft later as we don't have a full roster of owners yet?

Also, would it be OK if I plan to set up a full preference list on Yahoo and let it pick automatically for me? I ask because my wife is out of town this week and with only me with the baby, time will be at a premium.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #24
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, it looks like we'll be delayed a little bit as we're only half full.

flere- you can join the league in Yahoo at this point. As for the draft list, since it's a slow, live draft that takes place offline, we don't do the draft in yahoo. It happens in the thread. So putting a list into Yahoo doesn't help. Usually what we do in that case- if someone can't pick, ask in the thread for someone who can pick from your list for you. Typically this would be someone at the other end of the draft so there is no potential conflict of interest. That said, at this rate, we may not be starting until next week- it's not that big of a deal as this draft is 18x10 picks long.

Post 3 has been updated with all of the teams. Looking to fill out the league- check the instructions, put the required information in a post (team name and unpicked number 1-10), and join up

SI

Old 08-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #25
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I highly suggest people join this league, its not your run of the mill FF league, Its fun and highly competitive. Get in here people!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #26
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
I highly suggest people join this league, its not your run of the mill FF league, Its fun and highly competitive. Get in here people!

+1

It's a fun setup. You won't regret it. Bunch of slackers.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #27
Celeval
Pro Starter

WTH, why not. I'm in.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:21 AM   #28
Butter
Coordinator

I'm in.

I'll take number 6.

I vote "yes" to keeper.

Last edited by Butter : 08-18-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:47 AM   #29
Danny
Head Coach

I was looking for one other league in addition to the werewolf one and I like the scoring and position requirements here a lot, so I am in with #10
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:07 AM   #30
rafini
High School JV

If you still have an opening I'll get back in the league.
rafini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:55 AM   #31
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

rafini, Danny, Butter_of_69, Celeval- welcome or welcome back! We have open spots for all of you. Put in a post with your team name and number if you haven't already. Then add yourself to the Yahoo league.

flere- go ahead and add yourself to the Yahoo league, too.

Also, any thoughts on a keeper format? As it seems like we're having a lot of new owners and no real chatter about it- I'm leaning towards "no"

It looks like we'll be starting the draft next Monday, with a soft draft period over the weekend. We now have 9 spots spoken for so there's still one opening left. Try to get signed up as soon as possible and into the Yahoo league.

SI

Old 08-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #32
Butter
Coordinator

My team name is Dayton Dynamo... posted the other stuff earlier.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #33
rafini
High School JV

Rafini Express
rafini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #34
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

OK, I signed up on Yahoo.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #35
Danny
Head Coach

Team name Road Kill Cafe, I signed up on yahoo.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #36
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Celeval- can you pick one of the numbers that is still left (1/2/5) for draft order and sign up in Yahoo.

We still have 1 spot open as well.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-18-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #37
Danny
Head Coach

One more spot to fill!

Regarding keeper I am alright either way since it's only a small number. I would not be in favor of a lot of keepers.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #38
Butter
Coordinator

C'mon people. I'm sure one more person hasn't met their fantasy football quota.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #39
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

To be fair, this one requires people to do their homework

SI

Old 08-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #40
Danny
Head Coach

But you can kind of do your homework as you go at least
Old 08-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #41
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, Yahoo leagues make it easy. That and being a slow live draft

SI

Old 08-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #42
Butter
Coordinator

What, there's homework involved? I'm out.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #43
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, not really homework, per se. It's more about looking at the rules and adjusting your picks accordingly.

SI

Old 08-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #44
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I will step up to the challenge...the Quivers are ready, and a terrible football name, I'll change it shortly...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 08-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #45
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, looks like we have 10.

Still need a couple of little things:
*Qwikshot- pick a number (1/2/5); it will help determine your draft order (notes explain this)
*Celeval- you also need to pick a number and join the league in Yahoo

Once those are done, I'll post the draft order. Then, we can start the soft draft. From whenever that is until Monday, we can start drafting with no time limit at all. Starting next Monday, we will go on the slow, live draft schedule.

Everyone check out the rules (2 QB, lots of extra positions, rebalanced points, etc) and the draft schedule (6 hr limit, 1/2 in mornings). Both are what make this "Alternate Rules".

Looks like we will be sticking with a yearly draft. That's ok- the draft is the most fun part of this so it's cool to keep it for the entire league every year.

SI

Old 08-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #46
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Old 08-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #47
Celeval
Pro Starter

Number one in your program, number one in your hearts.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #48
Celeval
Pro Starter

FYI, tomorrow I'm going to be afk all day, but will be good to go for drafting after that.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:20 AM   #49
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm all for next Monday drafting as I'm spotty this week.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #50
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I guess that makes me #5

Here's the draft order. I'll have a post below this with the names filled in and I'll update it above

SI