Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-31-2003, 06:44 PM   #1
Its Vanilla
High School JV

ˇBienvenidos a Tropico! - Un Nuevo Principio...

I walked into my office and sat down at my desk. I had done this for many years. My assistant Juan walks in and offers his congratulations. I had been in control of the island of Tropico for 30 years. Had it really been that long?

I looked over to the calendar on the wall. It read "January 3rd, 1980". My holiday vacation was over and I had to get back to running my country.

Many things have changed when I was elected president of an island of 70 people in 1950. That population now nears 200, with new immigrants coming to my shores every year. My once young and vibrant face had become aged and more dignified. I now had a family. I had seen this island through its highs and its lows. The recession of the early 60s, the boom of 65-66, and now the depression of the 70s.

But it is a new decade, and perhaps, a new beginning for the island of Tropico.

Its Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 12:28 PM   #2
Its Vanilla
High School JV

The decade of Madonna, MTV, and "Members Only" jackets has begun. Except Tropico has none of that. I am making progress though.

To bring my island out of a recession that started in about 1978, I decided to increase my tourist capacity. I ordered construction of 6 Tourist Bungalows near the Docks in Campinas.

More good news on the homefront. The college I built in the late 70s has graduated 3 Tropicans. This will allow me to fill more lucrative jobs without bringing in skilled workers from other nations.

To try to bring happiness and respect on the island up, I ordered the construction of 3 Bunkhouses across the street from the Cannery.

Next came my master plan for the 1980s. A plan that would hopefully secure Tropico financially for decades to come. It is called "Project: Valencia". It is a new city I am constructing over the hill from Campinas. It will consist of several docks and factories.

While that may secure me in the future, things aren't looking great right now. That's when I noticed something. When my workers began construction on a Teamsters Office and Docks in Valencia, they cut down trees. I made no profit. I quickly ordered the construction of a Logging Camp and a Lumber Mill in Jucaro that will hopefully bring some money into the treasury.

I also took note that no pineapples were being exported from my island. After surveying growing conditions, I changed one of my Pineapple farms to Bananas.

1981:

Early in the year, my Lumber Mill and Logging Camp were built. I need these things to start making money quickly.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to meet one of my house rules this year. The treasury is too low to call for elections. I'm not sure how I'll work around it, or if I'll just skip elections for this term.

The money situation went from bad to worse this year. One reason may be a low number of teamsters on the island. I counted a total of 4. Apparently no one wants to grow up and haul things anymore. New immigrants are arriving with every freighter, so hopefully this will get straightened out.

My treasury dipped to a mere $59 in December. That is not good at all. Project: Valencia is being put on hold until funds increase.

After looking through my Almanac, I noticed that nothing had been exported from the island in 2 full year at least. Maybe that's the problem?

One big happening to note. My population broke 200 this year.

And now, the pictures!

Campinas(1980):

The Bunkhouses and Bungalows:

The Rich Forest Near Valencia:

The Lumber Complex Built to Get Rid of Said Forest:

The Beginnings of Valencia:

End of Year(1980):

End of Year(1981):
Codge Daravan - #35 Sirius Satellite Radio Monte Carlo SS
-Season 16 Daytona 500 Champion
Hans Bermuda - #37 Mr. Sparkle Monte Carlo SS
-For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle.