Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
Tasan
College Starter

Colorado Block (1981)

Okay I'm starting my own thread for this block. I'm blowing up the Rancheros. Two of the past three offseasons saw me flail about, missing on just about everything I wanted. I can't get this team where I want it, so I'm taking it apart. Everything is available on the major league and AAA roster except CF Morris and possibly MR Terada, although he could be had. I'm already in discussions with one owner, so come on down and join the fun! There are several quality relievers and a few talented hitters. I'm looking for building blocks, guys a season or more from being completely ready. A sampling:

SP Joe Hart, 4.5 star
SP Arturo Pereira, 4.5 star
RP Sylvain Beauchamp, 5 star
RP Harry Clark, 4.5 star
CL Dan Brewer, 4.5 star, 43 saves last season

Thats a sampling, there are others. PM me. I'm primarily looking for lefty CON/POW hitters and quality of any kind pitching.

Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
muns
Pro Starter

You have a PM sir
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Anthony
Banned

hey tasan meet me in the chat room. we can get down with the getdown.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
Anthony
Banned

wow. nevermind, i guess you decided to trade 3 of your best players to DC for no reason whatsoever without getting more offers from other teams. i like how a team decides to rebuild, puts out a trade block and essentially takes the 1st offer he gets sveral hours later. this changes everything.

Last edited by Anthony : 10-23-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
wow. nevermind, i guess you decided to trade 3 of your best players to DC for no reason whatsoever without getting more offers from other teams. i like how a team decides to rebuild, puts out a trade block and essentially takes the 1st offer he gets sveral hours later. this changes everything.

To be fair, muns made him an offer, and I did, too.

You can question that he would put the block here now near the end of the offseason, but he did not just take the first offer, I assure you.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #6
Anthony
Banned

no further comment.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

He's a smart guy. You all just sit back and hush. Don't be mad that I'm gonna finish 2nd this year to Hartford.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #8
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
To be fair, muns made him an offer, and I did, too.

You can question that he would put the block here now near the end of the offseason, but he did not just take the first offer, I assure you.

ill even take it a step further and say that the deadline is at 10 right when you posted asking to talk so im sure time was a factor as well.

Historically this league doesnt do a whole lot of trades period so when you get an offer, fair or not depending on your teams situation, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, and yes I made an offer as well

Last edited by muns : 10-23-2008 at 09:24 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #9
Tasan
College Starter

Anthony, I'm actually really sorry I didn't see your message in time. I like nothing better than juggling multiple deals at once. You would have been #4 in there tonight, and who knows I might have gotten a better deal.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #10
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Anthony, I'm actually really sorry I didn't see your message in time. I like nothing better than juggling multiple deals at once. You would have been #4 in there tonight, and who knows I might have gotten a better deal.

So, considering I offered to only take one of those pitchers off of your hands, and switched that one pitcher in, would you have considered that deal, Tasan? I think you and DC posted before you saw it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #11
Tasan
College Starter

You are correct CR. I would have considered that last deal and held up DC's. Its all good though.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #12
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yup, yes it is. Good luck this season, Tasan.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #13
Anthony
Banned

let's put it this way - i would've given you what DC gave you.

for one pitcher.

i had posted in another thread that i had a lot of OF 5 star prospects that i was looking to package for even 1 good SP. and i wouldn't have given you a dime a dozen SP like Lilly. just leaves a bad taste in my mouth cuz 4 days ago i asked about Pereira and he wasn't available. and now all of a sudden you don't only trade Pereira, but see fit to package another 4.5 star SP along with him.

here's what you said to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony via PM
OF John Hunt for SP Perreira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reply from Tasan
No thanks. I don't really have a need for Hunt, and Pereira is one of my best pitchers. Thanks though.

granted, you may not have wanted a OF who was over 30, but i just find it mindboggling that in 4 days you go from not wanting to move Pereira, but you put him on the block and then completely ignore someone who expressed interest in that player, and shoot yourself in the foot in the process by trading him along with another top pitcher. so it wasn't enough to just give him Pereira, you had to sweeten the deal with Hart also? it was much easier to do that than to PM me and say "hey, you inquired about Pereira a few days ago, things have changed and he's now available, here's what i'm looking for...".

Last edited by Anthony : 10-24-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #14
Pike
H.S. Freshman Team

Jesus Anthony, change your tampon already man. For real.

If you keep this up, don't be shocked if no one decides to do business with you.

Guys, I'm sorry to be so continually negative here but this guy is really starting to grate with his BS sense of entitlement and conspiracy theories.

Last edited by Pike : 10-24-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Pike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #15
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Old 10-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #16
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I would have to agree with Anthony here. I do feel owners here do not shop around for the best deal. Granted I am not one to really make trades, but I do feel that if a GM really tried they could get more bang for their buck if they really tried. That said it is strictly the dealing team that chooses who they want to deal with, but they are not doing themselves any favors if not searching for the best offer.

One note to support the trade is how close it was posted to the deadline, so maybe there was just no time to seek out other offers.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #17
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't think Anthony is saying anything here different than other owners have said before regarding a team deciding to blow itself up and rebuild but waiting until late in the offseason to do so (Rather than start the weekend before). He isn't the first or second or even third person to gripe about that.

I think there are a few personality conflicts at play here, Anthony is the type of person who is very direct and says what he thinks or feels, even if he is right or wrong. Others are seeing him as complaining or griping, which might be the case to some extent, but that doesn't necessarily invalidate his points.

So far the two issues that I have seen Anthony go crazy about is the whole expanded playoff thing (which last time I checked more owners agree with him than disagree so far), and this trade block (which several of our other respected league members have had similar gripes about previous teams doing similar things). I think the difference here is Anthony probably presents things in a less tactful manner than I might have and it is rubbing people the wrong way.

Lets back off of the personal insults (unless it is intended for smack talk and then not truly anything personal.) I'd much rather attack the issues than the people.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #18
Anthony
Banned

sorry for that alan, you're completely all class.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #19
Tasan
College Starter

I'll point you to the trades forum for the second part of the deal that will be done after the season.