Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-22-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

No script (firefox) ?

Never knew about no script until reading the "keylogger" thread. Sounded like a good thing so went to the add-ons tab and installed No Script.

I'm no expert on any of this web stuff so am wondering what others think of this and how they use it?

Do you allow scripts at all of your regular sites like FOFC, OOTP, Sports Interactive, Operation Sports etc? Is it necessary to allow scripts on any of these sites?

Part of what is bothering me is every site I visit on a regular basis is marked scripts forbidden and I'm not really sure which I should allow or if I even really need to allow it on any of them?

If you go to shop at a trusted website (Walmart, Amazon, New Egg etc) do you allow scripts? Do you need to to shop?

Seems to be a good tool to give added protection against unknown sites. For known\trusted sites I don't mind having to make a allow\not allow decisions that stick on my first visit (maybe I'm showing my ignorance here) but I just don't have a clue just what sites I should allow and which I should restrict.

Thanks for any help.

Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

At sites such as fofc I generally right click on the no script icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen and select allow site. For sites where I do banking or commerce I allow all of the page. Other than that it isn't necessary to make changes but If I cant see pertinent content I temporarily allow the page to run scripts.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I only allow the specific ones needed to allow the page to function, pretty much for all pages I frequent regularly or trust.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

ok guys, thanks for the help.

Last edited by Sweed : 09-22-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote