Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-03-2003, 12:10 AM   #1
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Angry Bush Appoints Another Moonie

What the hell is going on with the Bush folks. I thought appointing one Moonie to run Americorp was bad, but now Bush has appointed Josette Shiner to be Deputy Trade Representative. Moonies in our frickin government? What were the Raelians busy?

For those who don't know anything about the Moonies let me give you some insight. The Rev. Sun Myung Moon is the spiritual head of this cult that has this tp say about Christianity, "God is now throwing Christianity away and is now establishing a new religion, and this new religion is the Unification Church. All the Christians of the world are destined to be absorbed by our movement."

He has also called for, "an automatic theocracy to rule the world", he has said that the holocaust is a down payment from God to the Jews for killing Christ, has called homosexuals, "dung-eating dogs", says American women have, "inherited the lineage of prostitutes, and has ruminated on whether a holy man's anus is in fact a holy anus.

This guy is dangerous and runs a cult that has been investigated by congress for it brainwashing tactics. Now his folowers are being given government jobs? Would we give government jobs to the Raelians or the Krishnas? I have no more capacity to believe the crap that this administration can get away with. I for one will do my best to point out how disturbed this really is.

BTW- Moon is now calling for an end to the use of the cross and for Christians to see that Jesus was a failure and that Moon is the true messiah. Go here to learn more about his "Tear Down the Cross" initiative.

Tear Down The Cross

JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:43 AM   #2
astralhaze
College Prospect

He also owns one of the Washington papers, can't remember the name right off hand, that is well known for its conservative slant.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:01 AM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

That would be the Washington Times.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 03:14 AM   #4
Airhog
Captain Obvious

And we move one step closer towards a one-world order, and the band marches on...

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:44 AM   #5
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally posted by Airhog
And we move one step closer towards a one-world order, and the band marches on...

I would tell you more about it, but the implant in my brain will not let me.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 10:54 AM   #6
Tarkus
High School Varsity

The even scarier thing is that someone can say that crap and have any kind of following.

Tarkus
Old 04-03-2003, 11:08 AM   #7
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Tarkus: That's what the brainwashing is for!
Old 04-03-2003, 11:09 AM   #8
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tarkus
The even scarier thing is that someone can say that crap and have any kind of following.

Tarkus

Oh heck, just look at the kind of filth, trash, and baloney that Rush, Hannity, and other right wing bastards say every day.

Oh wait.. I'm logged in as CamEdwards, not andym.

nevermind.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:27 AM   #9
Tarkus
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards
Oh heck, just look at the kind of filth, trash, and baloney that Rush, Hannity, and other right wing bastards say every day.

Oh wait.. I'm logged in as CamEdwards, not andym.

nevermind.

hehehe

Tarkus
Old 04-03-2003, 11:34 AM   #10
Bee
Pro Starter

Since when did one's religious beliefs have any impact on whether they were qualified for a government job? As long as he doesn't start trying to convert people (or preach or whatever they do) on the job, I couldn't care less what his religious beliefs are.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 11:56 AM   #11
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Bee: This is a cult that has called for a wone-world theocracy, called America "Satan's Harvest", and its leader has made it clear he seeks a take over of the US government by his followers.

"Let's say there are 500 sons and daughters like you in each State. Then we could control the Government."

"If the U.S. continues its corruption, and we find among the Senators and Congressmen no one really usable for our purposes we can make Senators and Congressmen out of our members."

This isn't a variant religion, its a mind control cult with a leader bent on world domination. He's anti-democracy, anti-US, and calls for the elimination of individualism. Given what Moon has said, I'm not comfortable with his followers taking positions in our government, and anyone who loves the US Constitution shouldn't be.

Here's hoping that government appointees that follow a man that calls for the destruction of democracy cause outrage among the same folks that call any anti-war protestors traitors.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:54 PM   #12
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, talk about hypocritical. The same people defending de Genova for his statements and saying he shouldn't lose his job are now complaining about someone getting a job that has views that may differ from their own.

What happened to the freedom of speach cries? Is that only used when it's convenient to the arguement?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 01:00 PM   #13
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
If the moonies avodcate the overthrow of the govt. or is a racial hate group then Josette Shiner should not be an employee. (assuming Shiner is a moonie)
Old 04-03-2003, 01:13 PM   #14
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Damn, did I miss the news? Did we lose to Iraq? What is the official list of groups who can't work for the government? Where did racial hate groups come in to this picture?

We're jumping on her and I see nothing that even says that she is a Moonie. She does have a quite impressive resume, but I guess that should be overlooked on the possibility that she is a moonie.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 01:14 PM   #15
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by EagleFan
Damn, did I miss the news? Did we lose to Iraq? What is the official list of groups who can't work for the government? Where did racial hate groups come in to this picture?

Those are conditions for working for the fed.
Old 04-03-2003, 01:37 PM   #16
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally posted by JPhillips
Tarkus: That's what the brainwashing is for!

Dananananananananananananananana

BATMAN!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 05:28 PM   #17
CAsterling
High School JV

Re: Bush Appoints Another Moonie

Quote:
Originally posted by JPhillips
He has ruminated on whether a holy man's anus is in fact a holy anus.

Did he come up with an answer to this one

Another fuss about nothing - the US goverment is headed up by an ex-coke freak who became a born again Christian, shit that scares more more than a moonie ever could

Maybe in 1000 years the moonies may be the dominent religion of the western world, remember Christanity started small - just because its big now doesn't mean it can't be replaced.

I love the assumption that just because its not the norm it must be subversive/wrong/evil/un-american/undemocratic etc.
Freedom for everybody, but only if they conform
Old 04-03-2003, 06:01 PM   #18
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Re: Re: Bush Appoints Another Moonie

Quote:
Originally posted by CAsterling
I love the assumption that just because its not the norm it must be subversive/wrong/evil/un-american/undemocratic etc.
Freedom for everybody, but only if they conform

What if non-conformists become the norm
Old 04-03-2003, 06:20 PM   #19
CAsterling
High School JV

Re: Re: Re: Bush Appoints Another Moonie

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
What if non-conformists become the norm

Then I'm screwed - I've had a great time being a non-conformist and if we become the norm my life will get very boring very fast.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:09 PM   #20
sabotai
General Manager

"As long as he doesn't start trying to convert people (or preach or whatever they do) on the job"

Just like John Ascroft?
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 11:39 PM   #21
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Eaglefan: I actually said that I hoped the alumni would put enough pressure on Columbia so that they get rid of De Genova. I only "defended" him by saying that his fear for his life was reasonable and didn't make him a pussy.

Also, according to the May 1994 Unification News Shiner has been a member of the Unification Church since 1975. During an interview with another church member she said, "When I was a young member of the Unification Church, I spent many hours praying in the chapel upstairs and never dreamed I'd be invited back to speak." So I think that pretty well proves she is a member. I assume she doesn't put it on her resume because it will, or at least should, cause problems.

CASterling: I'm not saying the Moonies are unAmerican because they are different, I'm saying they are unAmerican because their leader has publicly called for the destruction of our government and the subjugation of our liberties. For example Moon has said,

"America has become the kingdom of individualism, and its people are individualists...You must realize that America has become the kingdom of Satan."

and

?Americans who continue to maintain their privacy and extreme individualism are foolish people...Once you have this great power of love, which is big enough to swallow entire America, there may be some individuals who complain inside your stomach. However, they will be digested.?

and

"The whole world is in my hand, and I will conquer and subjugate the world."

and finally

"What does God hate the most? He hates individualism the most."

I don't think people who follow a leader that calls for an end to the freedoms and liberties we enjoy as Americans should be serving in the federal government. While I find Moon to be a nutjob, I really am not opposed to him and his followers based on his religious ideas. I'm opposed to him and his followers because they brainwash and abuse followers, call the holocaust a payment or "indemnity" for killing Christ, and worst of all call for the destruction of American ideals and values so that they can replace them with their own one world government.

Moon is dangerous plain and simple, former cultists have said so, investigative reporters have said so, and Congress in the seventies said so. All of the conservatives who have taken his money are fools. They are willing to go half way around the globe to fight for our freedom, but they welcome with open arms a man who has called America, "Satan's Harvest." They should be ashamed, and they should be told that we won't allow Moon's followers to run our government.