Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ping: OOTP Players

For personal reasons, I have recently departed from the fast sim league FOOL (see sub-forum of the Baseball Text Sim forum here at FOFC). I left behind the defending champions Colorado Rancheros. I took them to three straight FOOL Classics (the league World Series), five FOOL Classics in eight years (two titles) and the team is still likely to be very strong for some years with the right leadership.

I would rather not see my hard work go down the drain of OOTP's crappy AI, so I am seeking any interested suitors to take over the Rancheros and keep them on track.

If you are interested, please go to the FOOL Sub Forum and post in the stickied "Waiting List" thread and/or PM Dark Cloud, who runs the sims.

FOOL is a fast sim league using OOTP 9. A season is simmed every week. So it's very fast paced. But its design is intended to not require that much time (unless you want it to, which you certainly can).

So you won't have to wait long to see the fruits of your labor blossom.

Hopefully someone will be interested in taking over the tradition-rich Rancheros, which is one of the top established teams in the league. There are a lot of well-known posters associated with the league as well, including Dark Cloud, Alan T, gstelmack, TurnerONU22 and Cringer.

If you're looking for a strong faster sim league that is a ton of fun, this is a good one to join.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Well we filled this opening and ironically, Chief is back in the league too with another team.

But we've got one new opening (the only one) in the 16-team league, this time in Ann Arbor. The Wolverines won the Classic in '67 and finished second from '68 to '71 before falling on hard times. But they have a good core of talent and could easily be back in the mix before long with a bit of tinkering.

If you like solo play, you'll love FOOL. It's like solo, but with a much better challenge of playing against 15 other real people who have different styles of putting together a ballclub, etc.

It's like a perpetual hot stove league, with the payoff of a season each weekend. Our player base has stabilized, we've got a good core of owners and we're moving full steam ahead. The game year is 1976, but we play with modern financials that are stabilized and a $65 million salary cap that makes things super competitive and NFL-like.

Here's the league, if you wanna express interest.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

And just as in real life, Columbus owns Ann Arbor
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote