Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2003, 08:19 PM   #1
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

RB Rockets Baseball

The baseball season started off with a bang over Spring Break. I wasn't there for the first game. We lost 9-7, but made a come back to make it that close.

Tomorrow is the Home Opener. We play Wilmot.

I play on the freshman baseball team. Most of us have played together ever since we started playing baseball. Not to say we get along, but we know each other pretty well. The last two years most of us have played on a traveling baseball team. We haven't been the greatest, but we did win.

We have quite a few personalities on this team. I will only give first names.

Meet the Team

Jake- Funny guy, not quite punctual, not the brightest. But still a decent catcher. He can also play left, but since we need a catcher he is stenciled in there. For hitting, it is pretty much "Go BIG or go home." His swing is upwards, and when he gets a hold of it, he has HR potential. However this is rare. Usually it is a strikeout or a high pop up.

Mike- Big guy. He is slow. In the field he has a pretty good glove. He is good at scooping balls thrown to him. However his slow speed affects him. For hitting, Mike is good. He is slow so he won't chug the extra base, isn't a steal threat, but can hit a solid ball. Get's a lot of singles, and doubles, and occasionally HR's.

Robby- Quiet kid. He is a good player. He can play the infield, pitch, and play outfield. Good accuracy on his throws, doesn't make many errors. Hitting, he is average. Sometimes he hits solidly, otherwise not so good.

Gerry- His ummm sexuality is in question by many players of the team. He is below average, and has trouble with his accuracy and fielding. But he throws hard, so the coach threw him into shortstop. Hitting he stinks. He has a few good games, but otherwise is an out.

Brian- Another quiet kid. Still yet to see him during a game, so I'll keep the scouting report until after the game.

Sean- Same as Brian. Haven't seen him play. Have no clue if he is any good.

Daniel (me)- I can make a great diving catch at one time then miss a bouncer to the outfield. The routine stuff is what worries me, I have too much time to think about it. At bat, I am below average. I'm good for squeeze plays, and bunting. I have been getting better, though. This year I might do good. Usually I bat towards the end of the lineup.

Erik- AKA (kerillini)- He makes the switch from catcher to outfield this year. Is a good fielder, and a lead-off hitter.

Jamie- Good at catching the ball, but sometimes lets easy ones go through. His accuracry from the outfield is questionable. Hitting is a hit or miss with him. Some days he can be good, and uses his speed, sometimes he stinks.

Eric- Sucks.

Casey- Haven't seen him play.

Brett- Utility player. Hitting is suspect. Can pitch decently.

Projected Starting Line-up vs. Wilmot-

C- Jake
1B- Mike
2B- Casey
SS- Gerry
3B- Robby
RF- Sean or me. Depends on if Jamie plays.
CF- Me or Jamie. Depends on if he plays.
LF- Erik
P-Brett
Coach- Farrell

illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 10:39 PM   #2
JeeberD
General Manager

What does RB stand for? When I lived in Germany I lived in a housing area called Robinson Barracks, or RB for short. Some of my greatest sports moments were when I played for RB...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:22 AM   #3
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

It stands for Richmond-Burton.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:54 PM   #4
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Daniel (Questionable)-migraine
Erik (Questionable)-day-day with eye infection.

The bats, wouldn't get a going, and the Wilmot pitcher was too much. We got slaughtered by a team that fielded at least 15 errors. Some notble Wilmot errors include, a dropped throw to first from pitcher, and an underthrow dropped from second to first. the Rockets pitcing never really got it together, and the starting pitcher threw 28 balls, and 7 strikes in the second inning. I walked once, Mike, Erik, Jamie reached base on error, and Gerry got the one base hit for our team. Final score: 12-2.

Next up- Zion Benton, Saturday
Home doubleheader.