Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
molson
General Manager

Week 17 Fantasy Thread

Is anyone else still playing in a championship game?

Decisions get weird week 17, with trying to make sense of meaningful/meaningless games.

Here's my tentative lineup.

QB: Thigpen over Warner and Schaub. Easy decision here. I had a thought that Arizona might take this game seriously and try to get Warner going, but it's just too risky. Thigpen will be out there the whole game against a bad team and is bound to throw some TDs

RB: Adrian Peterson and Sammy Morris over Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, and Pierre Thomas. I wish I had a better option than Morris, but he should be safe for at least 60-70 yards rushing. Thomas is banged up, Johnson won't play the whole game, and Jones-Drew is playing a tough D.

WR: Greg Jennings, TJ Houshmandzadeh, and Antonio Bryant over Mushin Muhammad, Devery Henderson, and Ted Ginn Jr. This is the one I'm least settled on. Bryant's a lock to start. Jennings is a lock too, even at some risk. But I'm tempted to bench TJ for either Muhammad or Henderson. I figure Brees will air it out in New Orleans, and Muhammad has quietly put together a steady year, and has a meaningful game. EDIT: Housh is on the inactive list, and I was able to swap him with Devery Henderson in time. Hopefully Henderson breaks one.

TE: Visanthe Shiancoe over Dallas Clark. Clark's been great, but probably won't play the whole game. There's a bunch of other random TE's available as FAs (Fasano, Miller, Olsen, Graham, Lewis), but Shiancoe had a monster game last week and seems as good a play as any.

K: Stephen Gostkowski. Not sure how he ended up on the waiver wire, but I snagged him and dumped Jason Hansen. EDIT: After hearing about 60 mph-wind gusts in Buffalo, I replace Gostkowski with Elam.

D: Falcons over Dolphins. These were clearly the two best options, and as much as I can see a Jets meltdown at home this week, the Rams are just worse. And the fact that the Patriots playoff chances may come down to the Jets winning would be the tiebreaker, if it the decision was closer. I don't want to hedge my bets, I'll be (hopefully) rooting for the Jets in that game.

Last edited by molson : 12-28-2008 at 11:52 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm down about 50 points going into week 2 of our finals. Welp.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
I would tell the commish of the league to move the championship up to week 16. If refused, I would leave the league.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:42 AM   #4
Celeval
Pro Starter

Won 1 of my 2 (free, yahoo) leagues this year, thanks to 2-TD receiving performances by Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson, plus a good game by Schaub. Should have started Peyton over Thigpen in the other QB slot, but didn't end up mattering.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote