Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
miked
College Starter

UBL (OOTP v2009) opening

Like a comet, this opportunity will be short lived and it could be a long wait for the next one.

We have an opening in our OOTP league, The UBL. This league was originally founded as a FOFC league but over the many years has branched out, but we still have a few FOFCers on there (including one unnamed fool who just beat me in the WS). The team that is open is the Kansas City Royals. They are but a few years removed from being the upstart AL Central champs consistently winning 90+ games from 2021 through 2025, and a UBL title in 2024. They have fallen on hard times as we enter 2030 and their fearless leader is AWOL with some personal issues. The face an uphill battle as the White Sox and Indians have turned this division in to a 2-team wrecking crew for the past 5+ seasons (The Indians just went to the WS and Chicago has only missed the playoffs once in the last 10 years).

The team is led by veteran SP Clarence Babin and the once viciously feared James Collazo. Babin is in the twilight, but the good thing is the Royals have the 2nd rated farm system that includes some monster prospects, some of who are ready for the bigs (Lopez, Mendoza, Richards). However, the Las Vegas Gamblers have a got farm too and the reigning duo won't roll over easy. This could be the easiest job ever, or the most frustrating.

We have a very active group of owners, several of whom were on various betas, and some fun rules. We have FA compensation done outside the game, MLB-style 8/4 no trade clauses, and have been slowly evening out revenues over the seasons to help teams like PIT, MIL, KC, and TB be more competitive. We have been going strong for over 5 years and are about to start the offseason of 2030 (FA starts on Friday). I had 2 guys on the waiting list, but both backed out and that leaves some lucky sucker a good opening. You can respond here, or hit me up on IM (mikedavis76) and I'll get back to you. You will be in one of the most competitive divisions where 100 wins will likely be the playoff target, but you'll have some of the best young talent in the game. We use OOTP v2009 (patch 9.2.11 or higher) and you must own the game.

miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
miked
College Starter

I forgot to mention, in your division will be the reigning Cy Young, 4 consecutive pitching triple crowns and Cy Young awards (5 overall) and best pitcher in UBL history Leonard Ollis. And if that weren't intimidating enough, don't forget 9-time MVP winner (3rd consecutive) Steven Maccaskill. These 2 represent 250+ wins, 3000 hits, 600+ HR (soon) and over 3,000 K's. Good luck.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
(including one unnamed fool who just beat me in the WS)

Old 03-18-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
miked
College Starter

Free agency starts on Friday and would love to fill this void...come on, who wouldn't want this guy or this guy??