Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2004 FOOL Playoffs Thread

Atlanta, Baltimore, Colorado, Compton, Hartford, Napa Valley, Valdosta have sent in exports. Our new friend in Montreal didn't export. So they'll stay there and play out the playoffs as an AI team until he posts for the first time and exports.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

REPUBLIC LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
GAME 1: New York 2, Colorado 1
Darren Lyons threw 8 innings of six-hit ball and gave up 1 earned run and struck out 9 as the Heroes drew first blood.

Greg Harris went 3 for 4 with 2 doubles in the win.

CONTINENTAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
GAME 1: Montreal 3, Valdosta 2
Joe Spellacy cast a spell that worked for him. Barely. 8 innings of 7 hit ball, 2 walks, 2 earned on 3 strikeouts to get the win over the Peanuts on the road.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
Tasan
College Starter

Howdy folks, anyone else here?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 2: New York 6, Colorado 2
George Hart dominated for New York. He threw a complete game, walking just one and striking out 8. The offense produced more than enough runs and the Heroes are up 2-0 in the series as it shifts back to Colorado.

GAME 2: Valdosta 5, Montreal 4
Jerry Manning went 1 for 4 with a HR and 3 RBI for Montreal, but it didn't matter as Danny Slaughter scored on a fielders choice, after stealing a base third with no one out in the bottom of the 9th to give the Peanuts the victory.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 3: New York 8, Colorado 6
The Heroes are just a win away from the Classic after a win on the road. Don Linfoot was a monster, going 3 for 3 with a double, two home runs and 5 RBI in the win. Bob Sharpe earned the win, Cal Murdoch his second save.

GAME 3: Valdosta 5, Montreal 3
Pat Nguyen went 3 for 5 with a HR and 3 RBI in the victory. Chang Yu went 8 innings, striking out 4 and giving up just 5 hits and 1 earned in the victory, as the Peanuts scored 3 in the 9th to go up 2-1 in the series.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
GAME 3: New York 8, Colorado 6
The Heroes are just a win away from the Classic after a win on the road. Don Linfoot was a monster, going 3 for 3 with a double, two home runs and 5 RBI in the win. Former Ranchero Bob Sharpe earned the win, Cal Murdoch his second save.

GAH
Old 01-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GAME 5: New York 7, Colorado 5
Cal Murdoch and the New York Heroes are headed to the Classic for the first time in New York. The team scored two runs in the 10th, as the city hopes to capture its first ever RL title and first title since Brooklyn won in 2000. (The last Manhattan-based team to win a title was the 1997 New York Panthers)

GAME 5: Valdosta 3, Montreal 2
Logan Walls took his Peanuts to the Classic, after an 8 inning performance where he struck out 5 and gave up no earned runs. (Valdosta made 3 errors) Pat Nguyen went 2 for 4 with a double and 2 RBI, as the Peanuts make the Classic for the 16th time in franchise history. Hartford has 13 appearances, Colorado has 11.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2004 FOOL CLASSIC

GAME 1: Valdosta 3, New York 0
Julio Gonzalez pitched a complete game, striking out 10 and walking just 1, as the Peanuts dominated. Darren Lyons had problems, despite going 8 innings and giving up no earned runs, as he walked 5 and struck out just 2. Still, the game was scoreless until Valdosta scored 3 in the 8th, to claim the first victory of the 2004 FOOL Classic.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2004 FOOL CLASSIC

GAME 2: New York 6, Valdosta 1
George Hart struck out six Peanuts and gave up no earned runs, as the Heroes tied the series on the road in Valdosta. Gil Castillo went 2 for 4 with a home run and 2 RBI in the win.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I had to manually count those titles that each team had, too. lol..took forever.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2004 FOOL CLASSIC

GAME 3: New York 6, Valdosta 3
Fernando Maldonado went 2 for 4 with a HR and RBI as the Heroes take a 2-1 lead in the Classic. Bob Sharpe won his second game as the two teams combined for 22 hits. Junior Kong went 4 for 4 for Valdosta in the loss.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:10 PM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2004 FOOL CLASSIC

GAME 4: New York 2, Valdosta 1 (11 innings)
Gary Downey pays dividends, says the billboard for a bank advertisement near the Heroes stadium in Manhattan. And that he did in Game 4 of the Classic. He went 9 1/3 innings, striking out 9 and walking no one, but didn't get the decision as the game was ended in the 11th on an Elmer Buchanan single that brought home Greg Harris to give the Heroes a 3-1 lead in the '04 Classic.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2004 FOOL CLASSIC

GAME 5: Valdosta 6, New York 5
Julio Gonzalez pitched the Peanuts back from the brink, despite giving up 10 hits. He struck out 8 and walked 3, as the Peanuts cut their deficit to 3 games to 2 in the Best of 9 game Classic. The Heroes scored 2 in the bottom of the 9th, but it wasn't enough in the end. Powell Hall got his first save of the postseason.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:14 PM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2004 FOOL CLASSIC

GAME 6: New York 4, Valdosta 2
Darren Lyons pitched 8 innings, giving up 2 earned and striking out 5, as the Heroes are a win away from their first Classic title in New York. Doug Linfoot went 3 for 4 with two doubles and 2 RBI in the victory, as Cal Murdoch got his 4th save of the postseason in the win. The Heroes broke a 2-2 tie in the 9th, scoring the two winning runs in the top half of that inning.

Jim Whitman was the lone bright spot for the Peanuts, going 2 for 4 with a double and a home run.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:15 PM   #15
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2004 FOOL CLASSIC

GAME 7: Valdosta 4, New York 3
Stan Cox stopped the buck on ending the playoffs yet. He struck out 8 and gave up just one earned in what's amounted to a pitchers duel of a series. Steve Marsh went 2 for 3 with 2 RBI in the win and Chris Pollock notched his 3rd save of the post-season, as the Peanuts trail 4 games to 3.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2004 FOOL CLASSIC

GAME 8: Valdosta 7, New York 2
The Peanuts are serious. They pumped at 21 hits to New York's 4, as they forced a deciding 9th game in the 2004 Classic, the first human involved Classic that we've seen since 1987.

Logan Walls threw a complete game 4 hitter, striking out 9. Steve Marsh went 3 for 4 with a home run and 3 RBI and Junior Kong went 4 for 5 with a HR and two runs scored.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #17
Tasan
College Starter

Good grief. Come on Alan and the Peanuts!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #18
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2004 FOOL CLASSIC

GAME 9: Valdosta 2, New York 1
The Valdosta Peanuts won their 9th championship as a franchise in FOOL after a thriller. Tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 9th and two one, Jose Flores hit a 1-0 single to score the game winning run.

It's the team's first human involved title since 1974 and GM Alan T's 5th FOOL title overall, tying him with currently retired and former Hartford GM muns with 5 overall.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #19
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I didn't realize it'd been that long since you'd actually won one of these Alan until I did the research (given your retirement, the freeze period and now our return) so this has to be kinda cool to be back and winning titles, huh? Restores the natural order of things a bit?
Old 01-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #20
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I didn't realize it'd been that long since you'd actually won one of these Alan until I did the research (given your retirement, the freeze period and now our return) so this has to be kinda cool to be back and winning titles, huh? Restores the natural order of things a bit?

Well, any time you win the title it is a good feeling, especially in a competitive league like this one. The Montreal series went pretty much as I expected, the New York series was tough but I also figured that it would be tough no matter who I faced in the Classic.

THis offseason I once again have to cut salary and figure out where that will be coming from. The fun thing about this league lately is every year a new champion!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #21
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'll do awards on the off-season thread.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #22
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Its late for me, I need to hit the bed. I'll see how the boys did in the postseason and try to figure out what to do from here!

I look forward to seeing the DC trademark banner art though!

Night all

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #23
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well, any time you win the title it is a good feeling, especially in a competitive league like this one. The Montreal series went pretty much as I expected, the New York series was tough but I also figured that it would be tough no matter who I faced in the Classic.

THis offseason I once again have to cut salary and figure out where that will be coming from. The fun thing about this league lately is every year a new champion!

I REALLY hoped we'd get that sort of parity once we restarted. I've also noticed that the best players aren't always the 5-star guys. In each playoff I've watched, we've seen lots of 2-star and 1-star guys who should be "washed up" emerge as really good players. We never used to see that consistently and now, it seems, the formula for putting together a good team is no longer "load up on the best stars" but it seems to "actually find the right balance of talent."

It's a fun time to be around, I think.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #24
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2005 Off-season Thread - Front Office Football Central