Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

FOFC - Virtual World Tour

The Images So Cool thread got me thinking. We have a very good mix of people here on this board who have various ties to several locations. Why not incorporate this into a "Virtual World Tour". This thread could be the master thread with links to the other detailed threads about various parts of the country and the world. Anyone who has anything to share about those locations can share stories, facts, local lore, pictures, whatever they would like, within those threads.

I will use this post to link to the other threads (figured it would be easier to track if we had a thread per area/state/region, whatever breakdown makes the most sense).

Is there enough interest in something like that? I would be more than happy to share what I have about either Jersey, Vegas, Chennai or Macau.

If the interest is there I will start one off tonight and anyone else who would like to begin one let me know in this thread and I will link to your thread about that area.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

This is a picture of my children and myself in front of the house where I grew up in the city of New Orleans. You can see the spraypaint in the background where the search crews checked out the house. I used to jump off of that white brick railing over the metal fence next door. Lots of memories here, but like the old saying goes, it felt much smaller going back.

New Orleans is a very strange place to grow up. Life there is just...different. When we moved to Dallas, it was quite an adjustment. The neighborhood were the hardest thing to get used to. Everything in New Orleans was so close. You could get around the block in minutes by cutting through yards and jumping some fences. I guess it must be sort of like what New York or another older city feels like.

This is St. Rita Catholic Church in New Orleans. Every Sunday we would walk to this church, as it was only a couple of block from the house. I have a lot of memories of this church. My friend and I used to climb up into the bell tower. I was an alterboy here for a number of years, as well. There are tons of old building is New Orleans. I miss that.

St. Rita School in New Orleans where I attended kindergarten through sixth grade. None of the kids in my family attended public school in New Orleans because the school system was consistently one of the worst in the nation. At least the private schools were affordable.

Here we are boarding a streetcar in New Orleans. I heard a lot of these were damaged during Katrina, but they are a big part of New Orleans culture.

Most people who have been to New Orleans have seen St. Louis Cathedral before. It's one of the oldest Catholic cathedrals in the United States, established in 1720.

The Mississippi river, without which New Orleans wouldn't even exist. Quite a change moving to Dallas with the Trinity River.

Last edited by sachmo71 : 11-20-2008 at 02:09 PM.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
RendeR
Coordinator

Umm, nice...picture?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I like the Pittsburgh area, and I really like my job here, but a big part of me misses New Orleans.