Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Outlook '07 Question...

So I am starting to use outlook at my house to keep all my contacts and calender more organized, figured I'd use it for email as well... I use gmail (which I love but figure if I have outlook open all the time might as well let it look for emails for me.

When I installed it on my desktop last week it got all my old emails- took a while, but went back and got them from day 1. Well the video card on the desktop went out over the weekend so now I install Outlook 07 on the laptop, it went and got my emails since sunday- but won't go back any further than that. Is there a simple setting I'm missing, how can I make it go pull them all from day 1?

Last edited by Doug5984 : 05-29-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Dola- now that I think about it, my desktop downloaded all the gmail messages on saturday- my laptop goes back to sunday.

Does it somehow know that they were already downloaded, and that is why it won't get them? Shouldn't it be possible to sync outlook on 2 computers?
Old 05-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

in your advanced settings of your account options, you want to check "leave a copy of messages on the server". it's unchecked by default, and I'm not sure there's an easy way to get the already downloaded messages back if they aren't appearing in gmail.

I also usually have the emails deleted after 30 days and removed when deleted from deleted items. I think those should all be relatively self explanatory, but let me know if I need to explain it better.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #4
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Hmm- changed both of those settings to what you said, and it's still not wanting to go back and get emails pre-sunday
Old 05-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
gstelmack
Pro Starter

That's probably because it deleted them when you downloaded them to your local computer.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
That's probably because it deleted them when you downloaded them to your local computer.

They are still in my gmail... I can read them there. I guess it is not a big deal, if I need an old one I know where to find it, just would've been nice to get them all in the same spot.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:34 AM   #7
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Ah, interesting, usually the option deletes them so the server mailbox doesn't fill up.