Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Help me be a dink

My brother just won our NHL pool for the first time in his life. In years past he has been known to pay the winner in humorous/dinkish ways. For example, one year he brought a sack of 2000 unrolled pennies, and another year he paid in Mexican Pesos. So it's payback time, and I'm trying to think of a nice evil way to harass him with my payment.

The only idea I have right now is to write 20 separate $1 cheques, and then mail them individually over a period of 4-6 weeks. Ideally I'd also mail them in such a way that he has to go to the post office to pick them up (I think this typically is required if you have to sign for something but aren't around when they come by). Unfortunately I'm guessing that the costs of this will be prohibitive, although I'm going to look into it.

So, assuming I can't afford to pull off the above, I'm wondering if any of the evil geniuses here can help me think of something else that might work. Any ideas?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."

Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
chesapeake
College Starter

Does it have to be in cash in some form? If not, you could get him a $20 gift certificate for a bikini wax.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I think it needs to be something he can convert to cash, so gift certificates are probably out. The conversion can be as painful as possible, though. I wonder if I could place the money into a paypal-type account and make him somehow withdraw it from there?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 04-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I still have some Kenyan Shillings.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Send a (nasty) stripper to his house, with his payment in her panties and he has to dig to get it.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Hey, I talked to your girlfriend. You might need this for a second pregnancy test. If he isn't doing her, be ready to run.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
Lorena
Unregistered

Staple the $$ on a piece of paper

Give him $20 worth of stamps
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Something embarrassing (maxipads, etc) with a receipt for him to return.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 AM   #9
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
Staple the $$ on a piece of paper

Give him $20 worth of stamps

And by stapling, I mean staple all around the bills so it's hard for him to remove 'em.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
And by stapling, I mean staple all around the bills so it's hard for him to remove 'em.

This has potential, I like this.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #11
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

There needs to be more details. Then you will get something great, probably not from me though.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
boberot
High School Varsity

You could do the check thing, and in the "For:" or "Memo" section write something completely humiliating.
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #13
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
This has potential, I like this.

You can also tape a bunch of change on a piece of paper.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #14
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
There needs to be more details. Then you will get something great, definitely not from me though.

Fixed
Old 04-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #15
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Buy some peanut butter, remove said peanut butter from the jar. Add coins to peanut butter and repack.

That or get a candle, melt it down and add the coins and reform the candle with the coins in it.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #16
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

convert the large ONE on the back of each bill to BONER via magic marker.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:12 AM   #17
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
You can also tape a bunch of change on a piece of paper.

I think the act of taping the change might be more time consuming than tearing it off.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #18
Comey
College Starter

You could rip a $20 into half, mail him half of it and the first clue towards finding the other half.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #19
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Buy some peanut butter, remove said peanut butter from the jar. Add coins to peanut butter and repack.

That or get a candle, melt it down and add the coins and reform the candle with the coins in it.

Now this is creative. I really like the idea of forming something around the coins. Jello might be fun, he could see them all floating around in there!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #20
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
convert the large ONE on the back of each bill to BONER via magic marker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey
You could rip a $20 into half, mail him half of it and the first clue towards finding the other half.

I'm not really sure I want to deface the money (illegal), and specifically in regards to the top suggestion, we don't have 1 dollar bills here so it doesn't work.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #21
Comey
College Starter

Bah, just saw you're in Canada. I'm not sure how they handle it, but in the US, if a dollar bill is ripped in half, it can be taped together...and if a merchant won't take it, you can go to a Federal Reserve Bank for an exchange.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #22
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

wait, canada has the internet?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #23
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
wait, canada has the internet?

No, I have a friend in North Dakota that helped me run cable across the border and into my house.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #24
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hahaha
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #25
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, I have a friend in North Dakota that helped me run cable across the border and into my house.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #26
Comey
College Starter

They just got Netscape and Prodigy. Bryan Adams and Jesus Jones paid for it.

The latter is a convert to Canadaism.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #27
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

wait, North Dakota has the internet?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 04-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #28
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

LOL, good work.

I don't know that I have any other suggestions that haven't been covered.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:26 AM   #29
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Now this is creative. I really like the idea of forming something around the coins. Jello might be fun, he could see them all floating around in there!

Well, it is a hockey pool so, you could freeze the money in a big block of ice then. Although, you'll need to freeze a 1/2 a block, put the coins down and then finish the freeze so they are in the middle.

Last edited by Mustang : 04-13-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #30
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, it is a hockey pool so, you could freeze the money in a big block of ice then. Although, you'll need to freeze a 1/2 a block, put the coins down and then finish the freeze so they are in the middle.

I like the thematic tie-in, but logistically this is not as ideal as peanut butter, wax, or jello. Recovering the coins would be as simple as letting the block melt in a sink and then scooping them out.

I'm really getting on board with the peanut butter.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #31
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

send him a drawing of a spider that you value at $20?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:31 AM   #32
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
wait, North Dakota has the internet?

Ya, but they try to keep it on the low down so that Obama doesn't take it away.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #33
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
send him a drawing of a spider that you value at $20?

lol
Old 04-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #34
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

peanut butter is good. melt it partially in a big can and then put the coins in and then let it thicken up again.

maybe you could use something like an empty water-jug or something of that size? and fill it with a ton of peanut butter and the coins. i'm thinking a real shitload of peanut butter.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #35
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Put the block of peanut butter inside a block of ice?

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #36
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

its been mentioned above, but for golfing or bet debts, I like to write a check and in the memo "For the Best Blowjob ever"
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #37
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i think you want the volume of the peanut butter to make attempts to manipulate it difficult, that's the best idea.

OR

bake brownies with laxatives inside them. put the coins inside the brownies and hopefully he'll be like "oh well i might as well eat the brownies and spit out the coins" and voila! this works best if it's only a couple brownies so he'd eat them all.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 04-13-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #38
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
its been mentioned above, but for golfing or bet debts, I like to write a check and in the memo "For the Best Blowjob ever"

I always use either "Nude Gay Art Show" or "Midget Strippers".
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #39
spleen1015
Coordinator

I like the idea of buying something embarrassing for $20 and giving him the receipt to return it for the cash.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:50 AM   #40
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I like the idea of buying something embarrassing for $20 and giving him the receipt to return it for the cash.

dildo?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #41
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

OK, first you need to either be married or living with a chick you're sharing expenses with, and then you need to either have an operation (one or both of you) or use protection and be REALLY careful when you have sex.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #42
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

There are two downsides to the "embarrassing item refund" gag:

1) Although it is convertible to cash, I'm not sure it would truly be considered payment.
2) In order to force him into being embarrassed returning the item, I'd have to purchase the thing, which would be equally embarrassing.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #43
stevew
Hall Of Famer

get 4 condoms
shove 5-1dollar coins into each one.
shoot in a small amount of whitish hand soap/lotion.
Tie end to seal.
mail.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #44
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
You could do the check thing, and in the "For:" or "Memo" section write something completely humiliating.

"Thanks for the (insert sexual favor here)."
Old 04-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #45
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Get FOFC friends to go to local casinos and get a $1 chip, mail to you and then give them to him so he would have to go across the country cashing in the chips
Old 04-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #46
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Fixed

Take a shit in a box and instead of playing in it, drop two rolls of quarters in there and give it to him.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #47
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
Take a shit in a box and instead of playing in it, drop two rolls of quarters in there and give it to him.

Or make fake poop from chocolate and put the $$ in it.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #48
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Or make fake poop from chocolate and put the $$ in it.

fake throwup will probably work too
Old 04-13-2009, 12:34 PM   #49
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post

I really like the check thing. It might be worth it to rent out a PO Box for a month or two just so he has to go get them.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #50
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
I always use either "Nude Gay Art Show" or "Midget Strippers".

Why limit yourself? You can do 20 different once

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote