Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-31-2003, 08:40 PM   #1
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Hannity really getting it

William Hartun of New School is really laying into Hannity about his treatment of "guests."

I enjoy Hannity's views, but he is a real cock when it comes to interviews.

Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 08:45 PM   #2
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Yeah, but he didn't do anything to the guy. He was a little high strung. Even Colmes defended him.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 09:21 PM   #3
astralhaze
College Prospect

He is a dick when it comes to interviews, but not nearly as much as O'Reilly.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:23 PM   #4
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by astralhaze
He is a dick when it comes to interviews, but not nearly as much as O'Reilly.

I agree. Again, I like O'reilly's opinions, but he treats his guests poorly. Not sure how they keep finding suckers.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:24 PM   #5
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
I agree.

Two times in one day. What's the temperature in hell right now?
Old 03-31-2003, 09:25 PM   #6
Havok
College Starter

I love Hannity... he's cocky as hell. But he's also smart as hell. I love watching him tear liberals to pieces. Not many liberals can go 1 on 1 with him and win an arguement.(if any)

He's the heir apparent(sp?) to Big Rush. He's also has the fastest growing daytime talk show ever so he's doing somthing right.

Edit: 200th post!! 200 posts in less then a month... i need to get out more

Last edited by Havok : 03-31-2003 at 09:26 PM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 09:33 PM   #7
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally posted by Havok

He's the heir apparent(sp?) to Big Rush.

Blasphemy! I mean, right on... I won't take it personally.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:36 PM   #8
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by astralhaze
Two times in one day. What's the temperature in hell right now?

just stringing you along for the big let down.

Quote:
I love Hannity... he's cocky as hell. But he's also smart as hell. I love watching him tear liberals to pieces.

It just seems like poor manners to have a guest on and not let them talk.

If Hannity wants to have a monologue, why does he have guests?

Last edited by Fritz : 03-31-2003 at 09:49 PM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 09:37 PM   #9
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards
Blasphemy! I mean, right on... I won't take it personally.

Cam Edwards for Fat Noisebox in 2003!
Old 03-31-2003, 09:40 PM   #10
astralhaze
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
It just seems like poor manners to have a guest on and not let them talk.

If Hannity wants to have a monologue, why dose he have guests?

Indeed. I guess he could "win" an argument with a post using the same methods he does with his guests. Generaly he waits for them to say something he disagrees with and then rails on and on and on about it, without letting them explain it further. It's great television, but it's not exactly going to produce constructive debate.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:45 PM   #11
AgPete
College Prospect

Speaking of Rush Limbaugh wanna-be's, I never knew Michael Savage was actually Michael Weiner! I remember reading one of his new-age herbal medicine books a while ago! He was too hippy for me even then, hard to believe he's now one of the most popular conservative talk show hosts. Of course, most of these guys only care about the ratings anyhow but it looks like conservative radio talk show host is as lucrative a business as televangelists these days!
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 09:47 PM   #12
GrantDawg

The problem I have with Hannity and O'Reilly (on television, I actually like Hannity on radio) is that they speak in sound bites. It is the nature of the type of show they do. They have a certain phrase that they repeat over and over again in their questions. Colmes does it too for that matter. O'Reilly is the worst, and yet he claims his show is the "No Spin Zone." All he does is spin.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:11 PM   #13
aquavit
n00b

Wow, I've never met anyone who thought Hannity was smart. Good at arguing and seeing the world in stark, black and white terms but all the Republicans I know think he is a joke and all the Democrats love that he represents the Republicans.
aquavit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:31 PM   #14
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I dislike O Reilly and Hannity . They generally do the Republicans are good saviors of democracy and Democrats are evil communists . I hate partisan politics .
Old 04-01-2003, 02:37 AM   #15
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Wow, I've never met anyone who thought Hannity was smart. Good at arguing and seeing the world in stark, black and white terms but all the Republicans I know think he is a joke and all the Democrats love that he represents the Republicans.

He's a joke with 10+ million listeners a week and the second highest rated T.V. show on news channels (behind O'Relliy). And last time i checked.. Repulicans have the majority in the House, Senate, and have a man in the whitehouse. And if you dont think guys like RUsh and Hannity dont have a part in making that happen your kidding yourself.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:18 AM   #16
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
He's a joke with 10+ million listeners a week and the second highest rated T.V. show on news channels (behind O'Relliy). And last time i checked.. Repulicans have the majority in the House, Senate, and have a man in the whitehouse. And if you dont think guys like RUsh and Hannity dont have a part in making that happen your kidding yourself.

That's the most disturbing thing I've read on this site for quite a while. What's really distubing, though, is that it's probably true.

I mean, half the guests come on these shows hawking a book or some such thing. I wonder how many people even bother to read any of them rather than just judge them on whether O'Reilly or Hannity or whoever tore them a new asshole on the air.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 07:24 PM   #17
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

All mainstream media are liberal. We conservatives now have three "Big Guns" that are actually being heard and making a difference, and all you libs are pissing your pants!

Life is getting better all the time.
Flame Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 07:27 PM   #18
astralhaze
College Prospect

Uhhhhhh.....FOX News doesn't qualify as mainstream media?
Old 04-01-2003, 07:58 PM   #19
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
All mainstream media are liberal. We conservatives now have three "Big Guns" that are actually being heard and making a difference, and all you libs are pissing your pants!

yeah it is

Quote:
Uhhhhhh.....FOX News doesn't qualify as mainstream media?

Fox news is still pretty new (only a few years old). Liberal media as DOMINATED T.V. for decades and now Right-wingers finally have a news channel (and its the most watched news channel in the country). Times are changing.... Conservatives are dominating Talk radio and they are dominating News programs as well (O'reily, Hannity, etc...). America is starting to lean to the right.... Thank god im alive to see it
Old 04-02-2003, 09:24 PM   #20
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by aquavit

Repubs in WV must be very different than Repubs in this part of Georgia, because Hannity is pretty close to icon status with a good percentage of the ones I know.

I think his radio work has the least to do with it, the TV show is appointment TV for a lot of them though and his book is very highly thought of (among Repubs I know that is).
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:44 PM   #21
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Flame Eater

The only thing they do, is make the Republican party look bad, if I were you I wouldn't be to proud of them.

Last edited by tucker342 : 04-02-2003 at 09:45 PM.
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:12 PM   #22
couriers

Quote:
Originally posted by tucker342
The only thing they do, is make the Republican party look bad, if I were you I wouldn't be to proud of them.

So O'Reily helping reform the Red Cross and bringing attention to the USF Professor makes the republican party look bad? How is that again?
Old 04-02-2003, 10:17 PM   #23
Swaggs
Coordinator

The Hannity-Colmes TV show is a joke. Colmes is obviously overmatched against him, so the show slants ridiculously right.

Why not just cut the Colmes half of the show or, better yet, match him up with a liberal of his caliber (Mario Cuomo maybe?), so that the debates are a little more even?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 10:33 PM   #24
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally posted by Swaggs
The Hannity-Colmes TV show is a joke. Colmes is obviously overmatched against him, so the show slants ridiculously right.

Why not just cut the Colmes half of the show or, better yet, match him up with a liberal of his caliber (Mario Cuomo maybe?), so that the debates are a little more even?

I would agree with that. I can't stand Colmes. Of course, I wouldn't mind Hannity having his own show.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:59 PM   #25
Havok
College Starter

it has nothing to do with Comes being over-matched. Im sorry... if you take any smart conservative and have him debate a liberal the conservative wins 9 times outta 10.

Liberals use emotion.... Conservatives use logic and common sense.

Emotion loses to logic everytime
heres a quick example...

Liberal - Dont attack Iraq!!!!! We need to kill them with Kindness!!!!! NNNNOOOOO WAAARRRR!!!

Conservative - the only way to take out a tyrant is by force. Sitting around and doing nothing like the french wont do us anygood.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:06 PM   #26
Easy Mac

Wow, if that isn't an example of a conservative using logic. That synopsis must have been a brain buster.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:22 PM   #27
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
... if you take any smart conservative and have him debate a liberal the conservative wins 9 times outta 10.

That is absolutely true....if you're political beliefs are consistent with those of the conservative.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 11:37 PM   #28
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
it has nothing to do with Comes being over-matched. Im sorry... if you take any smart conservative and have him debate a liberal the conservative wins 9 times outta 10.

Liberals use emotion.... Conservatives use logic and common sense.

Emotion loses to logic everytime
heres a quick example...

I have two potential responses here, one would be to point out the TONS of logical arguments presented by liberals all over the war threads on this board, and the rash emotional conservative posts(NO THATS NOT HOW I'M GENERALIZING THE PEOPLE HERE THERE ARE GOOD CONSERVATIVES AND BAD LIBERALS TOO SO BACK OFF)

The other response is the humor response. Emotion loses to logic everytime? Are you insane? Have you never had an argument with a woman?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:41 AM   #29
aquavit
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by JonInMiddleGA
Repubs in WV must be very different than Repubs in this part of Georgia, because Hannity is pretty close to icon status with a good percentage of the ones I know.

Must be. Most people I know would say that there are lots of smart conservative publications and speakers out there but anyone who thinks that Hannity is one of the them must not think very highly of conservatives.
aquavit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 05:46 AM   #30
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
The other response is the humor response. Emotion loses to logic everytime? Are you insane? Have you never had an argument with a woman?

Ya got me there
Old 04-03-2003, 06:47 AM   #31
couriers

Quote:
Originally posted by aquavit
anyone who thinks that Hannity is one of the them must not think very highly of conservatives.

Wrong by me.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:07 PM   #32
dread
n00b

What I find most amazing about Hannity is that he agrees with everything republican. I was listening one day and did not realize what the show was at the time, he had just blasted the democrats for partism politics(I know its hilarious that only they are partism) and he thanked his guest for his pearls of wisdom, the great Trent Lott. I'm sure when Trent Lott was on the hot seat that Hannity grilled him like all the other Democratic guests.
Hannity's idea of debate is to not let his guest end any sentence unless they are republican. If this does not work then he will keep repeating that the guest should say the pledge of allegience until his turn to speak is up. I find Hannity a joke, but must admit its like watching Springer at times, so i do find some perverse pleasure watching it at times.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:30 PM   #33
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

Opening a Fritz thread titled "Hannity really getting it" is a very scary thing. I had absolutely no idea what I was going to find!
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote