Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Leverage - new TNT tv series

Has anyone watched this show yet? Last night was the second episode (it comes on Tuesday nights at 10pm on TNT). I decided I would catch some episodes while most of the other various tv shows have a short break between now and next month. I usually love movies like the Italian Job, or Oceans 11,12,13 so this tv series seems to fit right down my alley.

So far I have enjoyed it, and think it could do pretty well if it gets enough attention on TNT. Just curious if anyone else has caught either episode and their thoughts.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #2
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

wasn't last night the 3rd episode?

I watched the first one. It was okay - a bit hokey and stuff, but watchable. I think it will be better now that they don't have to waste time and flimsy pretenses getting the gang together. Hopefully now they can just focus on the con/heist part of the show.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Has anyone watched this show yet? Last night was the second episode (it comes on Tuesday nights at 10pm on TNT). I decided I would catch some episodes while most of the other various tv shows have a short break between now and next month. I usually love movies like the Italian Job, or Oceans 11,12,13 so this tv series seems to fit right down my alley.

So far I have enjoyed it, and think it could do pretty well if it gets enough attention on TNT. Just curious if anyone else has caught either episode and their thoughts.

Last night was probably the third episode...or at least the second non-pilot episode. They started with an episode on Sunday before shifting to a Tuesday schedule last week.

I've been enjoying the show quite a bit. It has a fun Oceans 11 feel and the characters are pretty good. They play off of each other well and have enough personality to be interesting individually. I think this one will be a keeper.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Was the one with the Iraqi money the second or third episode. I have so far been watching this on tnt.com (since my wife was watching a movie on the tv last night). Sounds like I have a new episode to watch still (I think they replay it tonight at some point)

Old 12-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #5
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Was the one with the Iraqi money the second or third episode. I have so far been watching this on tnt.com (since my wife was watching a movie on the tv last night). Sounds like I have a new episode to watch still (I think they replay it tonight at some point)

That was the second.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:46 AM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
That was the second.

I'll have to try to catch the third one tonight on replay then.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:06 AM   #7
cuervo72
Head Coach

I've been meaning to give this a shot but keep forgetting about it. Its creator/executive producer was the writer on DC's [now canceled] Blue Beetle.

(now that production on the show has wrapped, I hope he gets back to comics for a bit)

Last edited by cuervo72 : 12-17-2008 at 10:18 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #8
rowech
Pro Starter

Good show...have really enjoyed it. Characters are all different enough, music gives it the Ocean's 11 feel, and the hour goes by quickly.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:44 PM   #9
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've watched the show - it's alright, but it's nowhere near as good as Hustle, for example. I think the problem for me is that the scams aren't that believable - the fact that the so-called grifter actress can't act at all isn't helping.

Last edited by Peregrine : 12-17-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #10
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I've watched the show - it's alright, but it's nowhere near as good as Hustle, for example. I think the problem for me is that the scams aren't that believable - the fact that the so-called grifter actress can't act at all isn't helping.

I actually thought her acting was pretty good...aside from when she is on stage where she is supposed to be bad.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I actually thought her acting was pretty good...aside from when she is on stage where she is supposed to be bad.

Same here, I enjoyed her so far. The blonde woman on the other hand has annoyed me. I also think the hands-2-hands fighter guy is a cheap jason stratham wanna be knock off. But I like the main guy's character alot. I also just enjoy the storylines and this type of show I guess.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #12
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I did happen to watch the last 20 minutes of episode 2 since my wife was checking it out. She had to explain to me who they were but of what I saw, I liked it (and I rarely watch anything on TV).
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #13
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

My wife and I just finished watching the first episode (I recorded the first three). Good stuff. Timothy Hutton and Saul Rubinek gave the show a "Nero Wolfe" feel--Archie Goodwin and Saul Panzer. I told my wife it was almost as good as the first seasons of 'Hustle' plus you could understand what the characters were saying all the time.

I expect the Rubinek character to be a recurring nemesis if this goes on.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:45 AM   #14
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Are people still watching this? I still enjoy this series and last night's show was excellent in my mind. One of my pet peeves about TV shows is that the main character(s) always are smarter, stronger, wittier or whatever then everyone else and never lose it seems. It was nice seeing the Leverage guys get one-upped big time last night. Of course I am sure all of that will be undone in next week's show... but still I thought an excellent episode.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:08 AM   #15
gi
College Prospect

Wife and I have this on the to watch list. Still enjoying the show and I'm liking how they are doing character development. Some of the material is cheesy, but I can deal with it.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #16
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I've been kind of on the fence all year, and that plane episode really sapped what little enthusiasm I had for the show. I'm still recording, but good lord that was awful.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #17
Taur
High School Varsity

I am liking each so less and less. IT seems like the "Con" is now being crammed into the last 10 minutes of the show as an afterthought.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #18
rowech
Pro Starter

I'm 50/50 on this show. I'll finish out the season and I really want to like it. I'm just not finding myself liking it as much.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:05 AM   #19
gi
College Prospect

The 'Con' has was always the least important thing to me. I'm liking the character development. I have the last episode on my DVR and will probably watch it this weekend.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:00 AM   #20
NewIdentity
High School JV

I am going to be pissed if Jeri Ryan's character replaces Sophie! Ryan would almost ruin this series for me.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

Last edited by NewIdentity : 10-03-2009 at 03:01 AM.
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #21
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewIdentity View Post
I am going to be pissed if Jeri Ryan's character replaces Sophie! Ryan would almost ruin this series for me.

Sophie was obviously pregnant at the end, so it all depends on how the real-life actress wants to handle her new kid.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote