Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Wolverine Studios Announces Music Wars Rebirth "FirstAccess" now available

For anyone interested in our newest title we have just launched our "FirstAccess" phase. Basically you can come to our site and pre-order the game at a 15% discount off of 24.95 and can begin downloading the beta versions and play testing them if you want. We also have a vote going in our MWR forum for the best user created Music Company to include with the final release of the game so help us out and place a vote there. If you have any questions on the game just stop by our forums - this is the first release for developer Antuan Johnson and he will be happy to answer your questions there. Thanks as always for your support of Wolverine.

Gary Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

By the way, just wanted to say that not only Antuan did a great job in this his first professional release of a game but so did our graphics designer - this was Icy's first project to be released with us and he did a great job with it. Take a look at the screens posted at our website. I'm extremely happy with what he did for the game.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
Blade6119
Coordinator

Is this in any way related to the freeware game Chart Wars?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:29 AM   #4
Blade6119
Coordinator

Guess not...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:55 AM   #5
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Guess not...

It's related on that it's also about running a music company, sign artists/bands, release records, schedule their tours, deal with the press, finances, etc but not related if what you mean is if it's from the same programmer.

Having played both (and with my obvious bias as the designer for this game), i can say that it's way more advanced/deep than charts wars, with way more options. I would say that is is close (naming another company game) to TEW but based on the music business instead of wrestling. Anton, the developer is also listening a lot to the open beta members as adding/tweaking a lot of requested features/changes so i'm sure this is going to be a great game.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
Blade6119
Coordinator

Thanks for the reply Icy, sounds promising!
Demotivation
Old 11-25-2008, 07:39 AM   #7
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Music Wars: Rebirth has been released according to the website over at Wolverine Studios.

http://www.wolverinestudios.com/mwr.html

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 11-25-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:55 AM   #8
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Antuan has provided a demo of the game and there is a review forthcoming at Gameshark shortly as well if anyone is interested in the title.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #9
Capital
High School Varsity

Thanks for posting...I may take a look at the demo and review over the holiday weekend.
Capital is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 03:03 PM   #10
Eilim
High School Varsity

Picked this up this afternoon. Currently having a blast just plugging in my old band and friends old bands and watching how they do in the charts.

Once I get a better feel for how the stats influence things and make up some artwork I'll go ahead and start up a label and see how I can do.

Pleasantly surprised with this one so far. Just wish a few interface elements were a bit more streamlined, but not really detering me from having fun at this point.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #11
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I encourage everyone to give it a shot over the holiday - you might be surprised by how much there is to get into with the game. I think for his first "professional" release Antuan has done an excellent job and definitely make sure you post your suggestions for streamlining the interface in our forum so he has them to improve the game for future versions.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #12
Icy
Pro Starter

Positive review at gameshark (B+):

GameShark | Reviews | Music Wars Rebirth Review

Old 11-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #13
hawk4669
High School JV

Going to buy it now. I'm a sucker for music based games.

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #14
Nogram
Mascot

Now you guys can start to push DDS Pro Football, and get that out in a months time.....

Please?
Nogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogram View Post
Now you guys can start to push DDS Pro Football, and get that out in a months time.....

Please?

DDS:PB 2 is next on the agenda, actually.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #16
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I read about this game when I got DDS: College Basketball a couple weeks ago and thought it looked interesting. Now, today I received this email:
Quote:
Rock The Charts or Hit The Links For Under Ten Bucks!

The college hoops season has come to an end but that only means its time for more gaming! Looking for your golf fix for the big tournament this weekend? What better way than by taking advantage of our special price on Total Pro Golf 2 - put yourself in the shoes of a professional golfer on one of six in game tours and play your way to the top of the world rankings. Right now you can pick it up on sale in the webstore for only 9.95 - a savings of almost 35%!

Or maybe you wish you could be one of the world's great record producers. Why not try to become that through Music Wars: Rebirth? Gameshark said "Music Wars: Rebirth has done a great job of bringing a tough but fair record industry simulation to the market" and scored it a B+ in its review. If you've been waiting to take a chance on this title you're never going to get a better one than this. MWR is also available for only 9.95 - that's 60% off its normal price! How can you beat that?

You do need to hurry though - this sale only goes through Sunday, April 12, 2009.

I already own TPG2 and will probably fire it back up when the sun will finally show its face up North, but Music Wars for under 10 buck is tempting.

Anybody got some comments on the game?

FM
Old 04-08-2009, 09:22 AM   #17
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Somewhat related to the DDS:CB discussion, I'd note that Music Wars has obviously been well-tested. I have the game and haven't found any significant bugs. $10 is a superb price for Music Wars: Rebirth. You'll definitely get your money's worth.

I actually have not purchased Total Pro Golf 2, so I'll probably give that a spin.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #18
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

other than something super buggy, I assumed I'd get at least $10 worth out of a Wolverine game. It is a great deal.

Thanks for the comments though.

FM
Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #19
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
other than something super buggy, I assumed I'd get at least $10 worth out of a Wolverine game. It is a great deal.

Thanks for the comments though.

FM

The hardest part of the game for me was learning about how the record industry universe works. I had not played any previous record industry games. It took me a couple of test games to learn the ropes and understand some of the gameplay mechanics.

I made some horribly bad decisions in a couple of my test careers. I spent far too much creating a record when I should have been creating a single instead to get my new act going. I also put far too much money into the costs of a concert tour only to have 50-100 people show up for each show, leaving me thousands of dollars in the hole with no chance of recouping that money. Once I figured out the balance of how much I should spend on those kinds of things, the game got a lot better.

Perhaps the best thing to say is that there is a learning curve, but it's not terribly steep by any means.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #20
Icy
Pro Starter

I'm obviously biased as i designed the whole game interface and graphics, but i must say it's a great game and a really hidden gem not known enough.

You can't ever say any software is 100% bugs free, but you can be sure that at least there are no crashes etc. There have been a few patches that fixed minor gameplay issues and added features, specially some big ones in the world editor (like a bands/artists random generator), but not big issues were reported related to crashes or game stoppers.

It's probably related to the programming language used, that is a games programming suite (sorry forgot the name) instead of a "pure" programming language like VB or C#.

I have thought a few times on writing a dynasty to promote it and to show how good it is, but sadly i lack the time to do that. If you want a comparison with another text sim, i would say it has as much depth if not more than TEW, but based in the music industry instead of wrestling.

I really hope this cheap sale will help it's popularity to raise as much as it should and help future versions. Would love to see any of you writting a dynasty with it.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #21
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'll buy both of these games tonight or tomorrow. I'm very excited about them. Thanks, Gary!
Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #22
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Thanks guys - the biggest reason for doing this sale was to get people to try out MWR. This was Antuan's first professional release and he made a fantastic game. I really think he's going to be a very, very good developer. I mean seriously, this game is really well done, has great depth and replayability and is a challenging simulation. For less than the price of a movie or CD today you can support a terrific young developer and we know the industry can use more of those. You will not be dissapointed with $10 spent here.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #23
Blade6119
Coordinator

Purchased it and now cant get it to start up. The install worked fine, and the game opened when i inserted the license. Sadly, after closing it I cant get it to re-open. Sent gary a PM, hoping this is resolved.
Demotivation
Old 04-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #24
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Did you reboot?
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #25
Blade6119
Coordinator

Yes, and that failed to produce any results. I did manage to solve the issue myself by downloading some windows .dll files off the net, so it works fine now!
Demotivation