Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

World of Goo

Has anyone else tried this game? I've been playing it and have really been floored by how good it is. Basically it's a physics-based puzzle game where you have to solve a bunch of challenges by chaining together "goo balls" with various properties. It's hard to explain - not only is the gameplay mind-blowingly good, the music and graphics are fantastic, and the game is just so unique. I highly recommend it - there's a demo which gives you a taste and really if you like this kind of game, you need to try this.

Trailer and reviews - 2D Boy: Games

Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

yes. i can't get past the tower level.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

World of Goo is an awesome game, it's crazy that only two people worked on it. One of my favorites to come out all year on any platform.

sachmo71 make sure you're base is wide enough, once you have a good foundation it's pretty straightforward. Just keep the balance by adding a bit on the left, then some on the right, then the left, etc...
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
Calis
College Starter

I keep meaning to try this. I really love the style of it, and I've heard great things, just such a busy gaming time.

I did read a thing the other day, I guess the game keeps a leaderboard of everyone that plays, and has no(I think) copy protection. They said that 90% of the people that were on the leaderboard were from pirated copies. That's pretty sad.

Especially hate to see that happen to Indy guys and people who didn't go for the invasive protection schemes.

Maybe over Thanksgiving I'll pick it up.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote