Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Apparent zombie uprising in New Orleans

Chewed and swallowed? You know, I get homesick occasionally, and then something like this happens... I'm not so homesick anymore!

Breaking News from New Orleans - Times-Picayune - NOLA.com

Quote:
A Metairie resident is recovering after a stranger bit a chunk of flesh out of his arm, and swallowed it, Saturday afternoon.
Joseph Lancellotti, 67, told authorities he did not know the suspect, later identified as Mario Vargas, 48, or why he was attacked in his front yard.
Lancellotti was gardening at his home in the 4400 block of Kawanee Avenue about 2 p.m. when he noticed a man walking toward his house, shouting angrily, the report said. Lancellotti said he couldn't understand the man because he was yelling in Spanish. But when the man got within two feet, he slugged Lancellotti in the head, the report said.
Lancellotti said he tried to defend himself with a garden rake. As the men struggled over the rake, the stranger bent over and bit Lancellotti on his right forearm, the report said. Lancellotti's flesh ripped away as he fell to the ground. The man then got on top of Lancellotti and began choking him, the report said.
It was then that neighbor Chantal Lorio, a podiatrist and director of the Wound Center at East Jefferson General Hospital, came out to check on Lancellotti. Lorio said Monday that she first thought Lancellotti was having a heart attack and the other man was trying to help him.
The stranger was still gripping Lancellotti as Lorio noticed her neighbor was lying in a pool of blood. She didn't learn what happened until she began dressing the wound -- with the stranger still clutching her neighbor's shirt.
"He said, 'He bit my arm, chewed the flesh and swallowed it in front of me,' " Lorio recalled. She said the bite measured almost 3 by 1 1/2 inches, and was less than 1/4-inch deep.
The pair tried to calm the stranger, who never made any attempt to run away. He eventually let go of Lancellotti and walked two blocks to a parking lot, where he hovered near an empty police car, the report said. The suspect was still standing there when deputies arrived and took him into custody.
Vargas, of 724 Camp St., New Orleans, was booked with second-degree battery. He was being held Monday at the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center in Gretna in lieu of $25,000 bail.
Lancellotti's wife, Bonnie, 60, said Monday that her husband was recovering from the bite, physically and mentally. She said his sense of safety in his neighborhood has been shaken.
With all the bacteria involved, Lorio said a bite from a human is worse than an animal bite.
Bonnie Lancellotti also has concerns about the suspect, who apparently had been treated at East Jefferson General Hospital earlier in the day for a finger injury. Vargas was released 45 minutes before the attack, according to the incident report.
Bonnie Lancellotti wondered whether hospital staff noticed anything amiss while treating Vargas. "This person's clearly lost his sense," she said. "I mean, what else can you say, eating people's skin?"
Keith Darcey, spokesman for the hospital, said, "We cannot comment on any individual patient because of privacy laws. But as a matter of general hospital policy, the emergency department has behavioral health nurses available to help diagnose patients who might require mental health assistance."

Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Pumpy, sit tight, I'm coming.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe it was a vampire...
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #4
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Pumpy, sit tight, I'm coming.
Funny, I had a male professor in college who used to say that.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'm bringing some WHITE POWAH!

Last edited by DeToxRox : 04-07-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

maybe i can just die
Old 04-07-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Maybe it was a vampire...

Come on, dude. At 2:00 PM?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Sunblock
Old 04-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Come on, dude. At 2:00 PM?

Yeah, seriously. Sak, I love you, but that was fucking retarded.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #10
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

What's the matter, Sak? You don't believe in zombies or something? They're right there in New Orleans. I had suspected it for years, but there was never any proof. Well, now it's obvious!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Sunblock

LULZ Have fun being the first to die in a Zombie attack. n00b.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #12
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Lancellotti was gardening at his home in the 4400 block of Kawanee Avenue about 2 p.m. when he noticed a man walking toward his house, shouting angrily, the report said. Lancellotti said he couldn't understand the man because he was yelling in Spanish.

OK, I can see that. Shit happens. He couldn't understand him, but he could tell he was angry.

Quote:
But when the man got within two feet...

Wait...what? The rest of this story need not ever have happened. Why would you stick around to find out what an angry, yelling man - apparently walking toward you - would do when he got that close? Dude wasn't even speaking English, so it's not like he was going to talk to him.

Some people are idiots.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-07-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I HATE YOU ALL...

HEY SWAGGS....13-9 FUCKER!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #14
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

This is all a plot to get us to join the Crescent City Classic
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #15
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
LULZ Have fun being the first to die in a Zombie attack. n00b.

No shit. Dr. Sak's role in the zombie apocalypse = bait.

We'll just put some garlic around his neck, give him a wooden stake and send him out there to fight "the vampires".

Poor dumb bastard.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 04-07-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #16
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:

I'm bringing some WHITE POWAH!

What is the story to this?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #17
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I HATE YOU ALL...

HEY SWAGGS....13-9 FUCKER!

At least we scored against the mighty Panthers last time we played, unlike the 12-0 Nits.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #18
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
At least we scored against the mighty Panthers last time we played, unlike the 12-0 Nits.

Yeah but it didn't ruin our National Title hopes...plus at least we lost to Walt...not the Stache!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post

It's Pumpy's favorite athlete ever, and a man he wishes to go to Vermont with.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #20
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

It's probably the best gift the internets have provided me in the last month or so. It's suprisingly versatile and brings much joy.

Thanks, DeTox!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #21
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Wait...what? The rest of this story need not ever have happened. Why would you stick around to find out what an angry, yelling man - apparently walking toward you - would do when he got that close? Dude wasn't even speaking English, so it's not like he was going to talk to him.

Some people are idiots.

That is why horror movies exist. Watch any horror movie and you have to act like that for any plot to take place.

Why do people stay in a house when some apparition is throwing crap around you and whisper sweet death nothings in your ear?

Why do people press their face on a closed door when a knife-wielding or chainsaw-carrying or crowbar-toting psycho is on the other side of that weak door?

Why do people insist on running in the middle of a road if a car is coming after them when there is plenty of forest or ditches or rugged terrain to the sides of them?

And why do people assume that if they see or hear something unnatural in the middle of the night that it must be investigated and can't wait until the morning?

Now for this story to get good, we will have to wait for Joseph Lancellotti to show similar symptoms and a team of psychiatrists are rolled into to town to medicate them led by Eaglesfan27. Eaglesfan27 would be the lone guy noticing that something is wrong while the rest of his practice ignore the ridiculously obvious signs. Lancelloti, who was supposed to see Eaglesfan27 for his next round of medications, disappears and soon half of his neighborhood is gone. Eaglesfan27, who knows that this zombie threat has spread enlists the help of a self-proclaimed bounty hunter, Pumpy Tudors, who provides some zany one-liners and comedic relief that is much needed for this dark zombie apocalypse. Oh and we all know how it ends up from there.....

Last edited by Antmeister : 04-07-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #22
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
That is why horror movies exist. Watch any horror movie and you have to act like that for any plot to take place.

Why do people stay in a house when some apparition is throwing crap around you and whisper sweet death nothings in your ear?

Why do people press their face on a closed door when a knife-wielding or chainsaw-carrying or crowbar-toting psycho is on the other side of that weak door?

Why do people insist on running in the middle of a road if a car is coming after them when there is plenty of forest or ditches or rugged terrain to the sides of them?

And why do people assume that if they see or hear something unnatural in the middle of the night that it must be investigated and can't wait until the morning?

Now for this story to get good, we will have to wait for Joseph Lancellotti to show similar symptoms and a team of psychiatrists are rolled into to town to medicate them led by Eaglesfan27. Eaglesfan27 would be the lone guy noticing that something is wrong while the rest of his practice ignore the ridiculously obvious signs. Lancelloti, who was supposed to see Eaglesfan27 for his next round of medications, disappears and soon half of his neighborhood is gone. Eaglesfan27, who knows that this zombie threat has spread enlists the help of a self-proclaimed bounty hunter, Pumpy Tudors, who provides some zany one-liners and comedic relief that is much needed for this dark zombie apocalypse. Oh and we all know how it ends up from there.....

Pumpy as comedy relief PLUS being the black guy? I am not sure he'd make it past the opening credits.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #23
Travis
Pro Rookie

Better question is how many appearances the eventual zombie Pumpy would make before finally being put down.

Or, dare I say it, would zombie Pumpy get the win?
Old 04-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #24
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Better question is how many appearances the eventual zombie Pumpy would make before finally being put down.

Or, dare I say it, would zombie Pumpy get the win?

If there ever became a zombie Pumpy, I don't think even Ash could get us out of that predicament.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #25
Tigercat
College Starter

Damn, I was hungry, get off my back.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #26
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

¡Tiene hambre! ¡Tiene hambre! Nooooooo...
Old 04-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #27
JediKooter
Coordinator

Does the zombie Pumpy have stairs?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 04-07-2009 at 03:38 PM.
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #28
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Pumpy as comedy relief PLUS being the black guy? I am not sure he'd make it past the opening credits.

I think the film opens up with a drunk, mardi-gras celebrating (could be a Penn State Sugar Bowl win instead?) Dr. Sak discovering the zombie eating the 67-year old guy in broad daylight and then turning to ask his friends if they think it is a vampire. Then the zombie jumps up, we get a good shot of its bloody mouth, and then the opening credits come up and we are left to wonder whether or not Sak survives (until he is later seen in a group of zombies towards the end of the movie).
Old 04-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #29
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:

Depends on the director. If Uwe Boll directs it, it will end up being a Left 4 Dead movie and Pumpy would most likely play Louis, but somehow he would get an additional role of being a bounty hunter due to changes in the script. Because we all know Uwe Boll knows how to make a great video game movie.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:38 PM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This thread is gold. Glad I didn't post the story earlier as Pumpy's title is much better than what I was planning.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #31
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

To add to this, I emailed the story to my boss, and he forwarded it to a good friend of his. His friend is sort of obsessed with zombies, and when he (the friend) saw the story, he replied to us with this:

Quote:
This case is particularly critical because we don’t know if it was caused a by a bizarre water-born virus carried in (and hidden since) Katrina… or whether this zombie was an alleged illegal immigrant who carried the virus from his homeland.

Very likely poor Jesus “Chuy” Ontiveros Martinez was witness to a horrific gangland murder in Ciudad Juarez. In order to escape the drug lords and corrupt cops he swam the Rio Grande and crossed into Texas. Unfortunately something bit his ankle while he was swimming but he was too scared to worry about one more bleeding wound. So he made his way across Texas and Lake Pontchartrain (a hotbed of Zombies, just like the Everglades in Florida) to New Orleans and hid with his cousin’s half-sister’s mother-in-law Adriana Susanna Ramirez Nevarez.

He was probably out looking for work Saturday when he died and was reanimated (his name was Jesus, after all) and then he found this unsuspecting Joseph Lancellotti (fantastic name, by the way). Mr. Lancellotti obviously couldn’t distinguish the sound of an undead groan of craving for living flesh from border Spanish so he must have assumed that the Hispanic man was angry that Mr. Lancellotti was doing his own yard work rather than outsourcing it to local immigrants. Obviously the bite incident further confused the situation.

Luckily for Mr. Lancellotti Jesus was only recently turned so he was still weak and his stomach was full from eating five of Adriana Susanna Ramirez Nevarez’s juevo and chorizo breakfast burritos that morning prior to his leaving the house and then dying in the French Quarter. Mr. Lancellotti also had a rake (similar to the lance normally carried by people of the Lancelot / Lancellotti line) with which to defend himself.

Interestingly Jesus was drawn away to pursue police officers resulting in his purported incarceration and psychiatric evaluation. This is a good thing since he obviously could have gone after the helpful-natured neighbor. We narrowly missed the (inevitable) zombie apocalypse. One nearly became three. Three would have been nine within 20 minutes. Nine would have been eighty one or more within the hour… and people thought Katrina was bad. We can hope that FEMA, the CDC and other appropriate government agencies have performed their role correctly by properly disposing of the revenant Jesus.

However, we should keep an eye out for stories related to Mr. Lancellotti’s eventual death and reanimation – assuming he hasn’t already been properly “tended to” by same said government agencies. His wife is in grave danger.

It’s important that we keep track of these types of stories. Unlike the happy(?) result of this story, someday they won’t be able to contain the problem and we’ll wake up one normal-seeming morning to find our neighbors eating our neighbors – the gas tank will be on empty, and we won’t have enough 2x4’s to seal the doors and windows.

We’re going to Home Depot this weekend…
Neither one of them has been to New Orleans before, but I think this guy nailed it perfectly.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #32
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Is it bad that I clicked on this link to make sure that the article referenced DIDN'T mention my brother?

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #33
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

I don't know the story, but I'd like for reposting this pic to be a bannable offense in the future.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:43 PM   #34
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Let's just pretend that that picture doesn't exist, OK?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #35
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
¡Tiene hambre! ¡Tiene hambre! Nooooooo...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PumpyZombified.jpg (98.6 KB, 171 views)
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #36
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Thus, it has begun as our forefathers had prophesied...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #37
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Let's just pretend that that picture doesn't exist, OK?

YOU HATE WHITE PEOPLE AND THAT IS IGNORANT WHAT THE FUCK
Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #38
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
YOU HATE WHITE PEOPLE AND THAT IS IGNORANT WHAT THE FUCK
YOU ARE IGNORANT FOR THINKING I WANT TO SEE THAT WHITE
Old 04-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #39
MikeVic
Head Coach

Lotsa ignorants in this thread.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #40
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
YOU ARE IGNORANT FOR THINKING I WANT TO SEE THAT WHITE

WISH YOU FELT THAT WAY ABOUT MY GIRLFRIEND
Old 04-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #41
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I blame that voodoo queen. I should have never drawn those X's on her grave.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #42
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
WISH YOU FELT THAT WAY ABOUT MY GIRLFRIEND
Did you know that she calls me Shaft?
Old 04-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #43
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:

Sadly, that's what DeTox calls "her."
Old 04-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #44
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

He's a complicated man, and no one understands him but DeToxRox's woman.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #45
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I need some tissues.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #46
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

waitabanana... Pumpy is BLACK?!?

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:17 PM   #47
Crim
College Benchwarmer

By the way, Lorena may have just won the thread.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #48
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

It could be a reverse vampire. There is nothing more dangerous than a reverse vampire about to charge your ass.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #49
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk View Post
It could be a reverse vampire. There is nothing more dangerous than a reverse vampire about to charge your ass.

Reverse Vampies? What are you, 12? We're talking about real shit here.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:23 AM   #50
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Reverse Vampies? What are you, 12? We're talking about real shit here.

I thought reverse vampires made you suck their blood.