Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

PC Help: Possible Virus

So I got a call from my father today and he said he downloaded this "flash" program, then all of a sudden this PC scan came up and started scanning his computer. When it gets half way through, it gets this error that says "Not enough memory to continue" and you can't do anything on the screen.

I have rebooted it in normal and safe mode and the PC Scan still comes up (under his name), but when I go from Safe Mode into the Admin profile I can get in. I did a full scan with the virus software and spybot and nothing come up.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I suspect that the "Not enough memory" error is that the virus is loading multiple copies of itself and even multiple copies of your anti-virus software during scanning. Just to confirm you could go to Task Manager and see if that is what's happening.

The (possible) fix is to run a virus scan from a boot disk which will hopefully find and delete the malware. I've used the Avira Data Rescue CD as it has the latest virus definitions in the .iso file. Virus removal, boot sector repair, system check - free tools download

BTW, you are going to need to burn the .iso image to a CD and then boot from it.

Spybot doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be. You could also try the free trial anti-malware program from Malwarebytes.org.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote