Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
Lorena
Unregistered

If you don't shut up, i'm gonna shoot your ass!

(CNN) -- A man angry that a family was talking during a movie threw popcorn at the son and then shot the father in the arm, according to police in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

James Joseph Cialella, 29, was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and weapons violations, a police report said.
Cialella told the family sitting in front of him in the theater on Christmas Day to be quiet, police said.

An argument ensued while others at the Riverview Movie Theatre watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," starring Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

Cialella then approached the family from the left side of the aisle and the father, who was not identified, as he was standing between Cialella and his family, according to the police report.

The victim was taken to Jefferson Hospital with a gunshot wound to his left arm, police said.

Cialella was carrying a Kel-Tec .380-caliber handgun clipped inside his sweatpants, police said. He was arrested and taken into custody

Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

"Well he should have been a better shot and got him in the head"
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

"You just shot an unarmed man!"

"Well, he shoulda armed himself!"
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

As the defamer puts it:

Crime And Punishment: Filmgoer Gets Firing Squad For Talking During 'Benjamin Button'

Quote:
Like the Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at President Bush, a Philadelphia moviegoer earned instant folk-hero status on Christmas by shooting a viewer who wouldn't shut up during The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Quote:
We're no lawyers, but surely we've arrived at a point at which the forcible silencing of chatty theater patrons is as self-defensive as shooting a burglar — particularly when it comes to the exquisite craft of David Fincher, whose reaction to this news no doubt supplanted Button's debut as his "first rimjob" moment. As such, consider this the launch of the Free Cialella campaign. We know tolerating a single act of gun violence can create a slippery slope (shooting your upstairs neighbor who spent the last week rewatching Mamma Mia! at high volume is still not justifiable, alas), but surely some genius defense attorney out there can convince a jury that Cialella was acting on all filmgoers' behalves, and in the interest of cinema in general.

Or, in the instance that he really is just a lunatic, at least get some cultural mileage out of the attack. We could use a hero, batshit South Philly gun-fiend or not.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 12-29-2008 at 10:22 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

That's why I don't go to the movies that often, and when I do I go during the middle of the week around 3-6pm. The last time I went the entire theater got kicked out because some kids wanted to throw soda and pop corn on people. None of it hit me but it hit some black lady who got her boyfriend and his friends to come in there ready to pounce on those kids.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #6
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

what is it with guns and sweatpants?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #7
AZSpeechCoach
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
what is it with guns and sweatpants?

They have lots of room for the gun and still let your nuggnuts air out.

Visit Stewart the Wonderbear and his amazing travels
http://wonderbeartravel.blogspot.com
AZSpeechCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #8
SportsDino
College Prospect

The teenagers are very annoying, I also try to see movies at off times to avoid the bother. While never shooting anyone, did have a time where I went beyond the normal shut up to including expletives and other insults. The kid shut up for most of the movie, but at the end thought to make a clever remark and had half the theatre (and his friends) tell him off.

Where are people being taught to actively be trolls, not just on message boards, but in real life where you could conceivably be shot? I think its a side effect of sheltering brats from consequences, what do you think? (Next time on Montel....)
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote