Old 10-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sentancing is Dec 5th and he faces life
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:07 AM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't know the facts too well on this case, so for all I know, it was an open and shut case. But you can't tell me those jurors didn't at least a little have 13 years ago in mind. I wonder if OJ was really convicted of armed robbery, or if he just had a long delayed sentencing for double murder?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:11 AM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He definantly got tried for a crime he was already cleared of
Old 10-04-2008, 01:17 AM   #5
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Huh?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:23 AM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Huh?

He was found not guilty of murder, and I am certain every one of the jurors in his current trial were familiar with the previous case.

Their knowledge of past events probably tainted their judgement in this trial.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:26 AM   #7
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Glad to see these people didn't drop the ball.

He should have been executed by now for chopping off his ex's head.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:27 AM   #8
stevew
Hall Of Famer

dola

But please, no Fred Goldman. Don't ever need to see that guy again.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:41 AM   #9
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:

What's your position on his most recent dangerous idiocy?
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:46 AM   #10
st.cronin
General Manager

From what I was able to pick up about this case the evidence was not really very persuasive - it seemed to me that he was indicted mainly for being OJ. I didn't think he was going to be convicted of anything.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:46 AM   #11
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths View Post
What's your position on his most recent dangerous idiocy?

I wasn't aware I declared a position on his first trial.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:49 AM   #12
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
I wasn't aware I declared a position on his first trial.

Probably why I asked you about his second. Postion?
Old 10-04-2008, 01:52 AM   #13
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths View Post
Probably why I asked you about his second. Postion?

I think OJ kiled his wife and Goldman and got away with murder.

I also think since he was found innocent of those crimes the jury in his current trial needed to seperate the two and I doubt that happened which is unfair to OJ.

That being said I have no problem with him going to jail for the rest of his life.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:54 AM   #14
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
I think OJ kiled his wife and Goldman and got away with murder.

I also think since he was found innocent of those crimes the jury in his current trial needed to seperate the two and I doubt that happened which is unfair to OJ.

That being said I have no problem with him going to jail for the rest of his life.

Okay. So in terms of his second trial...the sense I'm getting is that you're not up on the details? Not trying to pin you into a corner or anything, but with some pretty strong statements I guess I'm just trying to figure out why you don't seem to think he's guilty of his latest apparent transgressions.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:02 AM   #15
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Again you are putting words in my mouth.

I never said I think he is guilty or not guilty. I said I dont think it was possible for him to get a fair trial based on his history, anyone that thinks otherwise is naive, IMO.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:04 AM   #16
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I never said I think he is guilty or not guilty. I said I dont think it was possible for him to get a fair trial based on his history, anyone that thinks otherwise is naive, IMO.

I understand what you are saying, and agree. But with your original statement I can see where people would assume you were implying that the current trial was bullshit and he was guilt based upon his prior trial.

You might say that's idiotic, but I could see it.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:05 AM   #17
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:

Not putting words in your mouth -- just trying to figure out your position on the latest trial. I suppose I'll just settle for "not going to give an answer". Fair enough. You and I are certainly agreed on his first trial, and on the odds that the second trial's jury was tainted.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:08 AM   #18
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I understand what you are saying, and agree. But with your original statement I can see where people would assume you were implying that the current trial was bullshit and he was guilt based upon his prior trial.

to be honest if jurors went into this trial with preconceived notions about his guilt or innocence then I do think the recent trial was bullshit.

That being said I think he is probably guilty in this case

Last edited by Lathum : 10-04-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:15 AM   #19
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
to be honest if jurors went into this trial with preconceived notions about his guilt or innocence then I do think the recent trial was bullshit.

That being said I think he is probably guilty in this case

Agreed 100%.

I felt the only way O.J. was walking away from this one is if something major happened for his side. I felt the evidence was there for a guilty charge, and with his past, it was a guarantee.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:17 AM   #20
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

yup
Old 10-04-2008, 02:38 AM   #21
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Guilty is guilty, regardless of his past there was enough evidence to find him guilty in this case by just about anyone, even if they never heard of OJ.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #22
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution View Post
Guilty is guilty, regardless of his past there was enough evidence to find him guilty in this case by just about anyone, even if they never heard of OJ.

do you honestly think he was given a fair trial by an impartial jury?
Old 10-04-2008, 03:16 AM   #23
SCgoatman
n00b

i think lathum was the whiny child that so wanted to physically assault me or whatever extremely immature/borderline illegal threat he made w/ regard to my last post, but I completely agree with him. It's highly doubtful that it was an "unbiased" jury; and frankly is yet another example of what a complete joke the jury system is. Any intelligent person that has suffered the pain of being on a jury w/ 11 average americans knows just how easily stupid people are swayed not by facts but by the most expensive/talented lawyer.

That said, from what I've seen, there is fairly substantial evidence that "OJ did it!" as the white people as my HS screamed 13 years ago in both cases. So maybe jury trials actually do work ~50% of the time. Or maybe OJ just didn't have enough $$$ left to buy the case.
SCgoatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:29 AM   #24
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I'm fine with OJ being locked up. At best, he was an abusive husband that dared to behave irresponsibly afterward.

At worst, he is a double-murderer that dared to behave irresponsibly after getting away with the most heinous crime there is.

See ya, OJ, you fucking idiot.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:45 AM   #25
thesloppy
Pro Starter

There was another dude found guilty with him. Despite the fact that no jury may not be able to give OJ a completely fair trial, I also believe no jury would knowingly send another person to jail as well, possibly for life, for OJs actions 13 years ago.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:11 AM   #26
Flasch186
Coordinator

on stupidity alone he's guilty.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:06 AM   #27
Logan
Head Coach

Amazing to me that this verdict came 13 years to the day after the last one.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #28
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

OJ got a second chance, and he blew it. I guess in the realm of right and wrong it sucks that he could probably never get an impartial jury, but in the realm of karma, it's quite a juicy kettle of fish.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #29
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I also believe no jury would knowingly send another person to jail as well, possibly for life, for OJs actions 13 years ago.

You overestimate juries IMO.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #30
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
on stupidity alone he's guilty.

Yup. Even if his defense was true, was still guilty as an accessory. You and I in the same case would be going to jail for the same thing, but no one would care because our name isn't OJ.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #31
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
So who is now going to carry on the search for the killers? Or maybe that was OJ's plan all along, and he was almost certain that the killer is in the Nevada State prison system, and this is his way of continuing the search.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #32
molson
General Manager

Quote:

What's your point?

Should OJ just get a pass the rest of his life because he lucked out once?

He wasn't "cleared" or "found innocent" last time. He WAS found responsible in a civil trial.

It's impossible to have a perfect criminal system (if our system were perfect, OJ would already be doing life). If you are charged with 4 crimes, plead guilty to 2 and have 2 dismissed per plea deal, at your next sentencing, the judge WILL consider all 4 crimes. The prosecutor will consider ALL 4 crimes when deciding whether to charge you next time, or when deciding how many crimes to charge you with, or when deciding what penalties to ask for.

And that's not really a bad thing, because generally, innocent people do avoid even criminal charges. If you'd prefer a criminal justice system in a vacuum, I anxiously await your law review article about how such a thing is possible, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

But as for OJ, he got a lucky break, and STILL threw it all away. What a moron. It's a great day for justice. MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY criminals walk free, most without being charged. I'm not going feel bad about enjoying the fate of one of the worst criminals who walked free, who's now going back where he belongs.

OJ of ALL people, should understand a perfect criminal justice system is impossible, and he should have certainly known that he ran the risk, the rest of his life, of scrutiny from not only law enforcement, but regular people walking down the street. Wouldn't you live a different kind of life? Wouldn't you be a tad more careful about bullying drivers and schemes with guns? He thought he was above the law.

Last edited by molson : 10-04-2008 at 11:03 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:08 AM   #33
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCgoatman View Post
i think lathum was the whiny child that so wanted to physically assault me or whatever extremely immature/borderline illegal threat he made w/ regard to my last post.

Gimme a break. You were probably the kid who got stuffed in lockers and got his ass kicked everyday then yelled "I'm gonna sue you!"

"Illegal threat" don't be such a faggot about what someone says to you on a message board you little bitch.

End of threadjack
Old 10-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #34
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
What's your point?

Should OJ just get a pass the rest of his life because he lucked out once?

He wasn't "cleared" or "found innocent" last time. He WAS found responsible in a civil trial.

It's impossible to have a perfect criminal system (if our system were perfect, OJ would already be doing life). If you are charged with 4 crimes, plead guilty to 2 and have 2 dismissed per plea deal, at your next sentencing, the judge WILL consider all 4 crimes. The prosecutor will consider ALL 4 crimes when deciding whether to charge you next time, or when deciding how many crimes to charge you with, or when deciding what penalties to ask for.

And that's not really a bad thing, because generally, innocent people do avoid even criminal charges. If you'd prefer a criminal justice system in a vacuum, I anxiously await your law review article about how such a thing is possible, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

But as for OJ, he got a lucky break, and STILL threw it all away. What a moron. It's a great day for justice. MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY criminals walk free, most without being charged. I'm not going feel bad about enjoying the fate of one of the worst criminals who walked free, who's now going back where he belongs.

OJ of ALL people, should understand a perfect criminal justice system is impossible, and he should have certainly known that he ran the risk, the rest of his life, of scrutiny from not only law enforcement, but regular people walking down the street. Wouldn't you live a different kind of life? Wouldn't you be a tad more careful about bullying drivers and schemes with guns? He thought he was above the law.

Not really sure what you are getting at other then trying to pick a fight.

I made it very clear I am glad he was found guilty and I hope he goes away forever, he is an idiot, etc...

My only point was ( and many others agreed) was that there is no way he got a fair trial based on his last trial. And you may not like it but in the eyes of the law he is innocent of the last charges against him, despite what the outcome was of the civil suit.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #35
molson
General Manager

Quote:

And you may not like it but in the eyes of the law he is innocent of the last charges against him, despite what the outcome was of the civil suit.

There IS a legal difference between innocent and not guilty in the eyes of the law. He's not innocent in the eyes of the law, for purposes of sentencing, prosecutorial discretion, etc. The fact that he was charged, and found responsible in a civil trial can fairly be considered.

The facts of the first trial could even be potentially relevant evidence in this trial in certain circumstances - though I'm sure the defense was careful not to "open the door" for such relevance, and the prosecutor was reluctant to go there since they had a slam dunk case.

It's just kind of telling (to me) that your first reaction to this news is noting the trial's unfairness, even though you clearly don't know anything about the second case.

"He definantly got tried for a crime he was already cleared of". Geez, you sound like his defense attorney.

Last edited by molson : 10-04-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #36
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Guilty on all counts:

COUNT 1
Conspiracy to Commit a Crime: 1 year in prison

COUNT 2
Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping: 1 to 6 years in prison

COUNT 3
Conspiracy to Commit Robbery: 1 to 6 years in prison

COUNT 4
Burglary with a Deadly Weapon: 2 to 15 years in prison

COUNT 5
First-degree Kidnapping with a Deadly Weapon: 15 years OR life in prison, both with parole eligibility after 5 years (plus 1 to 20 years with deadly weapon enhancement)

COUNT 6
First-degree Kidnapping with a Deadly Weapon: 15 years OR life in prison, both with parole eligibility after 5 years (plus 1 to 20 years with deadly weapon enhancement)

COUNT 7
Robbery with a Deadly Weapon: 2 to 15 years in prison (plus 1 to 15 years with deadly weapon enhancement)

COUNT 8
Robbery with a Deadly Weapon: 2 to 15 years in prison (plus 1 to 15 years with deadly weapon enhancement)

COUNT 9
Assault with a Deadly Weapon: 1 to 6 years in prison

COUNT 10

COUNT 11
Coercion with a Deadly Weapon: 1 to 6 years in prison (plus 1 to 6 years with deadly weapon enhancement)

COUNT 12
Coercion with a Deadly Weapon: 1 to 6 years in prison (plus 1 to 6 years with deadly weapon enhancement)
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #37
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
He was found not guilty of murder, and I am certain every one of the jurors in his current trial were familiar with the previous case.

Their knowledge of past events probably tainted their judgement in this trial.

That's true, it's not like OJ was found liable for the murders either.

He was found guilty for committing a crime that was recorded on tape. The only change he had of escaping was if the tape had been thought to have been tampered with

Last edited by MrBug708 : 10-04-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #38
MikeVic
Head Coach

in
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #39
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

It was as fair as impartial as the first trial he was in
Old 10-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #40
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
There IS a legal difference between innocent and not guilty in the eyes of the law. He's not innocent in the eyes of the law, for purposes of sentencing, prosecutorial discretion, etc. The fact that he was charged, and found responsible in a civil trial can fairly be considered.

The facts of the first trial could even be potentially relevant evidence in this trial in certain circumstances - though I'm sure the defense was careful not to "open the door" for such relevance, and the prosecutor was reluctant to go there since they had a slam dunk case.

It's just kind of telling (to me) that your first reaction to this news is noting the trial's unfairness, even though you clearly don't know anything about the second case.

"He definantly got tried for a crime he was already cleared of". Geez, you sound like his defense attorney.

well maybe you should read all of what I said instead of picking the parts you can argue about.

For fucks sake, I wasn't even the first one to suggest that the jury wasn't impartial.

I think he is guilty and hope he goes away for life, not sure how many times I can say that, but frankly you are an idiot if you dont think the jury wasn't somewhat infuenced by his first trial. That doesn't mean he isn't guilty. I was mearly making 2 seperate points and you are trying to make something out of nothing.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #41
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
It was as fair as impartial as the first trial he was in

I have no interest in defending OJ, I think he was guilty as hell of both trials.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #42
molson
General Manager

Quote:
well maybe you should read all of what I said instead of picking the parts you can argue about.

For fucks sake, I wasn't even the first one to suggest that the jury wasn't impartial.

I think he is guilty and hope he goes away for life, not sure how many times I can say that, but frankly you are an idiot if you dont think the jury wasn't somewhat infuenced by his first trial. That doesn't mean he isn't guilty. I was mearly making 2 seperate points and you are trying to make something out of nothing.

Maybe you're right, I don't know.

Tip though, if you're at a party, you might rub people the wrong way if you started saying how OJ "was cleared", "was found innocent", and that these jurors were prejudiced and that OJ didn't get a fair trial.

All of that is wrong except maybe the 3rd one, and in this case, it's a completely moot point - if you have a crime committed on tape, are the jurors really "prejudiced" when he's found guilty? Whatever. Don't be all shocked if people think you're defending him.

Last edited by molson : 10-04-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #43
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

he was cleared and found innocent in his first criminal trial so I'm not sure why people would be upset.

As for his second trial I hope he gets prison raped over and over and over...
Old 10-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #44
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Karma's a bitch...see ya OJ.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #45
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
Guilty on all counts:

COUNT 1
Conspiracy to Commit a Crime: 1 year in prison

COUNT 2
Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping: 1 to 6 years in prison

COUNT 3
Conspiracy to Commit Robbery: 1 to 6 years in prison

COUNT 4
Burglary with a Deadly Weapon: 2 to 15 years in prison

COUNT 5

COUNT 6

COUNT 7

COUNT 8

COUNT 9

COUNT 10

COUNT 11

COUNT 12

It's seems sort of hookie that they can piggy back counts on top of each other... I mean don't you have to normally conspired to commit?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #46
ace1914
High School Varsity

Quote:
he was cleared and found innocent in his first criminal trial so I'm not sure why people would be upset.

Huh?
ace1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #47
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah I thought people are innocent until proven guilty. He was never found guilty in criminal court. Thus he is innocent... Unless there is some other form of logic that people are using to say he's "not guilty" instead.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #48
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace1914 View Post
Huh?

buttseks
Old 10-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #49
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

If he was guilty for what he did this second time, how does it even matter?

If the end result was they had him on audiotape, with 5 or 6 guys testifying against him who were directly involved and something like 19 witnesses who had other information - again, if the information was so sure fire that doesn't matter who it was, he was going to be found guilty. There's nothing impartial about that.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #50
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
It's seems sort of hookie that they can piggy back counts on top of each other... I mean don't you have to normally conspired to commit?

You have to prove different elements for each, and can be found guilty of one and not the other. No, you don't have to have conspired to commit, or vice versa.

Last edited by molson : 10-04-2008 at 12:36 PM.