Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-31-2003, 12:56 AM   #1
MikeVic
Head Coach

Question If anyone watched Wrestlemania...

I thought it was a decent show.. three of the "Main Events" were good. HBK/Jericho, Hogan/McMahon, Rock/Austin. The real main event was ok, considering Angle's neck is badly hurt. The Lesnar shooting star I've been waiting for ever since seeing a video of him doing it... seeing him land onhis neck wasn't a pretty sight.. Made me sick I really hope he's alright.. he was glassy-eyed after the match though.

Anyone else have opinions?

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 12:57 AM   #2
MikeVic
Head Coach

dola.

If no one here likes wrestling, or hates it.. please don't post flaming messages. I'm just really feeling bad for Lesnar, and don't wanna read flames about how wrestling is fake, and sucks.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:59 AM   #3
bbor
Pro Starter

What happened to Lesnar?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 01:10 AM   #4
JeeberD
General Manager

Really don't care for wrestling, but the new Playboy sure is nice. That Torrie chick is pretty hot (if not a little fake)...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 01:13 AM   #5
MikeVic
Head Coach

Lesnar went for a shooting star press onto Angle.. Angle was beyond half-way across the ring....

he didn't do the flip early enough, and landed on his neck. Good thing Angle saw what was gonna happen, and kinda moved. Lesnar somehow hit the F5 to finish, but he was so glassy-eyed at the end.. couldn't stand up for a bit, and had difficulty reaching for the belt. It really looked bad.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:15 AM   #6
TLK
Pro Starter

It was a real let-down..... I did enjoy seeing Piper but that was about it..... I think that five hours of wrestling is way too much.... I will enjoy seeing how they bury Goldberg, like they seem to do everyone else from WCW

TLK
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 01:16 AM   #7
sabotai
General Manager

Hopefully it was just a "stinger"...when Owen Hart dropped Austin on his head (tombstone piledriver I think what happened), Austin could barely walk afterwards, but it was just a "stinger".
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 01:21 AM   #8
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah, I was just discussing that with a friend. With Austin, his neck was clearly broken. The ref. talked to him for a few minutes as Owen paraded around... and then the ref. said something to Owen, and Owen baked up enough to be rolled up by Austin... well, Owen kind of fell, and Austin stuck his hand between Owen's legs.. that's when you knew Austin was badly hurt.

Lesnar has a crazy neck/shoulders/traps. area... maybe it helped him in the fall?
Old 03-31-2003, 01:21 AM   #9
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

When did Goldberg join the WWF?
Old 03-31-2003, 01:26 AM   #10
MikeVic
Head Coach

They signed Goldberg like a couple of weeks ago.. officially announced it today, when they aired a PPV commercial with him in it.

I think Goldberg's contract has something in it that says he can't lose to Austin, HHH, Lesnar... or something like that. :P

Can't wait to see how long he lasts before either the WWE fires him, or Goldberg quits
Old 03-31-2003, 05:25 AM   #11
superbama
H.S. Freshman Team

Sweet event to have gone to live

Sadly brock missed his chance to be put into the wrestlemania hall of fame. Since 30% of the crowd had left due to the main event style. But when he headed out of the ring all the smarks went nuts having waited for his shooting star. It looked like he new it was gonna come up short.
superbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 07:48 AM   #12
RawIsDan
High School JV

From what I read it sounding like a good show but seeing HHH win yet again spoils it for me.
RawIsDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 08:32 AM   #13
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I agree. The matches were pretty good. The only outcome that I really wanted to see was HHH losing the belt to Booker, and it didn't happen. Otherwise, good show.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 08:52 AM   #14
Eilim
High School Varsity

Sorry for the threadjack, but if you guys are wrestling fans you might be interested in this game Extreme Warfare Revenge v3.0 . I ran across it while browsing for new text sims, its sort of the FOFC of wrestling.

I haven't really been a fan of wrestling since I was young but I do have to admit I'm hooked on this game. There are also some great dynasty threads in the forums that make for an entertaining read.

-Eilim
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:31 AM   #15
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah, I've played EWR a few times Fun game.

I also was pissed as hell that HHH won. And the way the match ended... it was just stupid. Hits the Pedigree, and still gets the pin like a minute after hitting it.

I wanted to see Jericho win so badly too

superbama - were people really leaving before the Main Event?? Man.. if I paid for Wrestlemania tickets.. I'd stay like hours after it ended Damn the fans!
Old 03-31-2003, 03:57 PM   #16
Pyser
Pro Rookie

how was limp bizkit?
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 04:29 PM   #17
Willy Wonka
n00b

wonder which show Goldberg will be on?
Old 03-31-2003, 04:30 PM   #18
RonnieDobbs
High School JV

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeVic
Yeah, I've played EWR a few times Fun game.

I also was pissed as hell that HHH won. And the way the match ended... it was just stupid. Hits the Pedigree, and still gets the pin like a minute after hitting it.

I wanted to see Jericho win so badly too

superbama - were people really leaving before the Main Event?? Man.. if I paid for Wrestlemania tickets.. I'd stay like hours after it ended Damn the fans!

They're keeping HHH strong for a future program with Goldberg... zzz... When was the last time HHH lost a fued? Before the quad injury? God, is he boring.

I don't think Jericho/Michaels is done yet either... apparently Kevin Nash will be getting involved?

Anyhoo, it's going to be a tough time getting through however long Angle is out with injury. He's one of the only things that keeps me watching.

Proud Manager of the BOSTON WYCKYD SCEPTRE
Also attempting to Right The Ship with the Clippers
RonnieDobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 04:46 PM   #19
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Angle and Booker are my favorites. One is going to be out with injury, and the other just lost a lot of momentum last night (It took three rock bottoms to finish off Stone Cold and 2 or 3 (I forget now) F5s to finish Angle, but Booker is laid out with one Pedigree.) I have been getting less into it lately, and I don't see that changing anytime in the immediate future.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:50 PM   #20
QuikSand
lolzcat

Just curious... do you guys pay to watch this stuff? It's never been my cup of tea, but I assume plenty of people shell out the thirty bucks (or whatever) for these "wrestlemania" events, otherwise they wouldn't be up to CCLXXXIV or whatever.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 04:56 PM   #21
cmp
Pro Rookie

Apparently Lesnar suffered a concussion. Not as bad as some thought it would be.

From what I have heard Goldberg is expected to be on RAW tonight.

I used to be a big wrestling fan just a few years ago. From about 98 until early 2001. Bought about 5 or 6 pay per views in that time but it's not the same it was just a few years ago. With Austin back and Goldberg now here maybe it can turn around and become good once again. It seemed to be a lot better when they had competition from WCW. I never thought I'd say this but I wish the WCW was still around to give the WWE something to compete with.

Last edited by cmp : 03-31-2003 at 04:58 PM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 04:58 PM   #22
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Well I used to watch wrestling as a kid growing up. I bought it for the nephews and must admit I enjoy watching wrestling still. I did watch bits and pieces while watching the Ranger game (dont spoil me on the Hogan match please! I have it taped)

That said, there has been sometimes on the TV shows (Raw in particular) when I have changed the channel or had my nephews leave for a bit. Some of the stuff I dont think is appropriate for an 12 and 14 year old. But the vast majority is ok and they know it is scripted. It's like a passing down of tradition so to speak, but nowadays you have to be more careful because they are not targeting a younger audience.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:23 PM   #23
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by QuikSand
Just curious... do you guys pay to watch this stuff? It's never been my cup of tea, but I assume plenty of people shell out the thirty bucks (or whatever) for these "wrestlemania" events, otherwise they wouldn't be up to CCLXXXIV or whatever.

Like most PPV events, I think most people pay to watch it with a large group or go to a sports bar to watch it.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:45 PM   #24
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah, Goldberg is suppossed to be on RAW tonight, as well as Diesel ().

I'm glad to hear that Lesnar apparently only got a concussion. It sure looked a lot worse.

I'm less into wrestling than awhile back, but I still find the PPVs enjoyable. RAW is usually shit, but Smackdown is pretty good.

I watch the PPVs with some friends.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:20 PM   #25
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeVic

I'm less into wrestling than awhile back, but I still find the PPVs enjoyable. RAW is usually shit, but Smackdown is pretty good.

Just wondering what you think about the roster split? For some reason I don't like but I don't really watch enough to judge it.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:08 PM   #26
JeeberD
General Manager

OK, I have Raw on tv while I'm playing OOTP tonight just so I can see Goldberg, and he's only on for 45 seconds? Damn wrestling, I should have expected that crap...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:30 PM   #27
MikeVic
Head Coach

hah Jeeber. You should know McMahon's thinking. He gave a nice spear though.

I thought the roster split would give more mid-carders the chance to shine, but it hasn't really yet... still HHH, Austin, Rock, Taker, etc.. on the top :P

It lets me kind of watch RAW, and fully watch Smackdown though Smackdown always has the better wrestling matches.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:40 AM   #28
Travis
Pro Rookie

Smackdown's good because the Wrestling God is on it (yes, Benoit). It's only watchable because a majority of the good workers (Benoit, Team Angle, etc) are on there and can put on a good match instead of just filling time with assinine catch phrases and ridiculous time wasting in rings.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:45 AM   #29
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Eilim
Sorry for the threadjack, but if you guys are wrestling fans you might be interested in this game Extreme Warfare Revenge v3.0 . I ran across it while browsing for new text sims, its sort of the FOFC of wrestling.

-Eilim

Hey thanks for the link. I'd never heard of that game and it looks pretty good after messing around with it for a few hours.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:23 PM   #30
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

I finally had time to see the last 4 matches. I think the funniest part was when Vince belted the spanish announcer with a chair on accident and did a legdrop on Hogan onto the spanish announcing table. Watching Piper decide who he wanted to belt with a steel pipe between the two was hilarious.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:27 PM   #31
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by HornedFrog Purple
Watching Piper decide who he wanted to belt with a steel pipe between the two was hilarious.

How great would it have been to have Savage and Warrior come out after Piper, and lay into Hogan. Hogan overcoming all of the interference, would have been the perfect way to go out, but I don't think we'll ever see the end oh Hulkamania.......

TLK
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 07:17 PM   #32
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i stopped watching wrestling during the ppv when owen hart died. wasnt so fun anymore after that....
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 08:54 PM   #33
PilotMan
Head Coach

[quote]Originally posted by samifan24
Hey thanks for the link. I'd never heard of that game and it looks pretty good after messing around with it for a few hours. [/QUOTE

ditto that

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote