Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-30-2008, 02:11 AM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

Wolverine Studios Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2

I just happened to go over to the Wolverine Studios to see what Gary was up to and low and behold they just announced a new version to their excellent basketball sim DDS:PB 2!
Gary said they would be releasing the feature list next week adn it si pretty much from the sound of it done since he had been using the original DDS:PB to teach himself .NET coding for the new Pro Football game he is working on. That being the case it appears the initial release can be resonably be xpected to be released by December or definitely XMAS.

Announcement
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're very happy to announce that fans of the DDS: PB series who have waited a long time for an update to their favorite game won't have to wait too much longer. DDS: Pro Basketball 2 is on the horizon.

You may ask, basketball? What happened to football? As I stated in my recent update thread we decided that it was best to delay DDS:Pro Football not only because of the timing with football season but because the transition to .NET took a serious amount of time for me and we're working from scratch so there were a great number of details to work through and make sure we work out right. I also talked about how in order to get more comfortable with .NET I began redoing the code work on DDSPB - in doing so I also began to make changes to the code to factor in community suggestions or my own ideas for where the series would go next. By converting the DDSPB code I was finally able to get a good handle on .NET and progress was being made on DDS:PF - but not enough where it would have been done anywhere near in time for this season or at least to be done in a state that would have made it a worthwhile game to compare with the leader in the football sim genre.

Fans of the DDS:PB series have been very patient - they've waited quite some time for an update to the game they came here for in the first place and since the code had been redone to be updated to .NET and the extended time frame we expect football to take we felt there was no reason to make those people wait until even after that point to get a new version of DDS:PB. I'm happy to report that the code is in good working order and most of all the new features I wanted to add are added - like I said, I was essentially developing the two games side by side so it has been a work in progress for some time now. That doesn't mean that I won't be adding more suggestions during the end of development and even during the FirstAccess stage though. I would suggest that if you do have something you want considered to get into the suggestions forum for DDS:PB2 right now. We did go through the suggestions forum from DDS:PB so hopefully the changes we will make will be of interest to everyone. We will announce the feature list sometime next week more than likely.

But for the people exclusively waiting on DDS:PF - don't worry. The work hasn't stopped there either. Tim and I are still working to develop the "logic" of the game in some parts and we will certainly continue on that work as I finish up the code work on the new DDS:PB2 game and then resume code work on DDS:PF. In the end the decision was that we had one new game pretty close to being done and one new game that needed a fair amount more time so rather than make everyone wait we're just switching the order we planned to release the games. I'm sure the fans of the DDS:PB series will be excited by this news and I hope that the fans waiting patiently on DDS:PF only will continue to participate in discussions with us to help us shape that game.

Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Already posted

Wolverine Studios Announces DDS: Pro Basketball 2 - Front Office Football Central
Old 10-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

Oops thanks. surprised not more people commenting on this coming out.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Oops thanks. surprised not more people commenting on this coming out.

Just not much of a NBA fan. I bought DD:PB and played it maybe once or twice ever, so was a huge waste of money for me. Same problem I had with Championship manager. I thought maybe buying a good game would help me enjoy a sport that I don't currently enjoy.. it just didn't unfortunately for me.

When their pro football game comes out I'll likely buy that whether it is next year or whenever.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote