Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Oprah gives away KFC!

KFC - Unthink what you thought about KFC

Coupon available for printing from 9 a.m. CDT on May 5, 2009 to 11:59 p.m. CDT on May 6, 2009. Coupon is redeemable at participating KFC® locations in the United States from May 5, 2009 to May 19, 2009 – excluding Mother’s Day, May 10, 2009.

2 pieces grilled, 2 sides and a biscuit.

Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I didn't even know she owned KFC.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I hope that KFC learns from Popeyes' mistake.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

And points people to download a program that could have spyware/malware in it. The program you download from coupons.com is hard to completely remove, as you know they have to stay resident to try and prevent you from printing more coupons constantly.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #5
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Fuzzy Zoeller approves.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Boy, times are tough. From giving away cars to chicken. I guess Oprah had a bit too much wealth tied up in real estate

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Fuzzy Zoeller approves.

Only if it's "Original Recipe" and fried...none of that grilled shit.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #8
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Only if it's "Original Recipe" and fried...none of that grilled shit.

Good point. It didn't say anything about how the greens are cooked either. Or how the watermelon is sliced.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-06-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #9
Logan
Head Coach

Thread title is all wrong. She's giving away KGC. Have you seen her lately? She's clearly keeping all the KFC.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #10
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Thread title is all wrong. She's giving away KGC. Have you seen her lately? She's clearly keeping all the KFC.

Ed McMahon: HEY-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Tried this a couple of weeks ago. I approve. Got the white meat, took off the skin, ordered green beans and mashed potatoes (which I believe at the least caloric of the sides), threw away the biscuit. Would definitely consider getting a bucket and eating it over a few days on salads, etc.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #12
MJ4H
Coordinator

I've never met anyone that actually needs lessons on how to eat KFC???
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Tried this a couple of weeks ago. I approve. Got the white meat, took off the skin, ordered green beans and mashed potatoes (which I believe at the least caloric of the sides), threw away the biscuit. Would definitely consider getting a bucket and eating it over a few days on salads, etc.

If you took off the skin you might as well have eaten the bucket.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-06-2009 at 01:32 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #14
Ksyrup

I never eat the skin. I'm trying to be all healthy like these days. Meaning, I'm getting sick of having to lose 50+ pounds every 3 years. So no skin on chicken is a pretty small price to pay, IMO.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-06-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I never eat the skin. I'm trying to be all healthy like these days. Meaning, I'm getting sick of having to lose 50+ pounds every 3 years. So no skin on chicken is a pretty small price to pay, IMO.

Skinless KFC just seems a lot like my parents with the Caffeine Free Diet Coke. If you're gonna do that (the CFDC) why not just drink water?
Old 05-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #16
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

If you have to remove the skin off of a KFC chicken, then you shouldn't eat there.

You're essentially paying for the 11 herbs and spices.... which is mostly marinated on the skin.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #17
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I'm obviously doing something wrong here. I remove the skin and eat it and leave the chicken on the plate.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #18
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Skinless KFC just seems a lot like my parents with the Caffeine Free Diet Coke. If you're gonna do that (the CFDC) why not just drink water?

+1 There are other places to eat, which make the food healthy to begin with. Why bother going to KFC if you're eating healthy?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #19
Ksyrup

I remove the skin off of all chicken I eat, KFC or otherwise. When I buy rotisserie at the grocery store, I remove it. There aren't many (any that I can think of) fast food chicken places that do grilled/rotisserie chicken, healthy or not. Every now and then I'd like chicken, so I'm happy KFC offers a grilled alternative.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #20
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

Having tasted the chicken...

1. It is not grilled, it is rotisserie chicken akin to Boston Market

2. Where the hell are all the herbs and spices that are prominently displayed on the commercial?

3. One and a half grill marks on a chicken breast will not do...

4. The chicken wing that accompanied the breast was literally the size of a newborn baby's fist

Overall a healthy alternative to fried chicken but I am thoroughly unimpressed...Popeye's WINS!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #21
Ksyrup

I agree about the wing. I thought maybe I just got a small one, but no, they seem to have cornered the market on cornish game hen wings or something.

Popeye's has grilled/rotisserie?

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-06-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #22
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

No they don't, its just the fact that as rarely as I eat fried chicken I have no qualms going the unhealthy route and choosing my favorite...Popeyes. That and the fact I'm only 23 and have good metabolism.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:44 PM   #23
Ksyrup

I have to stay away from it all. And we don't have Boston Market here.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #24
JediKooter
Coordinator

I broke down the other day and tried the grilled chicken at KFC...don't bother, it was absolutely horrible. Has very little to no flavor. Stick with original or extra crispy for a satisfying KFC experience.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:34 PM   #25
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

I love the wings at popeye's the most. But the grilled dark meat is pretty good when it is so fresh it almost burns your mouth. I liked white meat by far the best when fried but when it isn't fried I like dark meat more. I'm happy, I can get my large mashed potatoes and some chicken and not feel all greasy.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #26
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tellean View Post
Coupon available for printing from 9 a.m. CDT on May 5, 2009 to 11:59 p.m. CDT on May 6, 2009. Coupon is redeemable at participating KFC® locations in the United States from May 5, 2009 to May 19, 2009 – excluding Mother’s Day, May 10, 2009.
This makes me laugh for some reason. Is Mother's Day really that big of a deal at KFC that they need special rules to handle all the demand?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #27
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
This makes me laugh for some reason. Is Mother's Day really that big of a deal at KFC that they need special rules to handle all the demand?

Looks like my mom is getting Taco Bell then.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 05-06-2009 at 03:48 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #28
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

KFC's coupon printer has caught my attempt to change my printer settings to save the coupon in the queue so I can reprint at my convenience.

DAMN YOU YUM BRANDS!!!!!
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #29
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I broke down the other day and tried the grilled chicken at KFC...don't bother, it was absolutely horrible. Has very little to no flavor. Stick with original or extra crispy for a satisfying KFC experience.

Me and the wife liked it.

We ate some while watching MASH.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #30
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I imagine so, yeah. Sunday's are already a zoo at KFC, I can only imagine what M-Day is like. Off the top of my head, that might be their busiest day of the year other than July 4th, Labor Day, and Memorial Day, which I suspect are busier for them because of the high carryout.

Mother's Day is after all the second most popular day for dining out, behind only the generic "birthday:, so it's actually the busiest predictable day of the year for the restaurant industry.
http://www.restaurant.org/aboutus/faqs.cfm#month
Old 05-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #31
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Who takes their Mom to KFC for Mother's Day? Have at it Mom.. go nuts, get the extra large tub of gravy.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 05-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #32
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Who takes their Mom to KFC for Mother's Day? Have at it Mom.. go nuts, get the extra large tub of gravy.

There's an awful lot of people in the country for whom KFC is a dining experience that has to be budgeted for. We tend to forget that sometimes.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #33
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
There's an awful lot of people in the country for whom KFC is a dining experience that has to be budgeted for. We tend to forget that sometimes.

Good point.

Although, more places that I can think of that you'd get more bang for your buck especially on Mother's day.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #34
Ksyrup

Quote:

KFC buffet on Mother's Day FTW!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #35
Ksyrup

Quote:

I had it with MASHed potatoes.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #36
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I had it with MASHed potatoes.

You just blew my mind.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #37
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Your wife is David Ogden Stiers?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 05-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #38
Ksyrup

Quote:
You just blew my mind.

There's more - a colonel was involved!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #39
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Your wife is David Ogden Stiers?

That's just mean man.. mean
Old 05-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #40
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
That's just mean man.. mean

Well, at least I didn't say Dom DeLuise...

Old 05-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #41
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Good point.

Although, more places that I can think of that you'd get more bang for your buck especially on Mother's day.

Which is probably why its a mother's day treat.

To be fair, I had the same initial reaction to the mother's day thing as ML had, and I almost posted a similar comment before realising that if money was really tight I probably wouldn't be having that reaction.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #42
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'm obviously doing something wrong here. I remove the skin and eat it and leave the chicken on the plate.

Quoted for truth!!

My KFC experience usually goes something like this...buy some chicken, fries, and gravy. I won't touch any of the chicken, in fact, it'll go straight to the fridge and I'll enjoy the fries and gravy while they're hot. I won't eat the chicken until later that day/night or else the next day.

I can't think of anything better to pull out of the fridge than cold KFC and a beer.

Hmmm...come to think of it, that's something I haven't done in a very long time.

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 05-06-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #43
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I want to eat that big bowl of mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, chicken....looks soooo good!
Old 05-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #44
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

this thread should be a reminder about the sheep people turn into for these kinds of deals

Things you'd do for a 23 cent pizza - Front Office Football Central
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:34 PM   #45
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Quoted for truth!!

My KFC experience usually goes something like this...buy some chicken, fries, and gravy. I won't touch any of the chicken, in fact, it'll go straight to the fridge and I'll enjoy the fries and gravy while they're hot. I won't eat the chicken until later that day/night or else the next day.

I can't think of anything better to pull out of the fridge than cold KFC and a beer.

Hmmm...come to think of it, that's something I haven't done in a very long time.

You Canadians with your gravy and fries
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #46
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
You Canadians with your gravy and fries

LOL...don't get me started on poutine!!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:28 AM   #47
stevew
Hall Of Famer

how the fuck did I miss the fallout from the Popeyes 4.99 8 piece fiasco. FOFC big time fail.

Youtube that if you haven't seen it.

Lol, i forgot the 23 cent pizza thread....good times.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:33 AM   #48
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Mother's Day is after all the second most popular day for dining out, behind only the generic "birthday:, so it's actually the busiest predictable day of the year for the restaurant industry.
http://www.restaurant.org/aboutus/faqs.cfm#month

Mother's Day is the busiest day of the year for the OG, followed closely by Valentine's Day. However, I certainly understand casual and fine dining places being busy, but fast food? Who takes their mother out for a burger or fried chicken?!?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:47 AM   #49
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Mother's Day is the busiest day of the year for the OG, followed closely by Valentine's Day. However, I certainly understand casual and fine dining places being busy, but fast food? Who takes their mother out for a burger or fried chicken?!?

Dad's night to cook...uh-oh. Why not let the Colonel cook instead?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #50
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Jay Hancock's blog: KFC patrons report they can't use Oprah coupons - Economic navigation and sightseeing - baltimoresun.com